: 98 Deville Door Speakers Removal

FirstString
03-04-09, 07:16 PM
Iv been trying to figure out how to remove my panels on my doors to change the speakers out... any tips?

FirstString
03-11-09, 12:46 AM
50 Views and not 1 person can help me out?

N*Caddy
03-11-09, 11:35 PM
Is late now, but if somebody does not chime in by tomorrow, I will tell you. Try searching for door panels clips issue. Is about something else but you will se some pictures. I also explained to somebody (it was regarding the window switch), SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH! :contract:

FirstString
03-12-09, 05:19 PM
I searched for a couple hours and found nothing before i posted this...

iowasevillests
03-12-09, 09:26 PM
Assuming the Deville and Seville are similar, but you will likely have some plastic retainer clips holding the edges of the door panel to the door. They sell a little removal tool at most hardware stores that allows you to gently pry those clips out without breaking the clips. There are probably 8 or so of those clips fairly even spaced around the perimeter of the panel. On my Seville there is also a #3 Phillips Head Screw behind the flap of upholstery under the door handle, it folds down so you can get to the screw behind it. After you get any screws and all retaining clips loosened you should be able to lift the door panel up, watching out for the manual lock on the window sill.

Once the door panel is free you'll need to unhook the PW/PL wiring harness so you can completely remove the panel from the door, and voila you should have unhindered access to whatever you need to in the door assy. Repeat process to reinstall, taking care that you get it seated correctly in the window trough, otherwise it won't sit right and none of the clips will line up.

N*Caddy
03-13-09, 10:31 PM
Looks like iowasevillests cover it. Read 3-4 times this part:

you should be able to lift the door panel up
This is the key, donít pull away pull UP! Pull away break the hooks; pull up release the door panel.

bitney
06-06-10, 05:41 PM
Thanks, this helped me a lot.