: had the battery cable recall work done this week...

fleadh
03-07-09, 04:02 PM
...and the dealer broke the post off the starter motor when they were relocating the battery cable. they had to over-night a new starter from michigan since there wasn't any on the west coast....... just a heads up if anyone else is getting this done. you might want to remind your techs to go easy on it. :-)

-mike

cmicasa
03-07-09, 11:59 PM
Had mine done as well a coupla days back... actually decided to wait for it as they served me a damn fine Cappuccino while I did. Took them about 45 minutes and I was out the door with a 2 free Oil Changes and 3 Car wash vouchers:cool2:

62Jeff
03-08-09, 01:03 AM
I searched the forum, perhaps incorrectly, and am unable to find a previous discussion on a battery cable recall.

Can you please enlighten me on what this recall is about?

I've had my car just a few weeks, and although that seems to have been plenty of time to get on On-Star and XM Radio's mailing list, perhaps it hasn't been long enough to get on Cadillac's Recall mailing list.

Thank You,
Jeff

darjae
03-08-09, 01:34 AM
I searched the forum, perhaps incorrectly, and am unable to find a previous discussion on a battery cable recall.

Can you please enlighten me on what this recall is about?

I've had my car just a few weeks, and although that seems to have been plenty of time to get on On-Star and XM Radio's mailing list, perhaps it hasn't been long enough to get on Cadillac's Recall mailing list.

Thank You,
Jeff

started in this thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/158849-service-update-battery-cable-routing-torque.html

If you just got your's, you're probably not affected as it was caught early.

If you're affected they just need to check the clearance/routing of your battery cable.

62Jeff
03-08-09, 11:22 AM
started in this thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/158849-service-update-battery-cable-routing-torque.html

If you just got your's, you're probably not affected as it was caught early.

If you're affected they just need to check the clearance/routing of your battery cable.

Thank you for the reply. Clearly my use of the Search function was incorrect, versus unsuccessful :-)

Although I just purchased my car, it has a build date of October 2008 according to the sticker on the door.

In fact there was a card of some sort in the glove box with "2009 CTS/CTS - V US KIT" (among other things) printed on it. Looks like something from the factory, and is stamped Oct 20, 2008 12:04

ewill3rd
03-08-09, 12:16 PM
I did one, it was quick and easy.
Some of our starters can be fragile as compared to those of days gone by, but an experienced hand should have no problem.