: NEW 2009 CTS-V owner

TAGZO
03-08-09, 10:24 PM
Hi there everyone!

I am new here, been reading your posts but finally got my ride (red auto)! So I thought I would post now :)

I heard that the 2009 CTS-V in the Persian Gulf (UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, etc.) is rated at 609 HP! I am not sure, but this thing really is fast :)

It has about 500 miles now, but I could not resist flooring it! It feels like an plane taking off! :D well, I tuned it a bit now (basic tune cooling, rev limiter, TQ management, shift points, etc) . After eliminating the TQ management I get a big difference in shifting.

BTW, who sells the intake elbow, filter, etc?

Thanks guys in advance!

CadV
03-08-09, 11:35 PM
Hi there everyone!

I am new here, been reading your posts but finally got my ride (red auto)! So I thought I would post now :)

I heard that the 2009 CTS-V in the Persian Gulf (UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, etc.) is rated at 609 HP! I am not sure, but this thing really is fast :)

It has about 500 miles now, but I could not resist flooring it! It feels like an plane taking off! :D well, I tuned it a bit now (basic tune cooling, rev limiter, TQ management, shift points, etc) . After eliminating the TQ management I get a big difference in shifting.

BTW, who sells the intake elbow, filter, etc?

Thanks guys in advance!

Congrats on the car. As far as mods we are waiting on the different shops to release.

neuronbob
03-08-09, 11:53 PM
Congrats on your car, I hope to be not far behind you.

ctsv5005
03-09-09, 07:50 AM

Thanks guys in advance!

actually that was a mistake in the article, im living in UAE and am having a red 09 cts v, which is 556 hp. there is nothing as 609hp here.

so where did u get the mods from? u still have warranty?

cheers

thebigjimsho
03-09-09, 07:01 PM
It must be your oil. We all know the right oil bumps hp and mpg by at least 15%...

Vlakaz
03-10-09, 02:40 PM
It must be your oil. We all know the right oil bumps hp and mpg by at least 15%...

Good call Bigjim... I am sure it says it somewhere but is the 556HP rating using 91 octane? I wonder what the rating would be with our local Canadian 94 octane, or even the 98 octane available throughout Europe. :rolleyes:

Hec, there is a place here that sells 110 octane I believe.

Richie18
03-10-09, 02:49 PM
Unless you get a tune for 98 octane there wouldn't be any difference.

Vlakaz
03-10-09, 02:52 PM
Unless you get a tune for 98 octane there wouldn't be any difference.

Ahh ok, so I assume the 556 rating was on regular pump 91 octane.

So is there any reason at all then to fill up with 94 octane without any type of tune change?

Richie18
03-10-09, 05:53 PM
Ahh ok, so I assume the 556 rating was on regular pump 91 octane.

So is there any reason at all then to fill up with 94 octane without any type of tune change?

Keep in mind that the octane rating in the U.S differs from Europe. I would refer to your owners manual or the fuel cap on the car to determine what fuel is required in your region. The reason there are 98 octane in other countries is because it isthe equivalent of ~91 octane in the U.S.

After reading your post it seems your from the U.S., so yes there would be no reason to fill up the car with a higher octane than what is required.

aceofblitz
03-10-09, 07:09 PM
98 octane in Europe = 94 octane in the US. And 94 Europe = 89 US I think, its something to do with how they calculate the octane levels in both countries, something about RON, MON, and the average of their sum.

Richie18
03-10-09, 07:32 PM
98 octane in Europe = 94 octane in the US. And 94 Europe = 89 US I think, its something to do with how they calculate the octane levels in both countries, something about RON, MON, and the average of their sum.

yeah i couldn't remember what it really was.

Vlakaz
03-11-09, 12:09 AM
I never know that octane in Canada/US is differnet then Europe. I always figured 91 is 91 no matter where.

I learned something new today. thx:D

btw I am in Canada... our gas options are 87,89, and 91 for premium, but we have one gas station chain that offers a 94 as well.

TAGZO
03-11-09, 11:40 AM
actually that was a mistake in the article, im living in UAE and am having a red 09 cts v, which is 556 hp. there is nothing as 609hp here.

so where did u get the mods from? u still have warranty?

cheers
Well, i read it in Arabia Motors Magazine that the CTS-V is 609 hp. i think it is a typo!

about the mods, I do my mods myself! and i do tune all my cars too :D there is no way the dealer can tell if the tuned is changed :D so no issues with warranty :D so far, i eliminated the TQ management. However, my car just turned 1000 km so i took it to the dealer for the first service. The tech there told me there is a recall in the CTS-V program. So they flashed the PCM! :( i lost all the tuning i did :(

No worries, i will do it again :D but honestly, without the TQ management, the car is something else! i will dyno tune it soon too :)

TAGZO
03-11-09, 11:49 AM
Thanks guys :)

When I dyno the car I will let you all know what is the GCC spec results. The dealership re-flashed the PCM. But I still have the old one :P I will check and compare the 2 files and see what they did! I feel before was better. I am not sure, it could be that I got used to the "no TQ management"