: no 2010 cts-v ???

syclone2003
03-08-09, 03:20 AM
Can anyone tell me is they heard of the cts-v not being built in 2010 ? I had a sales person call me and tell me they just got a memo that the cts-v production has been stoped. If I wanted one I should act fast. It sounds like BS. Can anyone give me more info if there is any.

thebigjimsho
03-08-09, 03:26 AM
It was halted temporarily. But only for a few weeks. your salesman is a doink.

darjae
03-08-09, 03:28 AM
Can anyone tell me is they heard of the cts-v not being built in 2010 ? I had a sales person call me and tell me they just got a memo that the cts-v production has been stoped. If I wanted one I should act fast. It sounds like BS. Can anyone give me more info if there is any.

I'll call BS. They will certainly make a 2010 V! They wouldn't even have to change anything! People on this forum have been waiting for months for delivery. And, There aren't tons of differences in drivetrains between the CTS (which will continue, no doubt) and the V2. Maybe the 2011 is in doubt, but the 2010 is safe for sure!!

syclone2003
03-08-09, 03:30 AM
Thanks for the info. I will have one no matter what.

thebigjimsho
03-08-09, 03:39 AM
the only way future sales is in doubt is if GM goes past bankruptcy and things go crazy. if the car sells, they'll make it.

Razorecko
03-08-09, 12:44 PM
we'll know in about a month - Scott said that they have the next year models info around april. If they get no info or whatnot well than we have our answer

thebigjimsho
03-08-09, 01:33 PM
Tony will know...we can ask him...

thedead
03-09-09, 08:35 PM
they shut down for good as part of their bailout plans...

Generally the department deals with developing all SS models, including the upcoming Camaro SS. With the exception of that vehicle Muniga said that General Motors has no plans to release high performance versions of any new cars.

I guess we can kiss goodbye any hopes of a V-Series CTS Coupe thenů

Razorecko
03-09-09, 08:46 PM
Can we get a dealer to chime in on this one ? If this is true that means that all new orders would be stopped sometime in April. Which is the month that orders for next years models come out. Also if there is any supplier issues with the recaros that its possible it might be something on restriction sooner than april. But I say this is all speculation untill a dealer says so as they get the last word in from GM.

thedead
03-09-09, 08:57 PM
go on google news and search "gm high performance vehicles" I can't post links for some reason

TheGeeman
03-09-09, 09:09 PM
I think people are getting the closing of the perfomence engineering division with the production division. I searched google news using the above parameters and found nothing stating they are closing the performance production.

Here are two quotes:

Muniga says existing performance models, such as the Corvette-engined CTS-V, will remain in production but no future projects are planned

It turns out, though, that G.M. will continue to sell those models, at least until it is time to replace them with the next generation. Vince Muniga, G.M.’s

G.

thebigjimsho
03-09-09, 09:32 PM
Do they have the engineers running double duty? Design and then run down to build the cars by hand?

Razorecko
03-09-09, 09:41 PM
The basic facts are that when the performance division was announced to be disbanded there was the mentality that the bailout would fully save GM. Now there is the possibility of bankruptcy. If they do file bankruptcy we do not know the stipulations. For all we know GM can be forced into just creating battery powered hybrids. The economic situation is shifting so rapidly that what happens next month is anyones guess.

ExtraV
03-09-09, 11:13 PM
Sounds like a desperate salesman trying to lure you into a quick sale. They will still be making the V until the current CTS gets a full makeover, which probably isn't until 2013 or so.

Vrocks
03-10-09, 12:02 AM

Generally the department deals with developing all SS models, including the upcoming Camaro SS. With the exception of that vehicle Muniga said that General Motors has no plans to release high performance versions of any new cars.

I guess we can kiss goodbye any hopes of a V-Series CTS Coupe
then…
I was told that the V series (at least through the V coupe) isn't affected by that.

MauiV
03-10-09, 11:07 AM
The Performance Division shutdown will stop the production of NEW models, not CURRENT models that have been designed. That would mean no V3, but the Performance Division wasnt aborted, it was mearly shelved for re-structuring and to make GM look good while begging for money.

The V2 will continue as long as the current body style CTS is around since it is already designed and out the door.

Cadillac Tony
03-10-09, 11:22 AM
GMHPVO doesn't build cars, and they don't even do the majority of the design work on them.

The bulk of their input on the CTS-V was aero testing on the new fascia and hood and tweaking the MRC settings on the Nurburgring. Now that this work is done, the cars are built by the same fine folks that assemble the V6 CTSes in Lansing, Michigan, which means that production will continue regardless of the HPV engineers being temporarily reassigned.

jvp
03-10-09, 12:02 PM
GMHPVO doesn't build cars, and they don't even do the majority of the design work on them.

The bulk of their input on the CTS-V was aero testing on the new fascia and hood and tweaking the MRC settings on the Nurburgring.

Eh... Um... Sorry to correct you Tony, but... Not quite.

HPVO had fairly significant say on the V, including (but not limited to) -
- Brakes
- MRC tuning
- Stabilitrak settings (actually a complete overhaul)
- Facia aero (specifically for the brake cooling, which they ultimately lost against Styling)
- Tire selection
- Interior upgrades (Hello? Recaro? ...)
- Gearing for the rear end
- Auto transmission gearing and programming
- Clutch tuning for the manual (effort, pressures needed, etc)
- Lots more...

You are correct that they don't build cars. And their disbanding will not harm the current CTS-V. But to say that the "bulk" of their work was in aero and MRC tuning is selling them WAAAAAY short.

jas

Cadillac Tony
03-10-09, 12:13 PM
The details are irrelevant. My point was that HPVO's duties lie in the development side of the product, not the production side. At this point the vehicle is built, tested, designed and in production. The people who tuned and tweaked it getting moved to a different area does not mean it will no longer be produced.

These constant threads about "Oh noes- no more CTS-V!!11!!" are ridiculous. It would be like saying that Microsoft Windows won't be sold anymore since one of the programmers got laid off. There's even spy photos of the coupe V running around in minimal camo, yet we've still got people claiming the coupe V is dead. :doh: Since the coupe rides on the exact same wheelbase as the sedan, there's absolutely NOTHING for HPVO to do- it's already been done on the sedan.

Krug Ford
03-10-09, 12:32 PM
They are going to build them for 2010.. If GM goes into BR. they will shut down for a while to restructure.. The only thing that might really slow them down is if the suppliers go out of business.