: and another one bites the dust

justgreat
03-03-09, 08:55 AM
curran cadillac, and pontiac too, in westport, ct.

rip....

jackg
06 sts6

mbnv992
03-03-09, 11:40 AM
Wow, that's near where I live (well, within a 70 mile radius lol.
I also hard that Thomas Cadillac/Jaguar in Hartford also folded as well.
This is getting worse and worse :(

Benjamin Simon
03-03-09, 11:15 PM
The Buick, Pontiac, GMC dealer folder here. However, it was ran by morons.

justgreat
03-04-09, 08:49 AM
curran was a decent dealership based on my dealings with them. i had an idle problem with my 90 seville and they diagnosed and fixed the problem without dropping a second mortgage bill on my head.

for lower fairfield county, there's greenwich cadillac (they also sell saabs...no joke) and then you have to go to shelton for the next caddy delaer in connecticut.

jackg
06 sts6

BaTu
03-04-09, 09:45 AM
Curran was my dealership too. I cultivated a great relationship with Steve (the service manager) over the past 10yrs. Now I'm stuck with starting all over again somewhere else :(

Greenwich Cadillac hasn't had a new Caddy on their lot in years. They are really a just Saab dealer.

I think the Shelton dealership is part of the "Crabtree Group" and they're all crooks at every location, I can't imagine they're any good.

I know the Danbury guys guys are Bozos...

Witlon Chevy told me they're trying to obtain the franchise. They've been around a very long time and I know they're OK. That's where I bought my GMMPP (when Curran told me they were changing to VW last November) for my STS and we'll see what happends. They assure me they will be able to do the warranty work on my car.

Not Happy.... :(

GarryW
03-04-09, 11:36 AM
We had one here close last year. It was Foley-Rice Cadillac in Oak Park, IL. Unfortunately, there will be more this year too. I would say the imports are in a better position than the domestic manufacturers. I was shopping with the wife last weekend and she test drove Chevy's, Fords, Toyota, Honda and Nissan. At the import dealers you practically had to say " Can somebody help us here!" At the Ford and Chevy dealers you could shoot a cannon through the showroom and no one would get it.

justgreat
03-04-09, 08:28 PM
Curran was my dealership too. I cultivated a great relationship with Steve (the service manager) over the past 10yrs. Now I'm stuck with starting all over again somewhere else :(

Greenwich Cadillac hasn't had a new Caddy on their lot in years. They are really a just Saab dealer.

I think the Shelton dealership is part of the "Crabtree Group" and they're all crooks at every location, I can't imagine they're any good.

I know the Danbury guys guys are Bozos...

Witlon Chevy told me they're trying to obtain the franchise. They've been around a very long time and I know they're OK. That's where I bought my GMMPP (when Curran told me they were changing to VW last November) for my STS and we'll see what happends. They assure me they will be able to do the warranty work on my car.

Not Happy.... :(

actually, myprimary dealer was suburban cadillac in stamford and they were top shelf. that's where i bought my 06 sts. they sold the property to a developer for aprtments/condos for 15 million in sep of 06.

as far as greenwich goes they had plenty of new caddys when i was there but that was before the bottom fell out of the auto market. i agree though that they are primarliy a saab dealer...they also own saab of westport that has been there forever.

and your're right about shelton...scam artists....

jackg
06 sts6