: 2010 V2 Info........

Razorecko
03-05-09, 01:11 PM
Sorry guys no info from me :nono: But if any of the dealers or anyone that works with GM please post all new info here that would be great. I have a V that should be in stock with my name on it by next month.
The issue is that I'd hate to pick it up and than find out that the 2010 model is starting to take deposits and will have HUD, backup camera, etc. Not too mention i'm sure alot of people are curious as to if the V2 will even have any yearly upgrades since the performance divisions have been disbanded....all info is welcome, thanks !

Cadillac Tony
03-05-09, 01:19 PM
The temporary reassignment of the HPVO engineers won't affect updates to the CTS-V line, since all they were responsible for was suspension tuning at the 'ring and designing the hood/front fascia and testing it in a wind tunnel. Product enhancements like HUD, backup camera and other things like that are handled by the CTS brand team, not HPVO.

We have not done our product training on the 2010 CTS yet- only the wagon and new SRX. Back before the 2009 came out, I posted the performance numbers, details on options and photos of the paddle shifters here on the Forums before even Motor Trend or C&D had them. If there's anything new to report on the 2010 (which I doubt), rest assured that I'll share it here like I always do.

Razorecko
03-05-09, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the info Tony - What month do you usually get the info for next years model ?

Cadillac Tony
03-05-09, 01:39 PM
Probably this month or next.

Looking at the RPO codes for the CTS Sport Wagon I see that they've added a backup camera as an option, so they've got the technology and compatibility with the radio. Whether or not it makes it onto the Sedan models depends on market demand, focus groups and price. No HUD listed in the Wagon specs, so I doubt it'll be on the sedans either.

CIWS
03-05-09, 01:45 PM
Also hear the coupe was to have the backup camera because of the butt's angle.

Nutz
03-05-09, 02:17 PM
I have heard NOTHING about production of the V2 since the return from shutdown. I haven't heard of one delivery yet to the 3 area dealers since the return. Are any even being built or delivered? Recaro's still on hold? Can somebody chime in here with proof of either?

Dick's06Vee
03-05-09, 02:38 PM
For what it's worth.....talked to my salesman here this morning at the dealership in Lansing, MI. He apparently has a contact at the Grand River plant (V assembly plant). He said that there have been only a few V's produced since the plant reopened on 2/9. Also, he advised me that there is currently a "restriction" on ordering the V with manual trans. He wasn't exactly sure what this meant. He mentioned two possibilities. Supplier issues or very low order requests for the manual. Whatever the case was for this, he said the bottom line would be a delay in assembly and or production dates. Dick

homesite
03-05-09, 02:45 PM
There won't be any changes. GM is trying to keep its doors open and won't spend the money

GM-4-LIFE
03-05-09, 03:09 PM
There won't be any changes. GM is trying to keep its doors open and won't spend the money

I agree with the above statement, so if anyone is waiting for updates or changes to be announced, don't hold your breath!

SG

homesite
03-05-09, 04:56 PM
Now is the time to buy this car if you want one. GM can always say tomarrow that they are not building anymore.

RapidRob
03-05-09, 07:27 PM
Now is the time to buy this car if you want one. GM can always say tomarrow that they are not building anymore.

Agreed! And according to my dealer and Scott of Superior Cadillac, my car was built as of last week, and it has a manual.:thumbsup::bouncy:

Rob

Cadillac Tony
03-05-09, 07:37 PM
That would be Scott of Superior- I'm on the other side of the country. :)

RapidRob
03-05-09, 07:48 PM
That would be Scott of Superior- I'm on the other side of the country. :)

Sorry about that - I changed it.:bonkers: Guess I'm gettin too excited ... :bouncy:

Rob

vperl
03-06-09, 03:26 AM
RapidRob, sit down do deep breathing exercises, relax, and a whole bunch more..........

you will feel better in a couple more weeks, maybe, one never knows

:angst::angst: :caddy:

cjwolverine
03-06-09, 08:26 AM
I ordered from Don Massey in Plymouth Mi, and mine was built last week it was 3400 status and I got my vin number yesterday. Not sure when I will actually get to take delivery, but from what I understand if I have a vin number it means it is off the line. I ordered on Christmas Eve.

Not sure if any of that info helps anyone, but it is my story.

Chris

Razorecko
03-06-09, 11:34 AM
I ordered from Don Massey in Plymouth Mi, and mine was built last week it was 3400 status and I got my vin number yesterday. Not sure when I will actually get to take delivery, but from what I understand if I have a vin number it means it is off the line. I ordered on Christmas Eve.

Not sure if any of that info helps anyone, but it is my story.

Chris

What options / trans did you order ?

cjwolverine
03-06-09, 11:22 PM
everything but engine block heater.

recaros, auto, nav, roof, wheels, thunder grey, microfiber wheel and ahift knob.

Just found out today. It is in transit and I should be picking it up Monday.

So end to end I ordered dec 24th. Plant shut down all of January and I get it March 10th. So maybe 7 or 8 real working weeks.

chris

Razorecko
03-29-09, 12:43 PM
any updates on a 2010 besides the saepele wood trim

thebigjimsho
03-29-09, 03:53 PM
I'd like to hear the options available on my future V as well...