: Shifting/Clutch HELP!

945liter
03-09-09, 10:56 PM
CAR 04 CTS-V
I/H/E CAM 427RWHP

I have a 4 month old LS7 setup with a new ls7 slave also, everything was fine till i got tuned saturday about 11 passes in 1 hour on the dyno.

Right when the car was done i took it out to feel the new found power but the pedal would get hard 1/2 way down and get stuck.... i would try to pump it but eventually lift it with my foot; i figured maybe the fluid boiled so i flushed it and its a tiny bit better but still the same. :(

Now 1st - 2nd no problem 2nd to 3rd hestitates to go in for a second then 3rd to 4th it just blocks me out the pedal stays on the ground.
Any ideas? does anyone think the slave would go bad again? i floored it shifted @ 5k no problem but anything about it it goes down gets stuck and you can feel vibration alittle:nono:

Anyone had similar issues? or think it can be the Master? its the only thing i did not replace anyone have an idea on pricing?

ctsv154
03-09-09, 11:06 PM
Could be fluid even though you bled it. I would buy some Motul RBF600 and run through it until it runs clear out of the bleeder. Just keep pumping it through. I had this same problem and frequent bleeds and flushes with the RBF kept it working without a hitch. I have yet to hear a master go out but I'm sure its possible. My old stock slave when south and the peddle would just fall on the floor. I could pick it up and pump it back up and it would work as long as i did really fast short shifts. Hold it down for more than a second and it would bleed out into the bell housing.

AlmostAV
03-10-09, 01:04 AM
I had something similar happen at the track. where i was forced to shift gears 3->4 at like 85 ish and 4->5th at like 93ish because the rpms redlined...i guess the fluid boiled and bound the slave

945liter
03-10-09, 09:53 AM
I had something similar happen at the track. where i was forced to shift gears 3->4 at like 85 ish and 4->5th at like 93ish because the rpms redlined...i guess the fluid boiled and bound the slave

I hope not its a 3month old ls7 slave :banghead: driving normal i have ZERO issues but even if i hold 2nd at high rpm aka flying around some tight turns holding it for a block it gets stuck at the bottom and have to lift it with my foot :nono:

Im going to try a "power bleeder" but i don't see it being the resolver :annoyed:

AlmostAV
03-10-09, 11:31 AM
sounds like you got air in your lines...bleed bleed bleed away

PISNUOFF
03-10-09, 01:10 PM
Bleeding won't help you. I've bleed it 10 times every way possible for a total of about 40-50 bleeds with Motul RBF600 and I still have the same problem. I bet you can push in the clutch at a standstill, rev it up and the pedal will stay on the floor. I have an LS7 clutch and an LS1 slave (no need for a spacer) and the newness lasted about 2 months and 4 track days. It started sticking to the floor and being impossible to push in after extended high rpms at MidOhio in August and has been bad ever since. I can shift at 5000 rpm and not have a problem upshifting, but cannot rev match the rpms on downshifts. The most likely cause is a bad/worn out pressure plate. I have a new one waiting to go on, just been lazy. I guess I'll get on the ball and let you know how it turns out. I know what I'm doing this week after work.

945liter
03-10-09, 02:12 PM
Ill try reving it up high with the clutch in while in gear ill report back.

PISNUOFF
03-10-09, 02:29 PM
Don't have it in gear when you rev it up. It should stick to the floor.

1. Push in clutch pedal.
2. Rev up to about 4000 rpm
3. Lift foot off the pedal whiile it stays on the floor.

I've done this while the car was up in the air and looked inside the bell housing with a 'See Snake' and I believe the slave had not moved. I'm going to do it again today at about 5:00 with an assistant to be sure.

945liter
03-10-09, 04:55 PM
i tried it does not stick :hmm:

AlmostAV
03-12-09, 01:48 AM
I went to the track tonight, and had a similar thing happen. I went to launch, clutch pedal stuck to the floor...rpms flew up....let off.......coasted.....tried to put it in 3rd and give it a go, and same thing happened. WTF I just got my clutch bled. There has to be another issue here

945liter
03-12-09, 10:36 AM
My buddy[tech] wants to POWER BLEED it so we can completely rule it out. we did vacuum and normal foot pump. when the car is cold i can throw the gear easier if i rev the car in N at like 6k rpm for about 4-5 seconds if i depress the pedal it feels weird sometimes. When i do row through the gears it goes down 1/2 way gets hard and stuck till you lift it. Of course daily driving it, its like butter. Im not ruling out PP/Disk damage but i wanted to go with the hydro system first since this all happened after a hot 1 1/2 hour dyno session.

AlmostAV
03-12-09, 11:31 AM
I dont know what to do....Plaza said my clutch was fine a month ago, and now this happens (same thing that happened before I went to Plaza, but now its worse)

PISNUOFF
03-12-09, 01:49 PM
My buddy[tech] wants to POWER BLEED it so we can completely rule it out. we did vacuum and normal foot pump. when the car is cold i can throw the gear easier if i rev the car in N at like 6k rpm for about 4-5 seconds if i depress the pedal it feels weird sometimes. When i do row through the gears it goes down 1/2 way gets hard and stuck till you lift it. Of course daily driving it, its like butter. Im not ruling out PP/Disk damage but i wanted to go with the hydro system first since this all happened after a hot 1 1/2 hour dyno session.

Mine does all that also. I just have the added bonus of being able to do it in neutral also. I think the common thing between everyone who has this issue is heat inside the bell housing. I believe it has messed up the fingers in the pressure plate. I swear I'm going to get off my lazy streak and replace it soon.