: Automatic Start ?

McCaughey01
03-03-09, 01:39 PM
Well I drove my 05 STS home from the dealership yesterday and I am loving it!!! I had a quick question about my automatic start.... I am getting annoyed because after I lock the doors and walk in the house and try to start it 20 min later with the automatic start it wont start until I lock the doors again then push the start button and it will start just fine. Do any of you have this problem?

SwissSTS
03-03-09, 02:19 PM
That's excatly how it should work, you have to push the lock botton first, then push and hold the remote start botton until the engine starts.

ifmracin
03-03-09, 03:13 PM
Agreed.
Working just as designed.

McCaughey01
03-03-09, 03:59 PM
:bouncy:Well at least there isnt something wrong with it. I just don't see the point if the car is already locked to have to lock it again in order for it to start, I could see if the doors were unlocked and it made you lock them. I guess I will have to live with it. Other than that the Car is great!

C&C
03-03-09, 04:10 PM
I believe that is the design feature to make sure you are serious about starting the car remotely. Call it a two step procedure. Otherwise an errant push on the remote start button could be unwanted.

dkozloski
03-03-09, 04:46 PM
I have a Ford pickup with an aftermarket remote start that only requires one button push to activate and it inadvertantly starts all the time when I have the fob in my pocket with other stuff. The Caddy system is much better.

EChas3
03-03-09, 06:15 PM
I've opened a car trunk with my remote by mistake more than once. I like this idea.

bigdog9586
03-03-09, 10:05 PM
If it wasn't for that 2 step feature then it would be the same problems I have now with my keys in my pocket, my truck opening or the horn honking. Thank god I don't also have the car starting in my garage which is part of my house with 3 bedrooms above it.
===============

:bouncy:Well at least there isnt something wrong with it. I just don't see the point if the car is already locked to have to lock it again in order for it to start, I could see if the doors were unlocked and it made you lock them. I guess I will have to live with it. Other than that the Car is great!