: Suede headliner anyone?!

ALQ
03-03-09, 05:09 PM
hey ya'll..

i dunno if anyone has already done this before, but im just curious if any of the members here have seen a V2 with black suede headliner.

im dropping my car off at the dealership to custom fit black suede, they called it alcantara or something like that hehe..

has anyone seen any V2 with that? and what do you guys thing? worth it?!:)

trukk
03-03-09, 05:25 PM
Let me be the first to say:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/492/wadeko7.jpg

Second let me say:

It's your car, your money do what you want.

Thirdly I will tell you I think this is just retarded. Automatics go hand in bad with bad taste.

-Chris

P.S. #3 wasn't an attack, just my opinion, feel free to ignore it :duck:.

The Tony Show
03-03-09, 05:33 PM
See signature below

V
V
V

urbanski
03-03-09, 06:33 PM
judging by location. money would be no object. have fun OP

thebigjimsho
03-03-09, 07:18 PM
i'd do leather. like a Rolls...

trukk
03-03-09, 07:49 PM
i'd do leather. like a Rolls...

Rolls of leather?

Sheafs of swayde for the win.

-Chris

thebigjimsho
03-03-09, 10:51 PM
sheaths of foreskinz?

aceofblitz
03-03-09, 11:45 PM
I think the headliner just ruins the whole mood of the ebony interior, Alcantara would go well with your faux suede steering wheel and shifter and it would unify the whole tone of the interior, you might not look up while you're driving but you will notice the extra darkness once you install it.

Nutz
03-04-09, 12:03 AM
Here, here! T'would look gastly mavelous, indeed. Pahaps a bit on the dapper side chap. Poss the Grey Poupon. Cheerio.

TaVern
03-04-09, 12:22 AM
sooperior swde

it's the only way to go

jvp
03-04-09, 08:49 AM
I think the headliner just ruins the whole mood of the ebony interior

For what it's worth, I agree with this. My only real complaint about the V's interior is that two-tone color scheme. If I order a black interior, dammit, make the entire interior black. Whether it needs to be suede/swade/swaid/swuaid/cewade/etc is another argument altogether. Personally, I think the headliner material is fine, its color scheme sucks.

jas

aceofblitz
03-04-09, 07:49 PM
For what it's worth, I agree with this. My only real complaint about the V's interior is that two-tone color scheme. If I order a black interior, dammit, make the entire interior black. Whether it needs to be suede/swade/swaid/swuaid/cewade/etc is another argument altogether. Personally, I think the headliner material is fine, its color scheme sucks.

jas
I don't mind the material either, but if you're actually going to replace the headliner, why not pamper yourself and upgrade it to a better material? It will definitely suit the interior especially if you have the steering+shifter in suede.

thebigjimsho
03-04-09, 08:58 PM
swayde!

OldRoadDawg
03-04-09, 09:03 PM
im dropping my car off at the dealership to custom fit black suede

swayde!
camel hair.. dyed black

thebigjimsho
03-04-09, 11:48 PM
The heart wants what the heart wants...

Razorecko
03-05-09, 08:54 PM
just go out and slap some louis vouitton leather on it. :alchi:

thebigjimsho
03-06-09, 01:23 AM
or some carmen electra...

ALQ
03-18-09, 05:53 AM
At laast, got the alcantara done for the headliner, and changed all the parts from grey to black, i have no idea where my dealer got them in black, and the same with the roof visor.. At least the car has a more luxurious feel than the grey cloth :annoyed:

ill upload some better quality pictures soon.. :p

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2580/99/27/503923459/n503923459_1561551_78917.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2580/99/27/503923459/n503923459_1561552_817244.jpg

mr.algaz
03-18-09, 07:46 AM
At laast, got the alcantara done for the headliner, and changed all the parts from grey to black, i have no idea where my dealer got them in black, and the same with the roof visor.. At least the car has a more luxurious feel than the grey cloth :annoyed:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2580/99/27/503923459/n503923459_1561551_78917.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2580/99/27/503923459/n503923459_1561552_817244.jpg

That looks gorgeous. Any idea how much it costs. I have been searching for some place to do that kind of quality.

It is amazing :eek::bouncy:

eagle_lex
03-18-09, 08:50 AM
wow that looks very nice! love to hear about pricing....

Fubar75207
03-18-09, 11:21 AM
I have seen it done on a few cars. The results look very clean (not pimpy at all). It should have come with this from the factory.

Please post pricing if you don't mind.

neuronbob
03-18-09, 12:06 PM
Wow, that looks great. That's what happens when money is no object, I suppose.

:thumbsup: on that gorgeous install!

atdeneve
03-18-09, 01:31 PM
That looks gorgeous. Any idea how much it costs. I have been searching for some place to do that kind of quality.

It is amazing :eek::bouncy:

wow that looks very nice! love to hear about pricing....

Wow, that looks great. That's what happens when money is no object, I suppose.

:thumbsup: on that gorgeous install!

Don't know what you guys are all so uppity about. It's amazing? I can't see shit. I know it looks nice, but only cuz I've seen it before.

And it shouldn't cost more than 400-500 dollars for a custom job (that's with Katzkin'z Suesezkin).

ALQ
03-18-09, 05:28 PM
Well, the cadillac dealer in the UAE have this division called LMS, Liberty Motor Sports, and they do all kind of custom work... it was around 1400 dollars, it looks like its come from factory, and the alcantara was brought in from germany, there is a very slight difference in color, cant be really noticed.. a couple of friends of mine add this option from BMW factory, for their M5's and M6's, they have to pay 2500 dollars extra, so im quite happy with what i've paid and got in return :D

anonfrank, if u've paid 60k dollars for a car, 1400 is not really much to give it a euro quality feel ..

atdeneve, the UAE is such a small country, we dont manufacture such materials, and dont really have that much of people who would do professional installation.. so we have to pay more :(

Razorecko
03-18-09, 05:48 PM
^ thats a small price to pay to make the vehicle look $20k better.

GMX322V S/C
03-18-09, 06:25 PM
...and changed all the parts from grey to black...Including the steering wheel and shifter? If yes, would you post pictures please?

aceofblitz
03-18-09, 07:06 PM
Including the steering wheel and shifter? If yes, would you post pictures please?

The steering wheel and shifter already come in black, suede as an option.. or so I thought.

On another note, I checked out the katzkin suede colors, the dark slate looks like its a perfect match for our ebony interior as opposed to the black which feels like a very dark shade.

Vlakaz
03-18-09, 07:41 PM
Higher res pics would be great if you can post some, but from what I can see that looks 100 times better then the stock headliner. The stock headliner reminds me of the headliner in my friends 20K malibu.

If anyone knows of a customer shop that can do quality reliable work like this up here in Toronto Canada please let me know, I would like to get a price estimate for that.

I agree that $1400 for a high quality job and look like that isn't much to pay for a car in this price range. More Dealers in Canada and the USA should have custom design/fabrication departments that can do work like this.

I'd also like to find a custom shop that can fix the cheap plastic feeling inside door pull handles. As far as interior fit and finish goes that cheap break in your hand plastic feel of the handles is more of a turn off then the headliner. I'd like to have them completely wrapped in leather or replaced with ones wrapped in the same black onyx look of the dash. :stirpot:

GMX322V S/C
03-18-09, 07:50 PM
The steering wheel and shifter already come in black, suede as an option.. or so I thought...I have that option--and it's not black but a medium-dark gray; the nap makes it look even lighter when it's well lit. I'd prefer it to be as black as the stock black leather it replaces.

eagle_lex
03-18-09, 08:59 PM
Don't know what you guys are all so uppity about. It's amazing? I can't see shit. I know it looks nice, but only cuz I've seen it before.

And it shouldn't cost more than 400-500 dollars for a custom job (that's with Katzkin'z Suesezkin).

just giving the guy some positive feedback..... tuff crowd here i guess.

thebigjimsho
03-18-09, 10:30 PM
I was looking at my '04 today and thought it would look good with a leather lined dash and door panels. with sooperior swayde headlinerz...

but that does look really good...

concorso
03-18-09, 11:42 PM
I wouldnt want this, specifically the color. I like the grey ceiling. The typical reason for a light colored ceiling is to create the feeling of open space...or at least a larger interior.

I do like the suede, but I couldnt care less what the ceiling material is...

814V
03-19-09, 01:38 AM
did someone say napped-finished leather, or a variety of fabrics with a brushed finish?

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m196/dv814/VU_Meter.jpg

thebigjimsho
03-20-09, 10:45 PM
swade

UAEmonster
03-26-09, 10:19 AM
That was cool man , i think u r the first to do it in LMS, they told me about it when i asked them if they got anything new for the 2009 CTS-V :)

so, it is around 5,000 AED right ?

u think it worths it ?

cardio-doc
05-19-09, 08:12 AM
Given how much time most people actually spend INSIDE their vehicle - as-opposed to standing back looking at it from outside - I think a $500 to $1600 interior upgrade as-this makes more sense than $10k wheels.

Caveat: I have both. ;-)

1-2-N-V
05-19-09, 09:10 AM
Alcantera. Sounds great . But maybe too much Suede, Swaid, or Swaaade. I don't know all black might have been very dark in the car. I like the 2 tone but maybe the darker gray of the Suaide would been more appealing.

Tony407
06-13-09, 04:21 AM
I just stumbled on this thread. I think the suede headliner is a great idea and it looks very good. Did you ever take some more pictures?

Tony

dvandentop
06-13-09, 11:23 AM
damn that looks nice should come that way from the factory

s4ologist
06-13-09, 01:51 PM
Nice pics. Looks great!

allklr
06-13-09, 02:00 PM
I want this on my car bad, Anyone know where to get the black hardware?

V-Love
06-13-09, 02:14 PM
This thread makes me think of whistle tips. I just couldn't find the thread.

chopmeat
06-13-09, 03:40 PM
Nice!
Why does GM make the top half light beige?
Why don't they continue the ebony interior all the way up???

NapperV
06-14-09, 11:51 AM
Let me be the first to say:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/492/wadeko7.jpg

Second let me say:

It's your car, your money do what you want.

Thirdly I will tell you I think this is just retarded. Automatics go hand in bad with bad taste.

-Chris

P.S. #3 wasn't an attack, just my opinion, feel free to ignore it :duck:.

right...Automatic eventhough faster are in bad taste..you need to set up alll the electronic parameter.....tc off.....sport suspension.....sport tranmission lettingit shift...add 100 octane.....dude i chirped second on a 3.4 throtttle run....and it was strong as all hell....handling and dowshifting....you've got to know you cars shiftpoints and enter the turn so i can aloow a downshit...

driving it this way i can more fully concentrate on the road.....i've had no one pass me yet in ay confrontation....a few pissed of Merc guys serving cutting me off.....but that to me expected...at 45 i'm an old geezer....too bad full head of hair....and i tend to look 10 younger do to some serious working out...

the Auto....is an excelent choice....likely as not over all fun as the 6 speed but my 06 Ls2 550 whp GTO give me that fun...and it i really need a dranline fic my Hayabusa works.....i'm a midll calss guy....

and the CTS-v is th GNX all over again...and as i recall it was auto..auto are prefered drag racing units......and th record was run by an Auto.

you wanna row throw gears in a caddy ..it cool defeats the purpose you shuld have gotten a GXP...

try getting head....as you rowing through the gears...
lol

to each his own...but no more blanket staements...Auto's are proven faster..and you can concentrate more fully on the handling aspects...its 6 in one hand 1/2 a dozen in the other...

V-Love
06-14-09, 07:07 PM
^^^ and manual is faster in the proper hands. I have those hands.

Tony407
06-15-09, 04:22 AM
^^^ and manual is faster in the proper hands. I have those hands.

I have yet to read a single review where a professional has driven both an auto and manual V, where the manual was quicker to 60 or the 1/4 mile. So that's a pretty big claim you're making. Even the guy that set the world record on the Ring admitted the auto was quicker, but preferred the manual out of personal preference. To my knowledge, he was not able to beat his own record - which was set in the auto - with the manual transmission. That's even with the auto transmission's 174 mph speed limiter vs. the manual's 200 or so max speed.

Tony

bruff1977
01-06-10, 08:06 PM
Has anyone inquired about the fabric used on the wheel and shifter for the headliner? Does anyone have any contacts for what textile manufacturer was used to make the mircofiber? I would like to do something like this for my V2 when I purchase, but real suede is too high-maintenance. And I want an EXACT match to the wheel and shifter...

09BlackV
01-06-10, 08:40 PM

Did you have this done at your local dealership? Is is all alcantra material? Ballpark cost? any more pics? Thanks!

dvandentop
01-06-10, 10:41 PM
Nice!
Why don't they continue the ebony interior all the way up???

yeah that is so annoying they do the top 1/2 light color would be nice if they would do it all black like in my s4

thebigjimsho
01-07-10, 12:02 AM
Nope, I like the lighter top...

Q8 6.2
01-07-10, 05:43 AM
wow that is the best interior mod i have seen so far from anyone here the V really needs it my car also has a cool rich black interior and a crappy looking tan roof that kills the whole look.. it looks cheap..

:thumbsup:

clubracer6
01-07-10, 03:02 PM
Looks really nice... They do this in a lot of German cars and really adds something to the inside of the car... It's not in my budget (performance upgrades are) but if I had some extra cash I would do it in a heart beat.

Tony407
01-07-10, 04:15 PM
What about the sunroof mesh? Does that match the new darker color too?

Tony

Bigron
01-08-10, 05:44 PM
Did you have this done at your local dealership? Is is all alcantra material? Ballpark cost? any more pics? Thanks!

Did you read the thread?
He stated he is in UAE, the name of the place that did it and the cost.

06BlackonBlackCTSV
01-08-10, 09:04 PM
I like it, I am thinking about getting it done in my 06 V :thumbsup:

concorso
01-08-10, 10:09 PM
Nice!
Why don't they continue the ebony interior all the way up???It is an interior design technique to improve the sense of space. Basically, a light colored roof in the car makes the interior 'feel' larger then it is. One factor in going with a light colored a/b/c pillar is that when the driver is looking around, checking his blindspot, etc, he/she is more likely to be distracted by dark colored pillars as opposed to light colored pillars. Your eyes naturally engage colors that are contrasting. So when looking over your shoulder in the bright sunlight, you dont 'see' the grey pillars.

thebigjimsho
01-09-10, 12:17 AM
It is an interior design technique to improve the sense of space. Basically, a light colored roof in the car makes the interior 'feel' larger then it is. One factor in going with a light colored a/b/c pillar is that when the driver is looking around, checking his blindspot, etc, he/she is more likely to be distracted by dark colored pillars as opposed to light colored pillars. Your eyes naturally engage colors that are contrasting. So when looking over your shoulder in the bright sunlight, you dont 'see' the grey pillars.
Stop distracting us with your rocket scientistness...

CTSVKINGWAGON
08-07-11, 01:42 AM
Has anyone seen the CTS-V Wagon show car before it was put into production? It was everything the CTS-v interior should have been. Suede lower dash incl. glove box door, suede wrapped steering wheel INCL. CENTER HORN with stitching going dwn. center, suede headliner, and the special laser-etched v emblem on the seats.

SecretWeapon
08-07-11, 09:16 AM
Very classy upgrade. Two thumbs up!

thebigjimsho
08-08-11, 08:57 PM
Just do it yourself. Bring the $$$$.