: Rear heat???

wraunch
03-04-09, 02:05 PM
I have a V8 AWD SRX with the superview sunroof. I can't figure out how to get heat to blow out of the rear vents that go along side of the sunroof. I turn the knob but it only blows A/C or cold air. What am I missing?

GMJim
03-04-09, 03:58 PM
wraunch, You are not missing a thing. They are A/C vents only.

Klei14
03-04-09, 05:08 PM
When rear passengers complain of no heat, turn on the A/C vents for a few seconds. After that the semi-warm air coming from the front vents will feel good :)

wraunch
03-05-09, 10:02 AM
I wonder why Cadillac did that? I mean my parents old Expedition even has rear air.

DVC-Don
03-05-09, 11:14 AM
My kids (teens) hate riding in the back of the SRX in the winter, TOO COLD back there.

The Wrench
03-05-09, 07:22 PM
The rear system just circulates cabin air, drawn in through the grill on the far left rear. There is an AC evaporator behind the grill which chills the air, only if the front AC is turned on. No temp control, no heat.
Best use I found for mine; in the summer I turn the vents to blow right on the back of my neck when I am driving. It's almost as good as cooled seats.

DG

srx05v8
03-06-09, 01:23 AM
The design was based on the fact that warm air becomes lighter and rises to the upper part of the cabin; since the rear seats are located higher than the front ones, they will be surrounded by warm air SOONER than the front seats. So in theory, the rear should be a warmer place - if the car is already well warmed up. However, when the car is just started and there is NO warm air in the cabin, the theory doesn't help. In fact, since this is the moment that one would mostly likely feel cold and expect some hot air coming out of the vent, many draw the conclusion that the SRX rear is colder than its front. This is a rational design that relies too much on physics but not enough on psychology. There is an easy fix - before seating your passengers, let the car warm up a bit and give some time for the physics to work.

MN SRX
03-07-09, 11:32 AM
I thought there was a problem with my heating system due to the rear vents. Once it dipped down to single digit temps outside, the SRX never really seemed to warm up on the inside. Then I realized that the rear vent system was set to 'AUX' and was blowing a lot of almost zero degree air around the cabin. Once I turned that off, I could get the car to heat up nicely.

Tominator
03-07-09, 10:21 PM
I have a V8 AWD SRX with the superview sunroof. I can't figure out how to get heat to blow out of the rear vents that go along side of the sunroof. I turn the knob but it only blows A/C or cold air. What am I missing?

RTFM Page 5-56 AC vents are for Air Conditioning only. :thepan: