: Clearview & ClearBra

rocketeer
03-09-09, 03:04 PM
i found a local (Rockville MD) dealer who tints and has a line of paint protection called Clear SHield. Has anyone here used Clear Shield as opposed to the more familiar Clear Bra product? I was quoted an internet special of $495 for the deluxe package, hood, bumper, mirrors front fenders which is I think a bit cheaper than CLear Bra. Typical 5 year warrantee against yellowing etc. Is it worth it or should I hold out for Clear Bra? they also have a 3M line of window tint which i have never used before. Anyone have experience with either of these products?
This will be for the new V I just picked, pictures to follow

eagle_lex
03-09-09, 05:48 PM
i have clear shield on a 2005 black nissan pathfinder that i drive 100 miles a day all interstate. (currently 84k miles) the BEST single purchase of my life. no yellowing, no peeling, no issues. just nice and smooth with ZERO road damage. it is simply the best thing you can do for your vehicle. i will have my V done as soon as my tight ass breaks down and buys one.....

thebigjimsho
03-09-09, 07:12 PM
my Venture Shield has a lifetime warranty...

homesite
03-09-09, 08:09 PM
I installed my kit my self . The kit cost me $200 on ebay

eagle_lex
03-10-09, 09:13 AM
my patience struggles with traffic lights so i could never install one myself. i think i paid around 400 for the full kit on my pathfinder. (front/partial hood/mirrors)

Cub Cadet
03-10-09, 01:02 PM
i found a local (Rockville MD) dealer who tints and has a line of paint protection called Clear SHield. Has anyone here used Clear Shield as opposed to the more familiar Clear Bra product? I was quoted an internet special of $495 for the deluxe package, hood, bumper, mirrors front fenders which is I think a bit cheaper than CLear Bra. Typical 5 year warrantee against yellowing etc. Is it worth it or should I hold out for Clear Bra? they also have a 3M line of window tint which i have never used before. Anyone have experience with either of these products?
This will be for the new V I just picked, pictures to follow

Make sure you get the Lower portion of the sides done... including the area right ahead of the rear wheel. The front wheels kick up enough junk to where the area right ahead of the rear tires gets sandblasted.