: DMH Switch install question

surfera007
03-09-09, 08:44 PM
I just got my DMHs and am having the y-pipes installed tomorrow. I couldn't find any tips on installing the wiring to the switch. Any advice on wiring it?

What does the switch it comes with do? Is it only open/close? If so, how can I install a rocker switch so that I can leave them partially opened/closed? There are 4 wires on the switch that it comes with so I'm guessing I need to find a rocker switch that matches this.

surfera007
03-10-09, 05:15 PM
Any advice at least on where to plug in the power? The fuse box under the hood seems to far. I was thinking maybe splicing into the cags?

shadybx7
03-10-09, 07:24 PM
PM natedog, he has DMH's and im pretty sure he installed the switch himself.. i think he did a write up too

surfera007
03-11-09, 01:35 AM
OK I just did the wiring today. The longest parts were taking the shift knob off and figuring out where I was going to power it. I ruined my shift knob in the process, even though it snaps on, it can rotate if i spin it so I will probably get the GTO shift knob/boot since it looks sexy. Anyway, I ran the wiring through the shifter and it doesn't touch any part of the drive shaft or exhaust piping. I powered it to the 12V cigarette outlet behind the radio. The only problem is the wiring through the shift boot- it doesn't snap down because the wires are in the way. The only thing I can think of is to notch the side of the boot.

Cut-outs are so much fun! hahah they turned my neighbors head who has a GT-R and M6. It definitely rattles everything inside the car but it's soooo sweet having the option to shut them in 2 seconds!

acowherd
03-11-09, 01:45 AM
:postpics:

What other exhaust mods do you have?
Where did u install them at?

surfera007
03-11-09, 03:00 PM
I installed them right after the cats and have no other exhaust mods before them. - have straight pipes after the resonator which the car sounds like a prius when the valves are closed compared to open hahaha. I couldn't imagine headers and hi flo cats with them

acowherd
03-11-09, 06:08 PM
I installed them right after the cats and have no other exhaust mods before them. - have straight pipes after the resonator which the car sounds like a prius when the valves are closed compared to open hahaha. I couldn't imagine headers and hi flo cats with them

Will put up a youtube sound clip?
DMH part numbers?

surfera007
03-11-09, 07:40 PM
I bought the 2.5" valves with race ready pipes. I don't know the part numbers as this was one of the worst business transactions I've ever had. I ordered them February 2nd and they just arrived March 9th. I e-mailed and called so many times and didn't get a response until he called to tell me they were shipped finally.

Damn they really rattle the inside of the car! Not annoying, but I wish the sound came out the back more. I'm thinking of x-piping and putting the stock mufflers back on and then placing them right before the mufflers. Either way they make heads turn. I saw a guy laughing today as I was opening and closing them hahahaha.

I will get a video up next week after I get back from Mexico this weekend!

perfect
03-11-09, 07:43 PM
Did you put them under your center console (like slightly after the shifter)? There is a good picture that somebody has floating around that has their cutouts ported directly in front of their rear diff. I guess it keeps the rattling from being localized right underneath you.

bummer that the transaction didn't go smoothly. Myself and Acowherd have been considering DMH cutouts for some time now....

acowherd
03-11-09, 07:53 PM
I bought the 2.5" valves with race ready pipes. I don't know the part numbers as this was one of the worst business transactions I've ever had. I ordered them February 2nd and they just arrived March 9th. I e-mailed and called so many times and didn't get a response until he called to tell me they were shipped finally.

Damn they really rattle the inside of the car! Not annoying, but I wish the sound came out the back more. I'm thinking of x-piping and putting the stock mufflers back on and then placing them right before the mufflers. Either way they make heads turn. I saw a guy laughing today as I was opening and closing them hahahaha.

I will get a video up next week after I get back from Mexico this weekend!

You lucky SOB...... MEXICO what resort are you going to?

Did you buy from directly from dmh?

I want to do what you did...But I am thinking of stock manifolds...stock cats....x pipe ... low profile dmh cutouts...magnaflow mufflers and tips in that order on the car.

What do you think of that setup???

I will be patiently waiting for that vid...:bouncy::bouncy:

surfera007
03-18-09, 10:34 PM
You lucky SOB...... MEXICO what resort are you going to?

Did you buy from directly from dmh?

I want to do what you did...But I am thinking of stock manifolds...stock cats....x pipe ... low profile dmh cutouts...magnaflow mufflers and tips in that order on the car.

What do you think of that setup???

I will be patiently waiting for that vid...:bouncy::bouncy:

haha just got back from Playa Suites in Acapulco. It was insane to say the least.

I bought directly from DMH. I thought about that exact same setup AFTER I had them installed. That would really help with the rattling if you put them right before the mufflers and the sound would come out the back and not the side. Damn though these things are sweet. EVERYONE stares as they see me driving. hahaha

I'll get the video up this weekend.

surfera007
03-21-09, 06:59 PM
I tried getting a video today but it's really bad and my battery died so I'm going to try again later today. Here are some pics though with the wiring. I finally got the wiring perfect, but broke the clips to my shift boot in the process.

The cutouts are installed after the cats and before the resonator. I have no mufflers after the resonator (which you'll see in the video later). I wired up through the shifter as you can see in the pic and then drilled a hole in the center console for the switch. I then powered through the cigarette outlet behind the radio (but now my ashtray door wont close unless is push it from the bottom) and then wired right through the corner underneath as you can see with the hanger I had to push the wiring through. I used a metal hanger with no paint on it and it shorted the fuse when the hanger got grounded when it touched my clutch petal. I knew I should have used a painted hanger. Close everything up and it works perfect! :bouncy: