: PCM location 2006

stixx
03-04-09, 05:28 PM
Im sure this is an easy question, but I dont have the car with me to look. Where is the PCM located to do a swap?

502imp
03-04-09, 05:57 PM
On the underside of the front driverside of the car. Pop off the ~12 plastic rivets that hold the lower bellypan on, and remove the plastic bellypan.
It is generally in front of the driverside wheel and to the driverside of the radiator. Mounted vertically to the outside of the main front to rear crossmember. It is snapped into a composite/plastic mounting bracket that is held to the crossmember by two bolts toward the front of the vehicle. The 2 bolts are virtually impossible to see unless the car is way up, but you can feel them. I used a shorty ratchet wrench to remove them. If I recall correctly it was a 13mm? Undo the bolts, and it will drop down, then you can get the pcm wiring harness clips off to swap the ecu.

lawrence1
03-04-09, 10:09 PM
^^^ he described it well. if you;re still not sure where it is it's right behind the front bumper cover on the driver's side frame rail.

Now i must say, GM probably did this in a moment of brilliance as that's the most retarded place they could of possibly picked to have the computer mounted.

acowherd
03-04-09, 10:27 PM
Now i must say, GM probably did this in a moment of brilliance as that's the most retarded place they could of possibly picked to have the computer mounted.

:yeah::histeric:
The things that GM come up with amazes and confuses me at the same time...

ichpen
03-04-09, 10:29 PM
On the underside of the front driverside of the car. Pop off the ~12 plastic rivets that hold the lower bellypan on, and remove the plastic bellypan.
It is generally in front of the driverside wheel and to the driverside of the radiator. Mounted vertically to the outside of the main front to rear crossmember. It is snapped into a composite/plastic mounting bracket that is held to the crossmember by two bolts toward the front of the vehicle. The 2 bolts are virtually impossible to see unless the car is way up, but you can feel them. I used a shorty ratchet wrench to remove them. If I recall correctly it was a 13mm? Undo the bolts, and it will drop down, then you can get the pcm wiring harness clips off to swap the ecu.

Couple of corrections.

You don't need to remove the entire bellypan. You only need remove 5 or 6 pushpins so you can get your hand up there.

Also, no need for a wrench. The PCM is held by one plastic clip up at the top. You will need to feel your way up to it. Simply push hard on it (not too hard so as to break it) and the PCM will drop out. You'll figure out the rest.

Bueller
03-05-09, 08:38 AM
There is one 10mm bolt before you can push the tab to release the bottom cover that holds in the pcm. Then 7mm to remove the harness.

ichpen
03-05-09, 09:22 AM
OK, either I'm smoking something or I got lucky. I've swapped out PCMs at least 3 times on my car (06) + another time on another 07. On all occasions there is no bolt to remove, the harness is clipped on using a self-locking mechanism. The PCM itself is seated in a plastic tray, mounted vertically with one big clip/tab at the very top holding it.

No bolts.

This is different from 04/05s.

stixx
03-05-09, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the help - not as easy as I had assumed.

ichpen
03-05-09, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the help - not as easy as I had assumed.

It's a 15 min job. No tools required other than a pushpin remover which will save your fingers.

jessmoreno25
10-04-11, 11:05 PM
i called the dealer to ask for the price and they are telling me it doesnt have a pcm only a ecm... is this true? i couldnt find it either.

JDB
10-05-11, 01:13 PM
Remove the left few plastic pins holding the belly pan on, remove bolt holding cover for box holding the ECU/PCM/ECM whatever you want to call it, pull it down, remove the 2 bolts holding the harnesses on.

Pics:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/175522-interested-tune-wait4me-feedback-please-3.html

Houdini
10-05-11, 04:01 PM
OLD thread but there was NO bolts to remove on my 07 PCM. Maybe it is different for older models but ichpen is completely correct. Took me 10 minutes without even jacking up vehicle. I've done it plenty of times. Just turn the tire, pop out a few nylon rivets, pull the wheel well splash guard out a little to get your arm in there, push the tab on the pcm bracket and bam...it pops right out. NO BOLTS on 06-07.