: Sirius XM Question

RogersV
03-08-09, 04:02 PM
I had a Chrysler Product, (Sirius Radio) before getting the 09 "V" a G.M. Product, (XM Radio). I had bought a lifetime subscription to Sirius and even though both companies are now one, they will not transfer the lifetime subscription.

Is the XM Radio receiver a plug-in unit to our NAV system, one that can be disconnected and replaced with a Sirius Receiver? If not, any suggestions or am I SOL? Thanks in advance.

thebigjimsho
03-08-09, 04:15 PM
I had a Chrysler Product, (Sirius Radio) before getting the 09 "V" a G.M. Product, (XM Radio). I had bought a lifetime subscription to Sirius and even though both companies are now one, they will not transfer the lifetime subscription.

Is the XM Radio receiver a plug-in unit to our NAV system, one that can be disconnected and replaced with a Sirius Receiver? If not, any suggestions or am I SOL? Thanks in advance.
In the V1 you could piggyback a Sirius receiver and control it through the radio. It would still say XM but the channel listings and playlists were Sirius...

eagle_lex
03-08-09, 05:07 PM
this is a great question and btw thats total BULL SH#T that sirus will not honor your package. bad business imo.

RapidRob
03-08-09, 07:17 PM
I'm really interested in the answers to this myself. I already have SIRIUS in one vehicle, and now when the v2 arrives, it will have XM with a trial period. Guess I'll have to give SIRIUS a call when I get the v2 and ask what the options are ... ?

Rob

Iceman50
03-08-09, 08:29 PM
The answer is simple. The lifetime subscription stays with the radio. (vehicle) This is clearly spelled out in the Terms of Service.

RogersV
03-08-09, 10:29 PM
The answer is simple. The lifetime subscription stays with the radio. (vehicle) This is clearly spelled out in the Terms of Service.

If you read the terms it does say you can change the vehicle, to the tune of $75.00, but agreed it doesn't say one can switch from Sirius to XM. Seeing it's all the same company now and wouldn't be any skin off their a** other than the fact they think they can get me to subscribe to XM, which will never happen. So getting back to my question.........

tedcmiller
03-08-09, 11:35 PM
I was looking at a vehicle that has a Sirius radio to replace one that has an XM radio. I don't have a lifetime subscription to either one so switching is less of a problem than for a situation where a lifetime subscription is involved. However, I currently have four XM radios (one of which is currently free because it is a new purchase (2009 CTS-V) so that I am paying one full rate and two at the add-on rate monthly (that will change to three when the freebie runs out). I sent a question via e-mail to the Sirius car manufacturer regarding my multiple-radio subscription to XM and how that would be affected since Sirius and XM are now one company. Not only did they not answer my question they pleaded ignorance and sent me to XM for an answer.

rgp6373
03-09-09, 01:06 AM
i would much rather have sirius as i live in canada and the signal for xm up here sucks . as for changing the v2 as of right now it can't be done because the sat receiver is built into the head unit

dvandentop
03-09-09, 02:24 AM
one could buy the siri-gm1 module and then pay the $75 to transfer i suppose rather then losing the big payment all together

TheGeeman
03-09-09, 12:24 PM
I have (had) three cars with satellite radio. Two of the cars had XM and one car had Sirius. After the merger was completed I contacted Sirius and requested the multi-account discount.

Remember how the two companies testified to regulators that the merger would benefit consumers? Bull. Sirius-XM refused to include the Sirius subscription as a multi-account subscription.

Since is so easy to copy songs to the HD I’m letting all of my subscriptions expire.
G.

eagle_lex
03-09-09, 05:55 PM
sirius will not stay in business long if they treat customers like that. i dont see the big deal. they will actually keep more customers (ie make more money) if they would let you merge your accounts. when i buy my V i will simply not subscribe since it will be a weekend only car. now if they would work with me i would probably get it for a nominal fee but if its like a whole new subscription then they can forget it. i will listen to burned music...

thebigjimsho
03-09-09, 07:14 PM
i would much rather have sirius as i live in canada and the signal for xm up here sucks . as for changing the v2 as of right now it can't be done because the sat receiver is built into the head unit

one could buy the siri-gm1 module and then pay the $75 to transfer i suppose rather then losing the big payment all together
via piggyback...