: 2004 Escalade

TMoNeE
03-04-09, 01:00 AM
I am looking at buying a 2004 Escalade, I was wondering if there is anything I need to look out for when I check it out, and weird symptoms of anything etc.

Thanks

luxurylife33
03-04-09, 01:14 AM
Differential problems are common in 04's. Check carfax records. Receipts for maintenance. These are minimum.

Silver04
03-04-09, 12:04 PM
Alot of electronics on these trucks...press all the buttons, flip all the switches, seriously.

joee5
03-04-09, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the forums. I have an '04 and I love her. :) God Bless,Joe

TMoNeE
03-04-09, 03:15 PM
Thanks guys, yeah the carfax is clean, and she says she has never had diff problems..... its only got 47k on it but I will make sure to flip all the switches and press all the buttons, thank you for providing this noob with some tips....

Any more would also be appreciated. Hope to be a proud member of the escalade world by next week.

wsugarlove
03-10-09, 01:36 AM
:welcome: I have a 04 and I love my Escalade!!!...it's a Fun Ride...you will like how she handles...plus you will have "Some" people looking at you with GREEN EYES:mad2:...I had no problems other then my CD Changer...It stop taking my CD's:crying:..so I use the Single slot..but otherwise GET Your Escalade:yup:
and YES my Escalade is a Girl...BAD GIRLLLLLLLLLLL...I love the way she get attention...if you don't mind getting attention...Escalade is the one to get...for we are the Escalade Lovers Here!

Patrick7997
03-11-09, 02:07 AM
Front diff can be a problem, even at that mileage....

Mine was bad & rebuilt at 44k...

But I love the truck... If it checks out, I would go for it.

They're giving them away right now....

KrazyKeith
03-11-09, 03:47 AM
make sure your rear heat actually works too.

drive with the radio off, listen for that front wheel hum, that would be the transfer case or front diff. check for tranny slip by gettin on it a few times and as others said, test all the heated seats, windows, sunroof, etc.

I love my escalade.

Stimpygato
03-11-09, 11:22 AM
Hey forum folks... I figure now is as good a time as any to jump into the conversation. Just picked up my '04 EXT a month ago. I used this site pretty exclusively when researching, so a big 'ol THANK YOU to all of the regulars here. I had shopped around for literally 6 months before making my purchase at a Cadillac dealer.

The only tidbit I have found is an intermittant and annoying "Traction Active" message that won't allow me to accellerate while it's illuminated, which is usually only a second or two. According to the forums here and elsewhere, this is a relatively common problem across GM vehicles like the Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade, and others. I have seen posts saying that cleaning the wheel sensor is a cheap fix in many cases, but I wonder what other Escalade owners have experienced.:confused:

jordan00escalade
03-11-09, 09:28 PM
I picked up a 2 year warranty with mine for $1,200.00. You really can't go wrong with additional warranty, a simple piece of mind.