: Holden Commodore knob+boot install pic

shredder
03-04-09, 05:24 PM
I got it for 88 bucks on ebay from a guy down under. I know the pic sucks but the camra died before I could get more.

streetside1
03-04-09, 08:29 PM
I dig it!
Is it a direct fitment?
Boot looks great also!

KaMaSuTrA
03-04-09, 08:38 PM
Looks pretty good!

OldRoadDawg
03-04-09, 08:58 PM
For your reading pleasure. There's probably a few more threads on the subject of Monaro/GTO shift knobs, if you do a search.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/55302-shift-knob-gm-should-have-used.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/59350-gto-shift-knob-boot.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/78978-gto-monaro-shift-knob-install.html
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/96428-shifter-knobs.html
http://www.nvu.com.au/products_single.php?action=showproduct&cat=2&id=199&page=3&section=1

Been there and done that. I think my old one is in a box buried in my garage somewhere.

CTSV_510
03-04-09, 09:50 PM
I've got to get one of these.

shadybx7
03-05-09, 12:47 AM
Been there and done that. I think my old one is in a box buried in my garage somewhere.

since you have been there done that, are you thinking about selling your GTO shifter??? how much you want for it shipped to 07070???

shredder
03-05-09, 01:43 AM
I dig it!
Is it a direct fitment?
Boot looks great also!

No not a direct fit. Had to cut the Commodore boot at the bottom cause its rolled. Then had to tuck it into the V's plastic trim piece (PITA). Then I had to lessen the diameter of the V's shifter just a little to get the Commodore knob to go all the way down. The shifter feels a lot better. The Commodore knob has a lot more weight to it and the boot is much better quality.

CTSV_510
03-05-09, 09:26 AM
since you have been there done that, are you thinking about selling your GTO shifter??? how much you want for it shipped to 07070???

I am ordering one now. $50 + $20 shipping to the states from Australia.

:alright:

JD03Cobra
03-05-09, 09:54 AM
I am ordering one now. $50 + $20 shipping to the states from Australia.

:alright:

You got a link? That shifter looks great.

CTSV_510
03-05-09, 10:00 AM
You got a link? That shifter looks great.

The company doesn't have an online store so it has to be ordered via email/paypal.

http://www.nvu.com.au/products_single.php?action=showproduct&cat=2&id=199&page=3&section=1

My contact is Chris Milis: cmilis@motorfield.com.au

CTSV_510
03-13-09, 08:04 PM
My shift knob showed up today from down under - one week from the day I ordered it. It looks and feels great and is definitely much heavier that the stock knob. I'll post pics and info on the necessary modifications tomorrow.

CadzillaTN
03-13-09, 08:15 PM
:food-snacking:

c4ss
03-13-09, 09:32 PM
My shift knob showed up today from down under - one week from the day I ordered it. It looks and feels great and is definitely much heavier that the stock knob. I'll post pics and info on the necessary modifications tomorrow.

Looking forward to reading that :thumbsup:. This is a mod I've been wanting to do for awhile. Good Luck.

BacDoc
03-13-09, 09:36 PM
By far the best combo mod I did with the B&M. The heavy feel really improves the experience of driving this car.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
03-13-09, 10:15 PM
I need to pick one of these up. It's awesome how the stitching matches our seats and everything.

shadybx7
03-14-09, 02:22 AM
OldRoadDawg generously hooked me up with his old Holden shifter for nothing :thumbs2:, he just sent it to me. he wouldn't even take money for the shipping.!!!..Which brings me to the point that This forum is awesome, I have never been on a site with so many vets that actually want to help out others.. However, I have read about a dozen posts recently, from a hand full of noobs that feel entitled to information because they joined and simply need to be spoon fed by the :v: wise. question after question about the same $hlt. im tired of seeing those threads and i haven't even been on here for a year!!! I mean I hate searching too but when i need an answer i try and put in alittle work to find it. its not that hard.

The bottom line is Supporting members bend over backward to help other supporting members out. If you support the community you will be re-payed 10fold in some way, i already have. And will be sure to pay it forward, Thanks again Dave, i will be tapping this shifter and installing it on my Katech next week, i will be sure to throw up some pics when its done

rand49er
03-14-09, 06:57 AM
... The bottom line is Supporting members bend over backward to help other supporting members out. If you support the community you will be re-payed 10fold in some way ...Yup. This place has been invaluable to V ownership for me. Mostly outstanding people here. The thing is, nobody owns their car forever, so you get a changing of the community here over time. The noobs don't yet know our culture and need to be molded ... takes patience sometimes.

Dave, did I see your shifter at V-Day I? Guess I don't recall. These pictures of it look really nice, and for seventy clams, that's not a bad price, too. :thumbsup:

OldRoadDawg
03-14-09, 01:40 PM
OldRoadDawg generously hooked me up with his old Holden shifter for nothing :thumbs2:, he just sent it to me. he wouldn't even take money for the shipping.!!!..Which brings me to the point that This forum is awesome, I have never been on a site with so many vets that actually want to help out others.. However, I have read about a dozen posts recently, from a hand full of noobs that feel entitled to information because they joined and simply need to be spoon fed by the :v: wise. question after question about the same . im tired of seeing those threads and i haven't even been on here for a year!!! I mean I hate searching too but when i need an answer i try and put in alittle work to find it. its not that hard.

The bottom line is Supporting members bend over backward to help other supporting members out. If you support the community you will be re-payed 10fold in some way, i already have. And will be sure to pay it forward, Thanks again Dave, i will be tapping this shifter and installing it on my Katech next week, i will be sure to throw up some pics when its done
Glad to hear you're gonna make it work.

Dave, did I see your shifter at V-Day I? Guess I don't recall. These pictures of it look really nice, and for seventy clams, that's not a bad price, too. :thumbsup:

Nah Randy, wasn't on there then. I'm using one of lasstss billet knobs. Nice size and heft, but takes forever to warm up on cold days.

CTSV_510
03-14-09, 04:12 PM
I have details and A LOT of pictures of the process required to get this shifter & boot to work. I ran into a couple of other adventures along the way too. I'll get them up this evening, stay tuned guys...

CadzillaTN
03-14-09, 04:30 PM
:food-snacking::food-snacking:

I think that aussie source dried up. Time to go haggle at the pontiac dealer

rand49er
03-14-09, 05:11 PM
... Nice size and heft, but takes forever to warm up on cold days.Sounds like my knob.

VforMe
03-14-09, 05:49 PM
Nice size and heft, but takes forever to warm up on cold days.

Sounds like my knob.

You know they make pills for that.

shadybx7
03-14-09, 09:10 PM
I have details and A LOT of pictures of the process required to get this shifter & boot to work. I ran into a couple of other adventures along the way too. I'll get them up this evening, stay tuned guys...

:pop2:

CTSV_510
03-14-09, 09:43 PM

:pop2:

New Thread

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/164146-where-buy-how-install-gto-holden.html