: Suspension Changed

IndyBrougham
03-05-09, 07:39 PM
Hi all,

I have a question some of you guys may know.

I just got a mint '92 Brougham D'Elegance and it drives and rides like new in every way, except I think it rides more firmly than my '88 did.

Any truth to my perceptions? They both have similar miles, it just seems the older one had a lot more cushioning over the road than this one. It rides real smooth, just not as smooth. Anybody notice this or is it just me?

Thanks!

jayoldschool
03-05-09, 07:48 PM
5.7? That would give firmer springs with the trailering package, right? Post the codes from the SPID sticker in the trunk that start with F from both cars and I can tell you the difference between the cars.

Aron9000
03-07-09, 12:49 AM
I have a 1991 with the 350 TBI, and it is pretty stiff by land barge standards.

jey
03-07-09, 07:13 PM
What tires are on it? That can make a huge difference too.

IndyBrougham
03-22-09, 12:48 PM
Hi all,

OK, the code on the trunk sticker indicates its an FE1, so it's not the heavy duty suspension - and it's the 5.0 engine. I think it may be the tires have a very stiff sidewall. I have been fooling with the tire pressures and even when they are underinflated, say down to 26 psi, the ride stays virtually the same.

I may ditch them for a smoother riding brand, maybe Michelin. And am I correct that by '92, the white sidewalls were less than the 1.3"?