: Bose Speakers test

pjbizjak
03-10-09, 10:02 AM
Is there any test that can be done to test each speaker on its own? I have a 2007 STS 1SG and I'm getting ratteling/vibration noise coming from one or more speakers. Aside from using audio left/right, front/rear, base, treble etc controls would like to test each speaker, without removing it, to isolate the bad ones. Also the speakers in the front seat(by head rests) don't seem to be working.

Cadillac Tony
03-10-09, 10:17 AM
If you're not listening to 5.1ch programming, the shoulder speakers will not be putting out much (if anything).

The only way I can think of to test each speaker is to put a DVD with a THX Optimizer menu into the DVD slot. With the car in park, you can navigate the DVD using the touchscreen. Go to the THX menu, select "Audio tests", and use the "Speaker test", which sends white noise to each of the 5.1 channels one at a time.

Some examples of DVDs with the THX menu are Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Terminator 2. Anything with the THX logo on the back of the box should have it.

Skibanker
03-16-09, 11:07 PM
I had that problem with an '06. Turns out it wasn't any of the speakers, just a rattle in the driver door. Have your dealer repair.