: Proper down force for LS2 owners

Civardi
03-07-09, 12:38 PM
Sadly this is only for an 06. I can dare to dream that one will be offered for us unlucky LS6 owners.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/66-Universal-Carbon-GT-Sopiler-06-Cadillac-CTS-V_W0QQitemZ220373454403QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_C ar_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item220373454403&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Ferny
03-07-09, 12:51 PM
:eek::thepan::hmm::cookoo::wtf::rice2:

Thats horrible...lol

Claimslngr
03-07-09, 01:04 PM
That has to be worth 50+ hp!:bigroll::bigroll::thehand:

814V
03-07-09, 01:23 PM
yea you know those guys with the mighty truck motor would need that

rand49er
03-07-09, 01:30 PM
Gotta git me a sopiler.

CTSV_Rob
03-07-09, 01:35 PM
Thank god I have an 07, won't fit on mine either :D

tisk, tisk, another LS2 basher, still some cubic envy going on in the forums.

VforMe
03-07-09, 01:40 PM
:drool:Dude that's awesome. Not only will it make your car faster, but it doubles as a park bench you can eat your sandwich on at lunchtime at the track.

whisler151
03-07-09, 01:42 PM
Thank god I have an 07, won't fit on mine either :D

tisk, tisk, another LS2 basher, still some cubic envy going on in the forums.

:yeah:

Twitch
03-07-09, 01:59 PM
There's gotta be a way to retro-fit that onto an 05. Maybe Luke can get UUC to make a bracket or something. Should be on Trukks car by September,,,,or November,,,,or early 2010,,,,,

814V
03-07-09, 02:50 PM
There's gotta be a way to retro-fit that onto an 05. Maybe Luke can get UUC to make a bracket or something. Should be on Trukks car by September,,,,or November,,,,or early 2010,,,,,

im pretty sure he is already running it :stirpot:

AAIIIC
03-07-09, 02:56 PM
Well, that ad shows it on a Corolla, so maybe if we can modify the Corolla's trunk lid to fit on an '04, '05, or '07 V, the rest of us could enjoy that wing, too.

whisler151
03-07-09, 03:23 PM
Doesn't Naf have one of these?

atdeneve
03-07-09, 03:46 PM
Yeah, everything's rice, right?

Swęde headliner? Rice!
Twentys? Rice!
Spoilers, other than the only two or three accepted options here? Rice!
Chick in front of V? Rice! Plus FUPA!

Looks like shit on the Corolla, but I'd rock that if it sat lower against the body. I like the general shape of the spoiler though. It'd be nice to find a spoiler other than the ones every other person rocks, which I'm not all that partial to to begin with. I think one that is raised yet hugs the body contour would look good.

Saw one on a Gallardo that was sick. Really blended in with the body lines well. And the Gallardo has a very similar chiseled "designed by someone who only had a ruler" look/theme about it. Woulda been nice if I could find out where they got that one...

Nutz
03-07-09, 03:51 PM
Spoiler... The perfect word for that p.o.s.

814V
03-07-09, 06:15 PM
Yeah, everything's rice, right?

Swęde headliner? Rice!
Twentys? Rice!
Spoilers, other than the only two or three accepted options here? Rice!
Chick in front of V? Rice! Plus FUPA!

Looks like shit on the Corolla, but I'd rock that if it sat lower against the body. I like the general shape of the spoiler though. It'd be nice to find a spoiler other than the ones every other person rocks, which I'm not all that partial to to begin with. I think one that is raised yet hugs the body contour would look good.

Saw one on a Gallardo that was sick. Really blended in with the body lines well. And the Gallardo has a very similar chiseled "designed by someone who only had a ruler" look/theme about it. Woulda been nice if I could find out where they got that one...

:urb:

and its full of :rice2:

atdeneve
03-07-09, 07:36 PM
Yeah, let's just all fall in line for the sake of fallin' in line, right?

"Oh please, don't flame me. Ooh, I know, I'll call it rice! Ha ha, that's the ticket! Then I'll fit right in!"

Some people need to get a spine and stop brainlessly miming other people (just a general observation, not necessarily pertaining to this particular thread alone)...

As for me, I'ma go eat me some rice ... cuz you "take my ... [spoiler] ... and I'm like a Chinese man with no rice." :nono:

CTSV_510
03-07-09, 07:39 PM
Don't you guys read? That there is a Universal sopiler.

I think that means that it can aso be mounted on the hood.

CTSV_510
03-07-09, 07:41 PM
Yeah, let's just all fall in line for the sake of fallin' in line, right?

"Oh please, don't flame me. Ooh, I know, I'll call it rice! Ha ha, that's the ticket! Then I'll fit right in!"

Some people need to get a spine and stop brainlessly miming other people (just a general observation, not necessarily pertaining to this particular thread alone)...

As for me, I'ma go eat me some rice ... cuz you "take my ... [spoiler] ... and I'm like a Chinese man with no rice." :nono:

:wtf:

Jayrcr3
03-07-09, 07:47 PM
it's still rice!

thebigjimsho
03-07-09, 11:32 PM
Well, that ad shows it on a Corolla, so maybe if we can modify the Corolla's trunk lid to fit on an '04, '05, or '07 V, the rest of us could enjoy that wing, too.
i love how they use the sample pic of a Corolla. yeah, these guys don't really want to sell any of these, do they? oh, wait...

ccextra1976
03-07-09, 11:36 PM
http://moblog.net/media/r/i/c/ricer/zero-wing.jpg

this company has a package deal with free spinner hub caps:histeric:

thebigjimsho
03-08-09, 12:03 AM
http://moblog.net/media/r/i/c/ricer/zero-wing.jpg

this company has a package deal with free spinner hub caps:histeric:
that wing isn't even centered properly...

ccextra1976
03-08-09, 12:12 AM
that wing isn't even centered properly...

it offsets the position of the FWD diff :)

thebigjimsho
03-08-09, 12:17 AM
dammity!

AAIIIC
03-08-09, 12:50 AM
Spoiler... The perfect word for that p.o.s.
Actually, the perfect word for it would be "wing", since it's certainly not a spoiler.

I just sent the seller the following note, I'm curious to see his reply.

What NACA profile is the wing? And what is the thickness of the chord? Just trying to calculate some rough aero numbers before I seriously think about buying it.

Thanks!
:)

CadiBlk
03-08-09, 01:02 AM
Doesn't V-Sam run a wing while he is on the track?

thebigjimsho
03-08-09, 01:31 AM
yes. but it works on the track. not rice.

v-sam
03-08-09, 10:03 AM
Yeah I do have a wing I run on the track. Sorry I have been trying to upload some pics. of my car on track for the past 30 mins. but they keep failing.

thebigjimsho
03-08-09, 11:48 AM
fail?

UnsafeAtAnySpd
03-08-09, 01:46 PM
Do you just have two separate trunk lids you swap out or...?

thebigjimsho
03-08-09, 02:51 PM
Do you just have two separate trunk lids you swap out or...?
he has something similar to a hood pin setup for adding and removing it at his choosing...

smokisnshellz
03-08-09, 04:49 PM
:rice::ack:That is THE worst thing ive ever seen! That is the definition of rice!

atdeneve
03-08-09, 05:29 PM
That's it, I'm a get it!

AAIIIC
03-08-09, 06:06 PM
Yeah I do have a wing I run on the track. Sorry I have been trying to upload some pics. of my car on track for the past 30 mins. but they keep failing.
I'm guessing it's because they were huge. Assuming you're using a PC (not an Apple), do yourself a favor and go to Microsoft's Powertoys page (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx) and download the Image Resizer (scroll down, the file is on the right side of the page). It's very, very handy for taking raw digital camera images and quickly resizing them to "normal" sizes that you can share on the web or via email.

Anyway, here are V-sam's picks resized:
http://www.submariner.org/thepno95/Pictures/CTS-V%20pics/big%20ugly%20wing1.jpg

http://www.submariner.org/thepno95/Pictures/CTS-V%20pics/big%20ugly%20wing2.jpg

http://www.submariner.org/thepno95/Pictures/CTS-V%20pics/big%20ugly%20wing3.jpg

What is the wing you're using, V-sam? Honestly, I think it sits a bit too low to really be as effective as it could be. To some extent that's probably a good thing, though, since you don't have any aero improvements on the front of the car to balance it out.

atdeneve
03-08-09, 06:49 PM
See, if that wing just weren't as wide, stopping right beyond the tail lights, and clung to the lines of the body a bit more (it wouldn't look so out of place) ... but ...

What is the wing you're using, V-sam? Honestly, I think it sits a bit too low to really be as effective as it could be. To some extent that's probably a good thing, though, since you don't have any aero improvements on the front of the car to balance it out.

... that'd be my only worry.

I'd have the front down force taken care of, but how well balanced it would be? Only way to tell, unfortunately, would be to try it out. Or wind tunnel ... yeah right.

atdeneve
03-08-09, 06:51 PM
Bronzed rear calipers. Gangsta!

thebigjimsho
03-08-09, 07:48 PM
bronze rears??

v-sam, what are you running for wheels and tires?

v-sam
03-08-09, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post

You guys said it all! I don't want to adjust that wing until I have a splitter on the front. For sure there is more gain to be had but, without the wind tunnel its trial and error. According to my traqmate and my butt I am pulling 2+ G's under braking. It really was the 2nd best track worthy investment I made next to a competition tire. The wing is TPM no clue what it stands for. I got it from Lou Gigliotti when I was at Sebring a year ago. Yeah it looks pretty goofy sitting on the back and I get some glances from people but not when I am overtaking a GT3 Cup Car with an instructor at the wheel going into a braking zone. Not trying to brag or gloat just proving a point.

I have 2 sets of wheels the stock ones powder coated black and the racing dynamics from Luke at Lindsay also in black (I don't like cleaning the brake dust off) with the BFG R1 245/40/18.

v-sam
03-08-09, 09:22 PM
Thanks again for post the pics. they were just to big and I wasn't paying attention.

CadzillaTN
03-09-09, 01:00 AM
http://www.marcusleadley.com/recipes/rice.jpg

(except for track use)

shadybx7
03-09-09, 02:21 AM
http://www.submariner.org/thepno95/Pictures/CTS-V%20pics/big%20ugly%20wing3.jpg

I have nothing constructive to say other then i like this shot with the rooster tail of dirt..

trukk
03-09-09, 12:02 PM

Guys,

I have some video of John passing me at VIR, comming out of hog pen he could carry SOOO much more speed than me. That thing WORKS! He also kills it through the uphill esses....no joke.

I don't recall which video it is, one of the CHIN VIR vids I have on YouTube. Search TRUKKD, and you'll find it.

-Chris

ccextra1976
03-09-09, 12:04 PM
Guys,

I have some video of John passing me at VIR, comming out of hog pen he could carry SOOO much more speed than me. That thing WORKS! He also kills it through the uphill esses....no joke.

I don't recall which video it is, one of the CHIN VIR vids I have on YouTube. Search TRUKKD, and you'll find it.

-Chris

I watched it a few weeks ago and was going to make a comment on u-tube about the ricer wing, until I noticed you didn't pass him in the video..lol

whisler151
03-09-09, 12:57 PM
Guys,

-Chris

So we have to go through all 50 minutes to find him passing you? I love watching your vids but i'm at work. Any idea which of the 6?

Also, does anyone know V-Sam's mods?

814V
03-09-09, 01:19 PM
i cant believe we are still talking about this

Civardi
03-09-09, 01:41 PM
i cant believe we are still talking about this

Neither can I. Wait I just added an extra comment too. :banghead:

trukk
03-09-09, 01:57 PM
So we have to go through all 50 minutes to find him passing you? I love watching your vids but i'm at work. Any idea which of the 6?

Also, does anyone know V-Sam's mods?

heh....umm...ahhh....yah...

Sorry I don't recall which video it's on. I can't view YouTube @ work either. If I had to guess it would be on the 2nd video of the newest set of VIR footage.

-Chris

whisler151
03-09-09, 03:19 PM
heh....umm...ahhh....yah...

Sorry I don't recall which video it's on. I can't view YouTube @ work either. If I had to guess it would be on the 2nd video of the newest set of VIR footage.

-Chris

Ok, its part 2 of the Chin July 2008. V-Sam enters around 1:12 and is pretty much out of sight by 2:40.

Damn, I was hoping to see you braking and him fly by for the pass. Oh well. Nice driving as usual Trukk! :thumbsup:

trukk
03-09-09, 03:48 PM
Ok, its part 2 of the Chin July 2008. V-Sam enters around 1:12 and is pretty much out of sight by 2:40.

Damn, I was hoping to see you braking and him fly by for the pass. Oh well. Nice driving as usual Trukk! :thumbsup:

LOL, thanks for finding it. Did you like my supa-special sound effects?

-Chris

thebigjimsho
03-09-09, 09:54 PM
Quote:

I have 2 sets of wheels the stock ones powder coated black and the racing dynamics from Luke at Lindsay also in black (I don't like cleaning the brake dust off) with the BFG R1 245/40/18.BFG has 255/40 R1s, ya know...

thebigjimsho
03-09-09, 09:59 PM
Guys,

-Chris
What if you just suck?

trukk
03-10-09, 11:12 AM

I found it. It's at 6:30 from Part one of the second set of vids from Chin VIR 2008:

YVdjFW2_JRQ

Addtionally here is the rest of that session:

DVotrUYRsNE

5dNlgJY-7U8

What if you just suck?

You seem to be the expert @ sucking, why don't you elaborate :thepan:.

-Chris

P.S. I certainly have room for improvement to my driver mod, but I wouldn't say I suck :D

thebigjimsho
03-10-09, 12:50 PM
It was just a simple question. sheesh...

trukk
03-10-09, 01:21 PM
It was just a simple question. sheesh...

p00p

thebigjimsho
03-10-09, 01:25 PM
hmm...

shadybx7
03-10-09, 01:32 PM
Did you like my supa-special sound effects?

-Chris

:rofl:hmm........ like a badass terradactyl

thebigjimsho
03-10-09, 01:37 PM
terradactyl :haha: