: Cruise control on the fritz

Naf
03-04-09, 02:29 PM
I was goin to work, and due to to the amount of cameras i like to use the cruise control..I tried to use it in six or fifth , but its didnt take. It flashed on but immediately turned off. HOWEVER in 4th it worked fine...WEIRD...

Any one have this before?
My lights are off, but i recently installed the GMPP tranny cooler...

I am lost for words and to be honest, i do not have the time to take her to the dealer and explain to wait a week for them to return it back the same way i gave it...

perfect
03-04-09, 02:41 PM
The only viable solution is to leave it in 2nd gear and bounce it off the rev limiter...

should keep you at a mostly constant speed, good luck!

The Tony Show
03-04-09, 02:56 PM
It's probably the clutch position switch, which is part of the pedal assembly. It's not a serviceable part, which means you'll need to replace the pedal to fix it (if that's the problem).

As an aside, I also do not recommend attempting to cut it open and pack it with sound deadener.

trukk
03-04-09, 03:21 PM
I wonder if cruise control will work with a sequential tranny or a can opened Ti corsa?

My guess is that the CC system in the car is rebelling.

-Chris

rand49er
03-04-09, 04:18 PM
I wonder if cruise control will work with a sequential tranny or a can opened Ti corsa?

-Chris:rofl: Pleaze!

smokisnshellz
03-04-09, 08:40 PM

-Chris
:histeric:the car is starting to hate you trying to turn it into something it isnt

SkullV
03-04-09, 09:20 PM
Open up that wallet buddy! I am sure you can get a really SWEET cruise control...might have to wait a couple months for it to come from this side of the pond!

AAIIIC
03-05-09, 12:57 AM
I thought you had removed all the unnecessary weight from the car? You don't need no stinking cruise control, mang, that shit's just weighin' you down!!!

trukk
03-05-09, 02:52 PM
I thought you had removed all the unnecessary weight from the car? You don't need no stinking cruise control, mang, that shit's just weighin' you down!!!

Just hold on one second. We have established that his race car is allowed to carry any/all additional soundproofing, and a women in the passenger seat. Perahps the cruise control acts as a sound deadening device, or somehow gives him head?

-Chris

UnsafeAtAnySpd
03-05-09, 06:39 PM
The last 5 words just made this thread! Classic!

Naf
03-07-09, 01:22 AM
Haha ha...The cruise is so i dont get any more tickets...They increased the penaties to 500$a snapshot...It works perfectly in 4th gear, but not in 5th or 6th...There is no clutch issues. nor taillight issues.

If you look at all my mods, the open ti can wouldnt cause this. The tranny doesnt have any effect on it as well. I has to be either the new tranny cooler...AHHH, its tough shootin in the dark..I will take her into the dealer, let them figure it out on their dime.

Btw, the new cts-v doesnt get away from me as i thought it would. (anything said more would be in breach)