: Anyway to shut off the daytime headlights?

homesite
03-03-09, 08:55 PM
Is there anyway to shut off the daytime headlights ?and still keep the automatic lights in the on position?

GM-4-LIFE
03-03-09, 09:29 PM
Easiest way to shut them off is to remove the actual DRL bulbs.

No other way around it.

SG

JEM
03-03-09, 11:17 PM
Easiest way to shut them off is to remove the actual DRL bulbs.

No other way around it.

It would be VERY surprising if that were the case, since GM's intent is to sell the car in markets where DRLs are either unwanted or illegal.

Somewhere it's possible to turn them off - different headlight switch, removing a relay, software recoding...

darjae
03-03-09, 11:32 PM
It would be VERY surprising if that were the case, since GM's intent is to sell the car in markets where DRLs are either unwanted or illegal.

Are DRLs really illegal anywhere? They exist as a safety feature.

You may be right, I'm just curious

JEM
03-04-09, 02:17 AM
Are DRLs really illegal anywhere? They exist as a safety feature.

You may be right, I'm just curious

If I recall correctly they're illegal in Germany for one, or at least were a few years ago.

ewill3rd
03-04-09, 06:52 AM
Based on what I know it would be exceedingly difficult to deactivate the DRL feature.
The bulbs are also used as the turn signals and they are all controlled via computer.
Might be easier to solve world hunger.
Just send Sally Struthers the money you would have spent on trying this and be done.
;)

Kadonny
03-04-09, 08:02 AM
No to your original question. You can however turn them off just by rotating the headlight switch towards your body and it shuts the DRLs and auto lights off together. Then when it gets dark just turn your lights back on.......just like the old days.

Easy.

tedcmiller
03-04-09, 11:57 AM
The DRLs on the 2009 CTS-V (V2) are different from the DRLs on the 2004-2007 CTS-V (V1). While the DRLs and the turn signals used the same lamp on the V1, this is not the case on the V2. DRLs on the V2 are "white" lights above the yellow turn signals. The "white" DRL above the turn signal does turn off (one side only) when the turn signal is active.