: Tsb

lasstss
07-05-04, 05:29 PM
Miscreant,
I have heard that there are 2 TSB's on the V. One being 01987.... NHTSA 10006912 for the driveline clunk on the unload, the other being for the rattle in the rear suspension/aside from the wheel hop.
Something about a 'shim kit'. Any info? I dont have the TSB # for the second one. :hmm:

miscreant
07-05-04, 07:03 PM
These are not Technical Service Bulletins yet, they are only Preliminary Information Buleltins.

The Prelim #01987 states that the driveline clunk is normal. ..."Is a normal torque reversal in the driveline and a combination of axle backlash, front and rear drive shaft rubber isolation flanges, drive shaft center support, and a dual mass flywheel all working together. This is a normal characteristic and not a condition of operation concern. No repairs should be attempted"

The closest to the second is: #01906

Ticking noise from underbody on moderate to hard launch acceleration.

Inspect for clearance at the front of the propshaft between the right and left exhaust down pipes. If there is evidence of balance weight contact to the sides of the pipes, the exhaust system will need to be adjusted. Loosen the pipes on side at a time at the pup converters and load the pipes towards the outer sides of the vehicle and re-tighten.

Rich H
07-05-04, 10:52 PM
The flexible driveshaft is part of the second problem. BMR is supposed to be developing a solid driveshaft without the flexible isolators - this would solve the rattling noise as well as help prevent wheel hop according to their claims...but yet to be seen.

rabid
07-05-04, 11:12 PM
I noticed when I installed the shifter that the disc/plate connecting the driveshaft to the output shaft of the transmission was only a piece of hard rubber.

JEM
07-06-04, 02:57 AM
I noticed when I installed the shifter that the disc/plate connecting the driveshaft to the output shaft of the transmission was only a piece of hard rubber.
That's typical Euro-vehicle design.

Note that a one-piece shaft may well introduce more NVH, and I'd be inclined to bet that any 'clunk' is mostly the dual-mass flywheel.