: Wait time

rocketeer
03-05-09, 01:29 AM
I spoke with a dealer here in MD today and he told me that Recaro's are 4 weeks wait time, 6 speed manual is 5 week and then he mentioned the whole platform is 6 week hold or delay. ANyone know what he's talking about or what this means. I'm going to look at the black on titanium on Sat though i really want the red like my 05 i'm just worried about the ordering delays.

vperl
03-05-09, 02:55 AM
out of curiosity, how many 2009 V's have been produced as of this date

Razorecko
03-05-09, 01:21 PM
I spoke with a dealer here in MD today and he told me that Recaro's are 4 weeks wait time, 6 speed manual is 5 week and then he mentioned the whole platform is 6 week hold or delay. ANyone know what he's talking about or what this means. I'm going to look at the black on titanium on Sat though i really want the red like my 05 i'm just worried about the ordering delays.

Do you know if you got both manual & recaro's would you be stuck waiting like 11 weeks or just the 6 week max.....actually probally 11 weeks. Thats how long i've been waiting

Cadillac Tony
03-05-09, 01:26 PM
There are a lot of Supplier issues with the CTS-V right now, and as such GM can't get all the parts they need to build the cars at a level equal to the demand.

The decision to make fewer manuals was a choice on GM's part, as they need to produce more automatics to fill backlogged dealer orders. The Recaro seats however, is just a matter of Recaro only being able to provide GM with so many seats per month.

OldDrummer55
03-05-09, 02:10 PM
There are a lot of Supplier issues with the CTS-V right now, and as such GM can't get all the parts they need to build the cars at a level equal to the demand.

The decision to make fewer manuals was a choice on GM's part, as they need to produce more automatics to fill backlogged dealer orders. The Recaro seats however, is just a matter of Recaro only being able to provide GM with so many seats per month.

Hmmm... guess we're lucky Recaro hasn't implemented a price increase with the demand as high as it is.

Razorecko
03-05-09, 02:24 PM
If you think about it there are many different important suppliers that might be having their own economical issues...off the top of my head you have...

Eaton
Recaro
even possibly Tremec for the revised manual transmission. Its only used in the ZR1and the Cts-v so its probally built on demand.

Krug Ford
03-05-09, 02:58 PM
Do you know if you got both manual & recaro's would you be stuck waiting like 11 weeks or just the 6 week max.....actually probally 11 weeks. Thats how long i've been waiting

when did you order your car? I know we talked.. I could have had you one in 6 weeks..

vperl
03-05-09, 03:17 PM
Scott, be careful, you keep letting the word out about your service,
these guys that go someplace else will be waiting till the cows come home (not sure what that means, remember my Grandfather used to say that).

My V ordered from you is exactly on schedule as you told it would be

Richie18
03-05-09, 03:59 PM
If you think about it there are many different important suppliers that might be having their own economical issues...off the top of my head you have...

Eaton
Recaro
even possibly Tremec for the revised manual transmission. Its only used in the ZR1and the Cts-v so its probally built on demand.

The TR-6060 was used in the Ford Mustang GT500 and Dodge Viper before either the ZR-1 or CTS-V. Its also being used in the Dodge Challenger and Pontiac G8 GXP among other vehicles.

It is just an evolutionary step to the popular T-56 tranny, it shouldn't be having any supply issues unless Tremec is suffering from the economic situation.

ExtraV
03-05-09, 04:13 PM
I don't see how Recaro can be backed up. Initially, maybe yes, but the GM plant was shut down for several weeks allowing Recaro plenty of time to catch up. And its not like they couldn't hire more labor to work extra shifts. Plenty of people looking for jobs out there.

Razorecko
03-05-09, 08:08 PM
when did you order your car? I know we talked.. I could have had you one in 6 weeks..

I ordered one is nov '08. Right before the factory stop and the recaro shortage. I wanted to see what kind of deals you were giving. Now with everything going on I'm holding onto the original order because who knows whats going to go on with GM. If the gov't lends them a ton of cheese they may have mpg stipulations or numerous other things that might affect the production of the V. I dont worry about the warranty I worry more about general availability. Especially since like someone mentioned very few have come out of the factory over the last month.

Richie18
03-05-09, 08:36 PM
I ordered one is nov '08. Right before the factory stop and the recaro shortage. I wanted to see what kind of deals you were giving. Now with everything going on I'm holding onto the original order because who knows whats going to go on with GM. If the gov't lends them a ton of cheese they may have mpg stipulations or numerous other things that might affect the production of the V. I dont worry about the warranty I worry more about general availability. Especially since like someone mentioned very few have come out of the factory over the last month.

Cars already in production are not going to be effected if GM is still in business because of Gov't help. Cars takes years to develop and the Gov't isn't going to expect GM to increase the MPGs across the lineup within at least a couple years time, right now there just hoping they stay in business, regardless of how many gas guzzlers there selling.

Razorecko
03-05-09, 08:45 PM
I'd have to say I would be shocked if the gov't let them go and file bankruptcy although it should. It seems like the friggin stock market would crash. It really peeves me off to see how short sighted the entire market place is. Its all about the quick fix and the quick cash.

OldDrummer55
03-05-09, 09:33 PM
I'd have to say I would be shocked if the gov't let them go and file bankruptcy although it should. It seems like the friggin stock market would crash. It really peeves me off to see how short sighted the entire market place is. Its all about the quick fix and the quick cash.

It's all about Chaaaaaaaange... :bigroll:

Razorecko
03-05-09, 09:46 PM
Well from what I have read is that all the suppliers are scared that they wont get their money from GM for their goods like recaro seats if they go bankrupt. So they want money upfront. This is causing it to draggg along

james4513
03-05-09, 10:06 PM

Call Scott at Superior. Got mine there. They did a great job and did everything promised - and the price was right.

4K miles so far and everything is just fine!

Good luck - James

vperl
03-05-09, 10:48 PM
My V just was entered into the 3400. what I understand even with no options other than Nav., the V may not move to another code for a couple of weeks. OLDEDrummer with get older waiting . Here is hoping that oldedrummer has a case lot of depends waiting

Olde, just giving you grief, mine first.

:bacon::kissrock:

OldDrummer55
03-05-09, 11:23 PM
My V just was entered into the 3400. what I understand even with no options other than Nav., the V may not move to another code for a couple of weeks. OLDEDrummer with get older waiting . Here is hoping that oldedrummer has a case lot of depends waiting

Olde, just giving you grief, mine first.

:bacon::kissrock:

Cruel, cruel Marine you are!!!! :)

Krug Ford
03-05-09, 11:35 PM
some dealers can place and order and it will never get pulled I have seen that a lot lately.

vperl
03-05-09, 11:44 PM
:horse::fwll:
Cruel, cruel Marine you are!!!! :)
I will not mention your castle, and 30,000 acre summer place.

:fwll::fwll::Playdrv4me::Playdrv4me:

rocketeer
03-06-09, 12:28 AM
Crap, I really don't know what to do now. It sure doesn't sound promising according to the news tonight, it's looking like Chapter 11 is a sure thing. I'm afraid to wait and order and may have to settle for second choice black.
BTW i checked in my buddy's area near Boston and found about 10 or 11 in stock at 4-5 dealerships there. No red,not sure about pricing but it might be closer than MI.

OldDrummer55
03-06-09, 12:32 AM
Crap, I really don't know what to do now. It sure doesn't sound promising according to the news tonight, it's looking like Chapter 11 is a sure thing. I'm afraid to wait and order and may have to settle for second choice black.
BTW i checked in my buddy's area near Boston and found about 10 or 11 in stock at 4-5 dealerships there. No red,not sure about pricing but it might be closer than MI.

Can't Scott or Tony help you out?

vperl
03-06-09, 12:43 AM

Get hold of Scott if your out that way, or Tony of your out Florida way...

You will get your car..... at a good price ....
all my dealships hoard the two they have and no one wants them
at the totally mind blowing price.....

I plan to go to my local dealers and just leave the V in plain view..
they can start the discussion...... ande the 2356 mile trip home is gunna be rock and Roll fantasy