: Non Nav, Non Bose Navigation Install 2005 Deville

NM Rider
03-05-09, 10:42 PM
I am new to the forum, but have followed new posts for a few months now. I have a 2005 Deville, white.

Not to beat a dead horse, but before investing in a project I always measure twice. I have spent a few hours reading most of the posts surrounding navigation installation and would like to add an ipod interface to my deville. I have found several navigation units on Ebay that fit my year range. My thoughts are:

1. Purchase navigation head unit on Ebay.

2. Purchase wiring harness from STS2003.

3. Install unit myself.

4. Have dealer or other tech enter VIN into unit.

5. Be able to interface my IPOD and watch movies on the new navigation head unit, while still having functionality of the steering wheel controls.

It would be nice to have the navigation feature as well, but I am assuming I would need to buy some additional components beyond an antenna to process the data?

I think I may have all of this completely wrong? Someone please set me straight if I do.

Thanks in advance.

03-06-09, 10:43 AM
pretty much have it

NM Rider
03-07-09, 01:16 AM
Please shoot me an email about the harness.

[edit by admin] That's what Private Messages are for. Don't leave your email address on forums like this. It's a bad idea. In any event, you'll have access to Private Messages if you stick around and participate...

04-18-15, 08:38 PM
I know it has been some time but could you pleae share if the 03 sts wire harness worked for your non nav non bose deville? I been told that it has to have bose speakers and amp as well to work. I hope im non stuck with this nav hu.

04-18-15, 08:53 PM
If you have nav, you have Bose. Changing to a non nav HU only requires changing a few pin locations on the connector.

There's a long thread on retrofitting from non nav to nav in a Seville, the process would be the reverse of that.

04-18-15, 09:04 PM
I have the base non nav like mentioned in the original post. I purchased the hu not knowing the requirements. Thats why i said i hope im not stck with it. I just like the look and would be happy with just playing music on it. Thanks for responding and i welcome any suggestions.

04-18-15, 10:49 PM
Is there anyone who can help me i understand that this may be a worn out subject but i have not seen any helpful responses other than its pretty difficult.