: lug pattern?

WorkinWoodWheel.TX
03-03-09, 05:35 PM
does anyone know the lug pattern? or how i would find out? i have a 2005 STS v6. thanks!

turnerbend
03-03-09, 06:03 PM
5x115mm bolt pattern

WorkinWoodWheel.TX
03-03-09, 06:05 PM
thanks!

Number 3
03-06-09, 08:59 PM
The lug pattern in fact is 5x115 but if you call a rim shop they might tell you 5x4.5 or 5x114.3 THEY ARE LYING!!!

AllGoNShow
03-12-09, 12:46 PM
Just for clarification on an old topic.

Yes the Bolt battern is 5x115.
But you CAN use 5x114.3 as long as the wheels are PROPERLY fitted. AKA Don't buy Chinese junk bullshit wheels and think they will work fine. You need to have proper aluminum hub rings and someone who knows what they are doing.

C&C
03-12-09, 05:15 PM
Don't do it; 0.7mm is almost 28 thousandths of an inch. 0.79mm is 1/32", and while that doesn't seem like much, in reality, it is (especially when you are considering a rotating mass that is not going to be very well balanced if it is fighting to center itself with incorrect dimensions). Just saying.

AllGoNShow
03-13-09, 12:00 PM
I will do it; Yes it is not a perfect fit, if I wanted a perfect fit then I would order my wheels with 5x115, and then I would only be able to sell to Cadillac guys. The rotating mass as you wish to call it, will be perfectly laser balanced on my machine and will be used with (as I said before) an aluminum (not plastic incase you missed it again) hub ring that will center the wheel on the hub and keep everything balanced.

Has been used for years, longer than I have been on this world, tried tested and true.

C&C
03-13-09, 07:36 PM
Yep, missed that you mentioned hub rings, my bad. But remember that if you use hub rings then you'll then have to take into consideration wheel offset, which will need to be matched to the amount the hub ring intrudes.

AllGoNShow
03-13-09, 08:52 PM
Hub rings sit inside the hub bore of the wheel, they do not push out or suck in the wheel any distance, unless you maybe are using some cheap chinese wheels that have no engineering put into them.

C&C
03-14-09, 09:33 AM
Oh, I get it now. I thought hub rings were wheel adapters. I did a google search to see exactly what you were talking about.

After looking at them, and seeing there purpose as described by the site I visited, I now will revert to my original answer and say: 114.3 mm lug patterns, DO NOT fit a 115 mm lug pattern. I'm sure you can get away with it, but they still don't fit in my opinion.

AllGoNShow
03-14-09, 04:46 PM
Well you can continue to believe that but please stop spreading incorrect information around when you know nothing of what you are talking about.

C&C
03-15-09, 05:42 AM
There are quite a few discussions on the internet and it appears that they debate this same question. Will they work, yes; are they recommended, generally not (one source Tirerack); will the user have any problems, general consensus is no; is there undue forces exerted on the lugnuts as they are stressed to fit into the concentric of the drilled lug hole, yes to a point(but probably not to critical point).
Do want you want, but I do take offense that you think I don't know what I'm talking about, and I'm done with this post (and for sure I wouldn't use an incorrect size wheel on my car).

AllGoNShow
04-08-09, 09:59 PM
The reason a source like tirerack would not recommend it would be that they would have a bunch of morons putting on totally incorrect wheels on their vehicle because they are "cool wheels" and then have a handfull of lawsuits on their hand for promoting that idea. Ofcourse a major supplier such as Tirerack is going to recommend against it, they don't want to deal with morons like you who think they know what they are doing but don't.

The job of the lugnuts is to tightly hold, at proper torque, the wheels to the hub. The force of wheels against the ground or power to the wheels is transfered through a combination of the center hub and the lugs working together. If the wheels are proper hub centric wheels (or PROPER aluminum rings are used) then using a 5x114.3 wheel on a 5x115 vehicle will work fine.

turnerbend
04-08-09, 10:33 PM
The reason a source like tirerack would not recommend it would be that they would have a bunch of morons putting on totally incorrect wheels on their vehicle because they are "cool wheels" and then have a handfull of lawsuits on their hand for promoting that idea. Ofcourse a major supplier such as Tirerack is going to recommend against it, they don't want to deal with morons like you who think they know what they are doing but don't.

The job of the lugnuts is to tightly hold, at proper torque, the wheels to the hub. The force of wheels against the ground or power to the wheels is transfered through a combination of the center hub and the lugs working together. If the wheels are proper hub centric wheels (or PROPER aluminum rings are used) then using a 5x114.3 wheel on a 5x115 vehicle will work fine.

AllGO lighten up, Are your pantyhose too tight?

z06bigbird
02-04-10, 12:15 AM
Does anyone use metric nuts on SAE bolts??? They almost fit too.

AllGoNShow
02-04-10, 11:59 AM
Definitley sounds like something you Corvette headbangers would attempt

MGD
05-22-11, 08:50 PM
Did the lug pattern change for 2006? These wheels are 5X120mm supposedly for the 2006-2008 STS. Is there a way to change the lug pattern for a 2005 to 5X120, and not affect the brake calipers or anything else?

http://www.wheelsrims.net/2006_2008-cadillac-sts/18_x_85_alloy_wheel-aly04595u78.html