: 2004 SRX Navigation DVD

djpeters
03-06-09, 04:42 AM
We bought a 2004 SRX in December, and it did not have the Navigation DVD (someone stole it from the car at the dealer). The dealer has tried to order one from GM and, to date, it is "on backorder". Does anyone know of an aftermarket source?

n7don_srx
03-06-09, 08:15 AM
GM's nav disc source is www.gmnavdisc.com
Input your vehicle's info. That will give you the p/n of the particular nav disc for your vehicle. Also will telll you if, in fact, the disc is on backorder! New one's are $200 for the most current disc. Sometimes they have past yrs at a reduced price.
Try ebay. Often current and past yr's disc are available cheaper.
If the dealer has another vehicle that uses the same disc, maybe he'd let you copy it until a new one was available. I'm assuming the dealer plans to replace the one stolen.

djpeters
03-06-09, 10:06 PM
I have indeed tried the suggested site, thanks to this forum. I was informed that it was truly on backorder.

My problem is that this is very support for something as simple as a Nav DVD. I have been a lifelong GM vehicle purchaser, and this is most disheartening.

The dealer had all of their '04 DVD's stolen, which makes sense since Cadillac cannot deliver.

n7don_srx
03-07-09, 09:02 AM
I have indeed tried the suggested site, thanks to this forum. I was informed that it was truly on backorder.

My problem is that this is very support for something as simple as a Nav DVD. I have been a lifelong GM vehicle purchaser, and this is most disheartening.

The dealer had all of their '04 DVD's stolen, which makes sense since Cadillac cannot deliver.
Since you know the disc p/n have you tried ebay? Those stolen from the dealer probably ended up there or on craig's list.
I've never seen any reference to an aftermarket source.
The 09 free update disc for our 07 is also on backorder. However I've found it on ebay. When I inquired at gmnavdisc why on backorder but available on ebay didn't get a good explanation. gmnavdisc is really being handled by a marketing fullfillment outfit called budco but don't know who actually is doing the map updates. Budco's preformance has been less than stellar! I think our system is Denso. I've wonder if GM's current financial situation is causing some foot dragging with these suppliers/vendors?

Nascarcamper
04-03-09, 04:51 PM
Just sold my 2004 SRX last week, going through and cleaning out all the old paperwork I stumbled on a Brand New Never opened Nav Disc, has part number P15923893U and DW464210-6610 on the back of the sealed package. First $120 and I will ship anywhere in the US by US Postal Priority mail if anybody's interested.

wraunch
04-03-09, 05:00 PM
Just get a bittorrent downloader and search for the files. They're all over the place. I of course don't condone such, but it can be done easily, then u get a dual layer blank dvd and voila, updated nav disc for your 04 SRX.

carguyshu
05-19-09, 07:36 PM
the only torrents i can find are not applicable. they are other gm files, not the ones for the srx/xlr/seville/deville. Anyone know of one out there?

herculean
04-27-10, 02:13 AM
Just sold my 2004 SRX last week, going through and cleaning out all the old paperwork I stumbled on a Brand New Never opened Nav Disc, has part number P15923893U and DW464210-6610 on the back of the sealed package. First $120 and I will ship anywhere in the US by US Postal Priority mail if anybody's interested.

Hi, can anyone clear up the part numbers a bit for me? The GM nav disc site says the P/N for a 2004 SRX is 25767790 but there are a bunch of other part numbers on ebay that claim compatibility with 2004+ SRX. The number listed above is often among them. I don't particularly care if it has the most up to date maps on it, I just want the system to work (would rather not pay appendages) since our used SRX didn't come with a disc. Any help would be much appreciated.

PJ1520
04-28-10, 09:52 AM
I believe somewhere in this forum someone posted that one free Nav disk upgrade travels with the vehicle and should be available to you whether you purchased the car new or pre-owned. I don't believe there was any time or mileage restriction on the replacement upgrade disk. On my pre-owned, the Nav worked and the Nav disk case was sitting in the glove box. So I don't know if this was my upgrade or if the previous owner just left the case in the glove box when he turned the SRX in off of lease.

Hopefully someone will jump in here that has already been down this road with the Nav upgrade.

You may want to do a forum search on this and then go get your freebie!

herculean
04-30-10, 01:57 PM
I saw that post as well and called the nav disc center. That was apparently a promotion that was good for two years from the date of purchase for 2006 and 2007 vehicles, but it has since expired (obviously since it's 2010). At any rate, I'm out of luck for my 2004. My question now is, what should I buy off eBay? Do the discs from later SRX years work on the 2004? GM nav disc says the 2009 upgrade is the most recent for my vehicle, p/n 25979939. These are as expected, very expensive on eBay. I'd like to get a disc from say 2007 for a discount, but don't know which p/n's will work. Anyone have advice? Don't want to buy a disc that doesn't work.