: Is it weird that im jealous of a supra?

liqidvenom
03-04-09, 10:51 PM
So yesterday while sitting in traffic i spotted a supra with what looked like 11" or rear tire. the guy driving looked like a tool, but i was envious of that much rear tire.

We shouldnt be getting out tired by a 6 banger.

ive been reading and searching even before i bought my v on how much tire is normally run out back. Ive read of people running 265's some with 275's and even fewer with something like 295's.

What tire sizes and rim combos are some of you guys running on? Also those with 295's how bad is your rubbing? are you having to rolled your fenders like the 04's have stock or even more so?

Signed,
massive rear tire whore

ctsv154
03-04-09, 11:08 PM
Dude......... dont be gay.

J/K

Seriously, if you want to fab or have some stuff fabed it can be done on a v as well. Maybe not an 11"er but at least a 10. I have never looked nor had the urge to look into supras, not my cup of tea, but I'm sure they have to move some stuff around to bolt on big rubbers too. Maybe not? If so I too am jealous.

whisler151
03-04-09, 11:10 PM
I know its not much, but I'm running 245/40 and 275/35. No issues thus far. I would imagine that if you have 9.5" or wider 295 will fit very well. If you want a really wide tire get a Vette. They can run 315 with no problem.

ccextra1976
03-04-09, 11:13 PM
I have 265/40's all the way around, and there are lots running 275's in the rear (it is passed recommended rim width) but to run anything bigger you need a wider rim combo. To run the right rim width for 295(+) you would need to modify the trailing arms.

liqidvenom
03-04-09, 11:56 PM
Dude......... dont be gay.

J/K

Seriously, if you want to fab or have some stuff fabed it can be done on a v as well. Maybe not an 11"er but at least a 10. I have never looked nor had the urge to look into supras, not my cup of tea, but I'm sure they have to move some stuff around to bolt on big rubbers too. Maybe not? If so I too am jealous.

i think they just bolt on 13" rims and putter along. hence my jealousy towards them. i try not to stare but the girth is just so sexy ( no homo).

i would like to run a 10" rear on this car someday though. very few rim options and even less that manage to have any sort of rear wheel dish.

liqidvenom
03-05-09, 12:01 AM
I have 265/40's all the way around, and there are lots running 275's in the rear (it is passed recommended rim width) but to run anything bigger you need a wider rim combo. To run the right rim width for 295(+) you would need to modify the trailing arms.

yeah ive been following that thread

ccextra1976
03-05-09, 12:05 AM
yeah ive been following that thread

why do you want such wide rear tire? for the looks?

NormV
03-05-09, 05:35 AM
Huh, probably add 4-5 lbs to the outside of the circumference. Not good!

Norm

smokisnshellz
03-05-09, 08:08 AM
they are just tires he can never add 2 cylinders. plus that car looks like an electric shaver anyway.

Cleaner13
03-05-09, 08:32 AM
They might not be able to add 2 cylinders, but we sure as shit arent even on the same wave length when comparing motors... The 2JZ is far superior and the fact that the whole car can take 800rwhp+ on the stock motor, stock trans and most importantly stock rear end... makes it a pretty desirable car to be jealous of....And not to mention it will do all that with over 150K miles on it and if a bad scenario happens, the last time I checked an assembled short block from Toyota was between $1500-$1800Im all for american trust me on that, but Im a fan of inline 6 motors and the supra deserves the credit its due....

AAIIIC
03-05-09, 09:15 AM
We shouldnt be getting out tired by a 6 banger.
Apparently you haven't looked around at other cars much, because the Supra is hardly the only car that can "out tire" the CTS-V. There are guys running 275s at all 4 corners on STIs (oh noes, it's teh 4 bangur!!! :rolleyes:), G35s/G37s and 350Zs can easily run wider wheels and tires than we have (oh noes, uhnuther 6 bangur!!! :eek:), RX-7s, RX-8s (oh noes, dey don't even have teh pistons to bang!!!! :bighead:), and on and on. The fact is there are a LOT of cars that are eaiser to put wider rubber under.

liqidvenom
03-05-09, 09:21 AM
Apparently you haven't looked around at other cars much, because the Supra is hardly the only car that can "out tire" the CTS-V. There are guys running 275s at all 4 corners on STIs (oh noes, it's teh 4 bangur!!! :rolleyes:), G35s/G37s and 350Zs can easily run wider wheels and tires than we have (oh noes, uhnuther 6 bangur!!! :eek:), RX-7s, RX-8s (oh noes, dey don't even have teh pistons to bang!!!! :bighead:), and on and on. The fact is there are a LOT of cars that are eaiser to put wider rubber under.

you need to lay off the coffee so damn early in the morning. You would have to be dense to think that the supra isnt a great car with an amazing motor. I was just kidding about the 6 banger comment. That supra would have walked me up and down the parkway if i dared to mess with him.

It was just so happened that I saw a supra and noticed how much rubber he had back there. heck i know fwd cars that put more rubber down then we do stock. I had just as wide rubber on my other car and its a fwd 6cy

I've noticed that this forum has a crop of ***** hurt people running around ready to fly off the handle.

liqidvenom
03-05-09, 09:26 AM

I dont think that a 275-295 is such a wide tire. A 355 is a wide frigging tire. Yes it does look good, but that isnt the only reason.

945liter
03-05-09, 09:37 AM
They might not be able to add 2 cylinders, but we sure as shit arent even on the same wave length when comparing motors... The 2JZ is far superior and the fact that the whole car can take 800rwhp+ on the stock motor, stock trans and most importantly stock rear end... makes it a pretty desirable car to be jealous of....And not to mention it will do all that with over 150K miles on it and if a bad scenario happens, the last time I checked an assembled short block from Toyota was between $1500-$1800Im all for american trust me on that, but Im a fan of inline 6 motors and the supra deserves the credit its due....

ROFL at the blind retards CTS V > ALL:histeric:

Theres much to be envied about the supra other then a fat tire, #1 anyone who thinks that car is ugly is handicap, considering how good it still looks and they came out in 93 the motor is a power house and the GETRAG DIFF AND TRANNY DONT explode in that car.

Also be jealous that a stock 94 supra TT with 100k miles is worth more then our cars.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/GuillyP/_H0J0617.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/RedM_Supra/_MG_3216.jpg
http://www.cyclespecialtiesperformance.com/images/Finished%20Supra/DSC00205resize.jpg

Your right ugly as sin.

CadzillaTN
03-05-09, 09:44 AM
no. You are not wrong. Supras are the shizzzzznit...

chadeberly
03-05-09, 10:56 AM
I had my car loaded down with 3 X 250 pounders (My ladas...jk) and had 0 rubbin w/295/35/18 on 9.5" wheel.

liqidvenom
03-05-09, 10:59 AM
I'm not looking to make a supra vs V thread.... but god that red MKIV looks nice. Im stunned that more cts-v guys wouldnt want to have a staggered setup like that. So much dish on that rim you could serve a family of 4.

tweeter81
03-05-09, 10:59 AM
See my sig for current tire and wheel sizes. In about a month I am going to be running a 395/30zr19 in back - going upsize in width and downsize in sidewall height.

CadiBlk
03-05-09, 11:00 AM
Guy in my office has a supra, he said he had to get a different car because he felt like a kid coming to the office in it.

I'm fine with my V.

liqidvenom
03-05-09, 11:01 AM
I had my car loaded down with 3 X 250 pounders (My ladas...jk) and had 0 rubbin w/295/35/18 on 9.5" wheel.

Do you happen to have a pic of how it looks. What do you run up front?

liqidvenom
03-05-09, 11:03 AM
See my sig for current tire and wheel sizes. In about a month I am going to be running a 395/30zr19 in back - going upsize in width and downsize in sidewall height.

do you mean a 295?

Guy in my office has a supra, he said he had to get a different car because he felt like a kid coming to the office in it.

I'm fine with my V.

im not sure how having a certain car makes you feel like a kid... when kids arent able to afford many cars. either way i am thrilled with my V, doesnt mean that I wouldnt like to see other things added to it/ changed

for the last time, this isnt a supra vs. V thread. no one needs to bash either. I'm just looking for some rear rubber ideas.

atdeneve
03-05-09, 11:15 AM
No, he meant 395s. He has a side job running a steamroller operation.

liqidvenom
03-05-09, 11:18 AM
im looking to have two sets of fatter rubber..... not one giant set of rubber wrapped around my diff.

I didnt even think that they made a 395 tire

945liter
03-05-09, 11:19 AM
I recall this supra i ran into running a large tire too its to bad its a 6cyl:banghead::cookoo:

4h3w3frZ_Ho

liqidvenom
03-05-09, 11:31 AM
im guessing that blur in the start of the vid was a supra?

814V
03-05-09, 12:04 PM
thats funny this was brought up.. i got SPANKED by a supra the other night lol. i pulled over and after he popped the hood on his 20k motor i knew why

945liter
03-05-09, 01:25 PM
Yep that blur was the supra it went 6s spinning @ 120+ in the 1/8th

I beat a BPU i/e 15psi supra the other night tho :)

tweeter81
03-05-09, 01:29 PM
No, he meant 395s. He has a side job running a steamroller operation.

Oops..............Yep, meant 295!!! :thepan:

liqidvenom
03-05-09, 01:36 PM
yeah the supra i saw looked so stock, aside from the steam rollers out back. It was like a rolling trap.

I think even stock they run mid 13's no?

V-Love
03-05-09, 02:55 PM

I'm fine with my V.

Agreed. Cadillac carries more class. That looks like a girls car to me.

stuckey
03-05-09, 04:58 PM

can u post some pics side and rear of your current set up

MauiV
03-05-09, 05:33 PM
Dyno Queens

ccextra1976
03-05-09, 05:35 PM
I'm not jealous...(photoshop):histeric:

smokisnshellz
03-05-09, 05:43 PM
Not an ugl;y car but come on its a clown car, with its huge spoiler and aggresive end. I mean its cool but not for every day, im not 18 that car looks like a nsx or some other ricer. Better performance than other asian imports and some dom's for that matter but the Cadillac is an american icon and from the looks of it our cars should go up in value in round 10 years like the supra since they probably will discontinue the V. Its cool but its a bit much for me.:v:

UnsafeAtAnySpd
03-05-09, 06:28 PM
The guy I bought my first V from had a TT Supra in the garage as well.

Luna.
03-05-09, 06:31 PM
I did some rear end work to maintain the same position as the stock rim width and widened my rims on my '05 V to 10", the recommended minimum to handle 295 tires. I only run 275/245, as I like the runflats for sidewall firmness, but the max you can probably run is about 305. Any bigger and the shock starts to get in the way.

Unless, of course, you push the entire hub of the rim out & run flares on the car...that would work

smoothmarine187
03-05-09, 08:04 PM
The Supra is one of my favorite cars on the road, but after the Fast and Furious came out, the prices skyrocketed. There is no way I would pay that much for one.

tweeter81
03-05-09, 08:25 PM
can u post some pics side and rear of your current set up

Here are a couple pix, I have to resize some other recent pix and I will post them in awhile.

CadzillaTN
03-05-09, 08:26 PM
Driving a 95 TT Supra is like your own private plane that never takes off. The roll on power is pretty scary, especially after 80. The brakes are unbelieveable, and it corners like it is truly on rails...This car really will give you wood. (At least it did in 1995 when I was in college.)

This is not a V comparison..apples and oranges.

Resale is insane. 50K or more if in good cond, and the true gems are put away. The car was under 40K new. Lets all just take a moment to reminisce........................

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/1/123306596_0f811bfce6_o.jpg

ctsv154
03-05-09, 08:52 PM
I now this isn't supposed top be a V compare off to the supra but it has kind of turned into that so here is my take. Its a cool car but my taste has matured a little. I like the classy caddy thing we have going on. No big fart can exhaust, no park benches hanging off the trunk. Plus people expect a wide rubbered supra to be fast. They rarely suspect a four dour caddy to blow their doors off or hang with crotchrockets on the interstate. And to be quite honest, even though people can turn them in monsters, I hate the way they look. I like the FD RX7's but I have never been a Toyota fan.

tweeter81
03-05-09, 09:34 PM
Here are a bunch of recent pix:

http://photobucket.com/2004_Cadillac_CTS-V

A couple of the pix show how much the tires stick out from the fender, which is not much in my opinion.