: Chinmotorsports HPDE Mar 21-22 Roebling Road

v-sam
03-03-09, 05:09 AM
Who is up for a little road course fun? Roebling Road is a 2.02 Mile, 9-turn road course in Savannah, GA. Chin is a great group to run with 3 1/2 hours of track time each day with the possibilty of doubling the track time on Sunday by combining run groups.

http://www.chinmotorsports.com/default.asp

rjoffe
03-03-09, 10:10 AM
Sorry, March 21-22 I'm at summit point.

thebigjimsho
03-03-09, 12:53 PM
o rly?

trukk
03-03-09, 04:05 PM
I'm out.

I will have VERY limited track time this year. I think I'm going to do VIR once, and then shoot for Watkins Glen once.

-Chris

qqik4u
03-03-09, 04:47 PM
Chris: I would like to join in on the VIR day this year - i almost made it in 08 - Could you let me know when and where and I am there this year (I am novice so I can learn alot).

Sorry guys not trying to jack the thread.

Mick

trukk
03-03-09, 04:55 PM
Chris: I would like to join in on the VIR day this year - i almost made it in 08 - Could you let me know when and where and I am there this year (I am novice so I can learn alot).

Sorry guys not trying to jack the thread.

Mick

Mick,

I will make sure I post when I'm going.

Not really sure when. I did Chin at the begining of July last year, I might do that again, or try for another week.

-Chris

Unkie Barrels
03-03-09, 05:06 PM
There is another (cheaper) track day at Roebling Road later in the month. I will let you know the details once I hear back from the organizers.

It's the same deal as Chin, including the instructors, classes, and other help for novices. However, you don't have to pay a membership fee and the overall cost is less.

trukk
03-03-09, 05:12 PM
There is another (cheaper) track day at Roebling Road later in the month. I will let you know the details once I hear back from the organizers.

It's the same deal as Chin, including the instructors, classes, and other help for novices. However, you don't have to pay a membership fee and the overall cost is less.

I'm not sure who is putting the other one on, but let me just say that not all track days are created equal.

Chin is BY FAR the best event I've been to. You bascally get double the track time, and half the usual entrants of other track day events. Well worth the extra cost in my mind.

Don't knock 'em until you've tried 'em.

-Chris

v-sam
03-03-09, 05:16 PM
I'm out.

I will have VERY limited track time this year. I think I'm going to do VIR once, and then shoot for Watkins Glen once.

-Chris

The Glen? Ha your going to end up in the ugly armco:banghead: . There is no margin for error there. Nothing against your driving abilities cause your pretty good but your f__ked if the car fails on you. Which given our combined experiences at the track we know is pretty likely. I tell you what if your brave or stupid enough to do it I will come instruct for you.

trukk
03-03-09, 05:21 PM
The Glen? Ha your going to end up in the ugly armco:banghead: . There is no margin for error there. Nothing against your driving abilities cause your pretty good but your f__ked if the car fails on you. Which given our combined experiences at the track we know is pretty likely. I tell you what if your brave or stupid enough to do it I will come instruct for you.

HMMM...food for thought. I was thinking there because:

a) Never been, and want to hit all the good tracks at least once
b) Can talk my wife into going because it's int he finger lakes area of NY, which is nice.

May have to re-evaluate.

-Chris

v-sam
03-03-09, 06:36 PM
Chris,

Go watch some in car video taken at the Glen. Shoot for Mid-Ohio, Road Atlanta, or Sebring.

NormV
03-03-09, 06:39 PM
Glen can be tricky in the rain but most of the fenced area is up hill compession. Chris should have no problem given his experience. You'll love the higher speed like VIR but less techincal with more of a flow to it. There are many high profile venues including them Nascar boys. So if they can do it...

Gorgeous country side with many wineries. :)

Roebling on the other hand is a nice quick, flat track.

Norm

delsim
03-03-09, 06:57 PM
Wish I could make ....... I went to one at Roebling last month and had a ball . Going back in April with PCA

Unkie Barrels
03-03-09, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure who is putting the other one on, but let me just say that not all track days are created equal.

Chin is BY FAR the best event I've been to. You bascally get double the track time, and half the usual entrants of other track day events. Well worth the extra cost in my mind.

Don't knock 'em until you've tried 'em.

-Chris

According to the schedules on both websites, tracktime will be the same.

If you want to pay the extra $100 to drive the same track for the same amount of time, be my guest.

trukk
03-03-09, 07:46 PM

If you want to pay the extra $100 to drive the same track for the same amount of time, be my guest.

LOL, quit talking smack and post your link. I'm all for finding great new deals.

Have you done an event with this group yet, or this all just wishful thinking? I can tell you from many experiences that Chin is first rate.

-Chris

thebigjimsho
03-03-09, 07:47 PM
I want to do VIR again this year but can't until September at the earliest. I'd do the Glen, though. Let me know what you do...

trukk
03-03-09, 08:47 PM
I want to do VIR again this year but can't until September at the earliest. I'd do the Glen, though. Let me know what you do...

I'll be sure to plaster my supa-kool gai planz all over ta internetz. :thumbsup:

-Chris

thebigjimsho
03-03-09, 11:04 PM
I'll be sure to plaster my supa-kool gai planz all over ta internetz. :thumbsup:

-Chris
nothing changed thurr.

v-sam
03-04-09, 12:46 AM
Big Jim,

How about NJMSP? I was thinking of doing it with Trackdaze 2nd best next to Chin.

v-sam
03-04-09, 01:32 AM

I have stood for enough of this crap. Chin is by far the best club out there in terms of quality track time, its members, and its staff. Chris has been gracious in his responses to you and I have tried to stay out of it long enough. If your that cheap why don't you piss off by a Honda civic and run with your club. Its almost worth the drive and money to come down there with your "great" club and lap you. I am all for the 1st Amendment and you've have certainty exercised it enough to prove your point and that's why I am even bothering to dignify your claims with a response. Why don't you come to this ChinMotorsports school and find out for yourself how great it is. If your unsatisfied I will pay the $100 you would have saved running with your club.

P.S. I am college kid with credit cards at the limit but somehow still find the funds to run with such a great organization.

John

rjoffe
03-04-09, 02:28 AM
Big Jim,

How about NJMSP? I was thinking of doing it with Trackdaze 2nd best next to Chin.

You thinking Thunderbolt 6/20-21 or Lightning 9/5-6 ?

atdeneve
03-04-09, 04:20 AM
Both are great tracks. Given one choice though, I think you'd find Thunderbolt more enjoyable in the V.

In a stock V, you'll reach 125-128 on either track, so it's not a matter of ultimate top speed. Thunderbolts just a bit more suited for the V.

Unkie Barrels
03-04-09, 10:39 AM
I have stood for enough of this crap. Chin is by far the best club out there in terms of quality track time, its members, and its staff. Chris has been gracious in his responses to you and I have tried to stay out of it long enough. If your that cheap why don't you piss off by a Honda civic and run with your club. Its almost worth the drive and money to come down there with your "great" club and lap you. I am all for the 1st Amendment and you've have certainty exercised it enough to prove your point and that's why I am even bothering to dignify your claims with a response. Why don't you come to this ChinMotorsports school and find out for yourself how great it is. If your unsatisfied I will pay the $100 you would have saved running with your club.

P.S. I am college kid with credit cards at the limit but somehow still find the funds to run with such a great organization.

John

Calm down buddy. I don't have anything against Chin and I did not insult them in any way. You and Trukk both seem to like them a lot and I am sure they are great. Trukk just found a way to express his loyalty without freaking out on me like you did. It's hardly necessary. Next time try taking a few deep breaths before you rush to defend your beloved track-day group. That should help you maintain your decorum and perhaps even improve your spelling and grammar.

I was simply adding to the conversation by mentioning that I found another group (Seat Time) who is cheaper and doesn't charge a membership fee. The schedule's basically the same and both organizations have been around for a while. I was wrong about track time, you will get a little more track time with Chin, but most of the difference is in open track (Yellow mixed group) time at the beginning and end of the day.

Enjoy your track day, I am simply letting members know of a viable alternative. If I have a bad experience on March 20th, I give my word that I will man-up and apologize.

thebigjimsho
03-04-09, 03:00 PM

John
Kick his ass, Seabass!

Unkie Barrels
03-04-09, 03:15 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UuSpTGGjcYg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UuSpTGGjcYg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

trukk
03-04-09, 04:18 PM
Kick his ass, Seabass!

LOL, remimnds me of the seabear from Sponge Bob:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k292/bekster3/untitled-5.jpg

-Chris

P.S. Yes I have little kids. Sponge bob is ta funi.

thebigjimsho
03-04-09, 06:29 PM
Big Jim,

NJ sounds fun. And the nice thing is I can make it home the same night after a track day. But I won't be tracking until May, at the earliest. I'm looking at fall for track days this year...

Feffman
03-05-09, 12:43 PM
You guys are welcome to join us (www.MVPTrackTime.com) at The Glen, Mid-Ohio, Road Atlanta, VIR, etc. this year. Lot of track time for a limited outlay.

Feff

Unkie Barrels
03-05-09, 01:01 PM
You guys are welcome to join us (www.MVPTrackTime.com) at The Glen, Mid-Ohio, Road Atlanta, VIR, etc. this year. Lot of track time for a limited outlay.

Feff

Are you guys running North, South, or Full course at VIR? I checked your website but didn't see any specific mention.

If it's full course, I'm there.

Feffman
03-05-09, 04:43 PM
Are you guys running North, South, or Full course at VIR? I checked your website but didn't see any specific mention. If it's full course, I'm there.

We are running the Full course at VIR. CYA there!

Feff

thebigjimsho
03-06-09, 01:49 AM
I want the Grand Course! :lildevil:

atdeneve
03-06-09, 07:48 AM
Ditto! Definitely looking to get on the Grand East Course this year. Looks like the only group running that is Mazda Drivers.

thebigjimsho
03-06-09, 09:37 AM
Ditto! Definitely looking to get on the Grand East Course this year. Looks like the only group running that is Mazda Drivers.
I think I tend to favor more technical tracks, even in the V. The Patriot section of the Grand East course really has some turns. Keeps the lower powered Miatas in the running against the high powered cars.

I've only done the Summit Point Main Course on a simulator, but I think I'm gonna prefer Shenandoah after I've tried both...

trukk
03-06-09, 11:34 AM
I want the Grand Course! :lildevil:

I enjoy the full course more, I tink it has a better flow to it. The grand course seems a bit too chopped up to me. Plus behind the uphill Esses, the turn right after the back main straight is one of my favorites....brake deep in the uphill, trail brake through the turn, and then hard right...lots of fun.

-Chris

thebigjimsho
03-06-09, 12:42 PM
I enjoy the full course more, I tink it has a better flow to it. The grand course seems a bit too chopped up to me. Plus behind the uphill Esses, the turn right after the back main straight is one of my favorites....brake deep in the uphill, trail brake through the turn, and then hard right...lots of fun.

-Chrisflow, my ass(hmm...). you just wanna go straight with yer modz...

atdeneve
03-06-09, 12:57 PM
I think I tend to favor more technical tracks, even in the V. The Patriot section of the Grand East course really has some turns. Keeps the lower powered Miatas in the running against the high powered cars.

I've only done the Summit Point Main Course on a simulator, but I think I'm gonna prefer Shenandoah after I've tried both...

Same here.

-Chris

That was one turn I didn't wanna have to see go (love that hard right and you can really bare down on some faster cars in that braking section right before it), but the Patriot course seems like it'll be a thorough wringing. I like that whole section after the back straight, through the Roller Coaster and outta Hogpen (I think I recall you saying you weren't too fond of that section; I may be wrong), and the Patriot course seems to be more of that in terms of its flow and rhythm. We'll see...

trukk
03-06-09, 01:15 PM
flow, my ass(hmm...). you just wanna go straight with yer modz...

:shhh:

Going fast is fun, but down that damned back straight is where I blew up my R gear, so it's not my favorite spot. I do love braking really hard at the end of that straight though, catch a lot of cars there.

Our cars feel like a waterbuffalo on the partiot course. I definately preffer the main course.

-Chris

thebigjimsho
03-07-09, 11:29 PM
:shhh:

Going fast is fun, but down that damned back straight is where I blew up my R gear, so it's not my favorite spot. I do love braking really hard at the end of that straight though, catch a lot of cars there.

Our cars feel like a waterbuffalo on the partiot course. I definately preffer the main course.

-ChrisI disagree. While the Patriot is tighter than the rest of the course, there isn't really anything tough and tight except turning off the back straight into "the bitch". most of the rest is slower but not upsetting the chassis. i stayed with most of the smaller cars on that section...

Feffman
03-08-09, 11:37 AM
We (www.MVPTrackTime.com) have VIR for two days, maybe I'll look into using the full course one day and the additional length (Grand Course?) the next. Keep an eye on our web site.

Feff

thebigjimsho
03-08-09, 12:53 PM
We (www.MVPTrackTime.com (http://www.MVPTrackTime.com)) have VIR for two days, maybe I'll look into using the full course one day and the additional length (Grand Course?) the next. Keep an eye on our web site.

Feff
many call it the Grand Course but its full name is the Grand East Course...

going from the full the first day to grand east the next would be a great learning tool...