: New head light problem...

scoobiedoo1
03-04-09, 12:48 PM
I just had the dealer install a new passanger side head light assembly in the V. The instalation is fine. One small thing I see that bugs me is the rubber trim piece that goes in between the light and the fender. It seems to not fit correctly. Does this piece fit into a channel or have clips that hold it into place? Looks like I could probably fix it myself but wanted your input first. Thanks in advance.

CadiBlk
03-04-09, 01:27 PM
Not sure what you are talking about. A picture would be nice.

NormV
03-04-09, 02:23 PM
How does the rest of the headlight line up? There are 2-3 bolt/nuts that hold the light on but one click retainer at the top on the upper back side of the light. Unless it is worn or well lubed it can take some force to click. Tours may not be on all the way. Pics would be great!

Norm

scoobiedoo1
03-04-09, 05:58 PM
Ok. I'll get pictures after work and post them to show the problem I'm having.

scoobiedoo1
03-04-09, 08:59 PM
Here are the pictures of the weather stripping I'm talking about. My question involves the right side of the stripping:

The rubber is not flush with the fender and seems to be crushed under it. Can I loosen some of the bolts to release the pressure on it and move it up or do I need to remove the bumper cover to do this? N

CBVLS6
03-04-09, 09:06 PM
Here are the pictures of the weather stripping I'm talking about. My question involves the right side of the stripping:

The rubber is not flush with the fender and seems to be crushed under it. Can I loosen some of the bolts to release the pressure on it and move it up or do I need to remove the bumper cover to do this? N

Yeah, your right, what a bunch of tards. They should never have released the car like that. Honestly, I would just take it back to them and tell them to fix it.

If your dead set on DIY, then I would loosen some of the bolts and try to move it up higher before I pulled the bumper off.