: Simple way to fix every Cater problem

98 Catera
03-08-09, 07:17 PM
No i'm not gonna say sell it. If your on this forum it's because you like your car and your trying to fix it. I just wanted to let you know I just signed up for US Warranty. 0 deductable free towing and rental car. Covers everything and you can take it to the dealer or an autherized shop. My coverage starts this friday. I'll have a list for the dealer...lol Wonder if I can get new headlights since my hi-beams dont work and the housing is all falling apart? My suspension makes noise in the front end, my steering wheel is cocked to the right, oil pressure gauge does what it wants to, fog lights are almost falling out. etc... I'll let you know how it works out for me.

Mike

lakesidepark
03-09-09, 12:54 PM
U.S Fidelis has a purty picture of a Catera in all of their ads for extended warranty....seems to be their feature car!

catera00
03-09-09, 04:52 PM
I had a warranty when I bought the car and it saved me thousands! Unfortunately it expired. Can you get these warranties after you buy the car and have owned it for awhile? Cause I would definitely get it!

98 Catera
03-09-09, 05:34 PM
The warranty company I went with is US Warranty. U.S Fidelis has over 800+ complaints with the BBB. My company I went with has only 2 complaints and they are already resolved. I only owned my car for like a month and a half and they sent me a random warranty paper to call. I always get them but toss em. But this one said Chevy / Pontiac / GMC so i called it to see what it was about and I bought it. So I don't think it matters how long you own your car for. Mines pricey...102 a month but I hope it pays for itsself rite off the start.

drummer07
03-09-09, 05:40 PM
do you have a website for the company? i googled, but found many different ones.

98 Catera
03-09-09, 07:45 PM
ill post a phone number or a website when i get home. Im at work rite now and the info is at home.

98 Catera
03-10-09, 11:31 PM
yea, i fell asleep lastnight. the place is called US AUTO WARRANTY phone number is 1.866.608.4868. They deal with Cadillac.Chevy.Buick. I know I almost couldn't get it cause they ask you your milage and I told them 87,000 and they a stop offering at 80,000 because their plans cover up to 100,000 over what you already have on the car. But I told them all the stuff I already had done to the car and that it's running fine so he asked his manager and they approved it. Good Luck

Mike

98 Catera
03-11-09, 08:38 AM
So now my catera is covered up 187,000 miles at the dealer. Sounds almost too good to be true. Don't know why someone would offer a warranty that long but ok. If its not everything the guys said it will be i'll cancel it. But like I said before, I have a list i'm takin to the dealer and i'll let you all know if it's a good and paid for and if it's a good warranty company to deal with.

98 Catera
03-13-09, 05:15 PM
Found the 1st flaw of this service already...

There is a 3month / 1,000 mile grace period before you can use this warranty. Their excuse is "when you signed up for the service, you said the car was running good, so you shouldn't need to put it in the shop rite away". So either lie when you call about your mileage or pay for 3 months of service your not allowed to use. They do this so they can cut-out charging you for taking it somewhere so they can check out the car before approving your warranty. Whatever...

investor74
03-13-09, 09:00 PM
You gotta see their point, however. All insurance inlcuding health insurance has some waiting period, or pre-existing condition clause. Otherwise, no one would sign up for the service until they had a major problem. Wait until you need a valve job and then sign up, etc. The waiting period keeps you from doing that (unless you can do without the car for 3 months).

98 Catera
03-14-09, 12:01 AM
yea, i know why they do it. I kept the service anyway, but I told the guy they should tell people about that from the start.

Clintoncole79
06-24-09, 11:54 AM
so have you used the warranty yet?

drummer07
06-28-09, 04:55 PM
did you ever get the phone number? is this the website? http://www.uswarranty.com/

Warez
06-29-09, 02:48 AM
US Fidelis is a very shady company. They were the company that was behind those automated calls where a recordeing tells you that your cars warranty is about to expire. The FTC went after them so they switched to those TV ads. They have a very complex contract filled with hidden terms a conditions to get them out of honoring any warranty claims.

The whole aftermarket auto warranty industry is like this, just a bunch of scammers. Don't waste your money.