: Geeked in Lansing, Mi. !!!!

Dick's06Vee
03-05-09, 10:20 PM
I may be almost 62, but I am still a gear head at heart. Owned 27 new cars over the years, mostly GM, new/old muscle, and 16 new motorcycles, etc., but I digress. Bought my 06 V on 12/13/05. It's been one of the best cars I've ever owned over the past three plus years....no issues. Test drove a V2 last month. An auto. Wanted to compare the power and ride to mine....sweet to say the least! Sold my 06 to a good friend earlier this week. He's also a gear head and is thrilled to be getting the car and it's going to a good home.

I wanted to see what was out there in inventory so I stopped by Capitol Cadillac and talked with my salesman. I know I am in the minority but I wanted nothing to do with the auto. If I can't shift it, I don't want it. That's just me, not pissing and moaning to you guys that have the auto. Each to his own. I wanted a lightly equipped car in either white or black. Bingo! He found one in the Detroit area and made a dealer trade. I pick it up on Saturday! Black with ebony interior, painted wheels and roof. No other options. Close to how I would have ordered it. First black car ever, but as much as I wash and wax my cars, I don't see it being any bigger issue than some of the other colors I've owned. I got GMS on the car and can't wait to get it home over the weekend, wash it and put about 2-3 coats of Zaino on that black paint! Pics to follow after a couple of coats of Zaino ! Dick

Hawkeye2
03-05-09, 10:35 PM
Enjoy and use it in the best of health. I am in Windsor. Hope to see it one day!

OldDrummer55
03-05-09, 11:29 PM
Congrats on a fine purchase! :thumbsup:

Krug Ford
03-05-09, 11:31 PM
Did they trade it from their sister store in plymouth?

SLPR 6.0L
03-06-09, 01:04 AM
Keep on Geekin

thebigjimsho
03-06-09, 01:33 AM
geek it up!

demorgan59
03-06-09, 10:05 AM
I use Zaino on all my cars. Two coats of Z2 (the pink stuff) will do the trick! Can't wait to see the pics.

thebigjimsho
03-06-09, 12:38 PM
do you finish it off with the Z007 or the ZOU812 ??

demorgan59
03-07-09, 06:10 PM
do you finish it off with the Z007 or the ZOU812 ??
Z007.....Z0U812.... whatever it takes.

V-Love
03-07-09, 07:24 PM
I was just about to start a thread that I've seen two new V's. Both automatics and both driven by some 65+ year olds(one was a woman). Then I was gonna badmouth Cadillac how they should have kept the performance car manny only cause now some old lady is gonna be able to shut me down by stompin' it. I guess I still believe that. Then, I saw your thread and I feel better. Drive the heck out of that thing. Auto is geeky!

thebigjimsho
03-07-09, 11:15 PM
especially in these times, an auto version is needed to get those sales jumping. as long as they never make the V auto only, I'm down with it...

Dick's06Vee
03-09-09, 12:02 AM
Wow! Picked the car up yesterday and put about 200 miles on it driving back to Lansing and demo rides for my son and two other friends. Most of the time it was raining with wet roads. Did a couple of brief WOTs from 45 or so in third and short shifted well below redline. What a great car! Pulls like a freight train! Love the sound of the supercharger! Just finished with my third coat of Zaino. Started with a base coat of All in One, followed by two coats of Z2 (the pink stuff) Pics to follow when it stops raining! Dick

thebigjimsho
03-09-09, 07:00 PM
griots.