: Cd error

BIGHOMIE
03-05-09, 05:34 PM
Hey yall,

I tried to put a original CD in my 99 SLS i received a "cd error" message, so i tried 10 different original cd - not copies or burn but still kept getting the same message. My stereo does not have a BOSE logo nor a cd changer in the glove dept.

Is there a easy fix for this? Should I replace it with another non-bose unit?

BIGHOMIE
03-06-09, 12:40 AM
Okay :bigroll:,

Maybe this has been discussed before and I did search prior from posting...

If I buy a used oem cd/tape deck unit from ebay or from the local pick and pull, will the unit directly worked once its swapped or do I have to get it reprogrammed at a dealer in order to work?? My radio is the non-bose unit since it does not have the logo nor the yellow script buttons.

Any input will highly help - if none given well we see what will happens once I buy one.

CadillacSTS42005
03-06-09, 10:45 AM
if it needed programed it would say THEFTLOCK ACTIVE
since its actually unlocked and giving a CD error you need to either
1. Clean the lens with a lens cleaner cd
2. Return it cuz the unit is shot

BIGHOMIE
03-06-09, 01:23 PM
Thanks J

I will buy a lense cleaning kit at RadioShack and see if it works before i pull it out and replace it with a used unit through ebay or at the salvage parts.

Did you receive my PM?

CadillacSTS42005
03-06-09, 01:37 PM
2 ohm kappas work perfect
stock amp COULD push an aftermarket sub in place of the stock one
but it likely wont be any louder than your current one...

BIGHOMIE
03-06-09, 02:43 PM
I was thinking more down the line in an amplified powered sub such as Infinity Basslink sub. I searched some thread and that is the way to go.

Thanks for your support - you are always there for a brother :drunkpair:

CadillacSTS42005
03-06-09, 05:49 PM
you COULD go basslink it would work quite well but to actually hear it though all the sound deadening youd probably have to have your pass through between the seats opened up at all times