: GOD I love the UPS man

m3andak
03-03-09, 10:14 PM
So much chatter about the short throw. I thought I would take advantage of Katechs sale. Will install this weekend:yup: Thanks for the knowledge.

CadiBlk
03-03-09, 10:26 PM
You workin this Saturday? I am lookin to get some springs here in the future. What's the possibility of me crusin up and grabbing a sexy set of spacers you made? I can cover what ever it takes you to get them made (within reason). I am hopefully going to be cruising on a fresh silent driveshaft and a little road trip into GA would be nice with the good weather we are supposed to be having.

Good luck with your installs. Shifter is easy and will be very nice for you. Hopefully we can get a meet up rolling for here in the future.

m3andak
03-03-09, 10:43 PM
Yah working this Saturday, but Im off this Sunday... I made 2 sets of the Aluminum ones. I will see if I can make another set. Wont be that much, If I can sneak it. I also made another way to mount the shocks. Looks like the way mightymouse made his. Here are the pics of them. Pm me and I will give you my mobile.

CadiBlk
03-03-09, 10:58 PM
I am interested in your alternate shock mount method. When are you planning on doing that install? I'd like to see the install process and the finished product. Does your method move the mount point up and not compress the shock to achieve the lower? I like that.

m3andak
03-03-09, 11:06 PM
cadiblk here is the page from mightymouse http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/162651-my-nivomat-lowering-solution.html email him and he will send you the plans.

CadiBlk
03-03-09, 11:21 PM
Ya, I have read that thread about 100 times lookin at his pictures 'n such. I like the idea of moving the shock mount as long as it doesn't hurt integrity because it doesn't compress the shock. You using his plans to cut those brackets? If so I'd recommend doing what someone suggested and making another bracket to sandwich the body with so that the spacers don't cause a weak spot.

Natedog
03-04-09, 08:49 AM
I ordered the katech last week but it's on 3-5 week backorder! Let me know what u think of it when it's done... U doing the Lindsay bushings as well?

lollygagger8
03-04-09, 09:01 AM
Let us know how much dynamat you need for the Katech :lildevil:

....shifter war begins in...3....2...1....

CadiBlk
03-04-09, 02:59 PM
m3andak,

I just now realized what you meant by that you are doing something similar to mightymouse. I looked at your pictures and I thought the 4 spacers you had were going to be used as 1 spacer for the top of each rear shock like the nels spacer (because they are bigger than the spacers mightymouse used). I thought you had four because you made extras for the other V owner up there or something. I may still be wrong, but I think I am following you now. I've emailed mightmouse for the bracket plans.

What kind of drop are you expecting with your H&R springs?

m3andak
03-04-09, 07:00 PM
cadiblk, I'm not trying to go 2 low 1-1.5 that all. I had a 94 300zx tt, my back is still sore from getting in and out. + with all the pickups and suv's down here they could not see me. the pics of the spacers and the mightymouse design are 2 different ways. I can see the confusion.