: Problems with 04 EXT Heat and stock keyless remote!!!

EXT04
03-04-09, 07:48 PM
On Saturday I was driving my truck when my wife smelled something burning. The heat then stopped blowing. When it got warmer I decided to check what's wrong with it. i found 2 fuses blown from the fuse box under the hood. 1. 40 amp fuse "stud" 2. 40 amp "blower" fuse. I replaced both fuses Now the blower works but when I turn off the truck the blower will continue to blow air. Also, when I change the setting for inc or dec air flow, it doesn't change how fast the air blows out. It still blows at a steady pace. Can you help me figure out why this is?

When I bought the truck the remote worked fine. Now it doesn't work. The batteries in the remotes are fine and so are the fuses. Do you think it's the relay?
Funny part is that I have had this truck for less than 6 months and problems are already starting to creep up!

EXT04
03-06-09, 05:12 PM
TTT Please help

Rolex
03-06-09, 06:42 PM
Funny part is that I have had this truck for less than 6 months and problems are already starting to creep up!

That's one of the pearls of buying a used vehicle IMHO. Best of luck getting it fixed up. :)

Ken 05 EXT
03-12-09, 09:10 PM
I bought a key and a remote on ebay for $29.99 from MR REMOTES INC. for my 05 EXT. They included the program instructions and a hardware store cut the key. They bouth work fine. Sorry i don't know about the heater.
Good luck.

EXT04
03-12-09, 11:26 PM
Thanks. It was a bad blower resistor. I replaced it. Now it works great!! Whew!!!!

Silver04
03-13-09, 12:24 PM
Man what a relief...good to hear problem solved.