: Ugliest Caddy you ever saw on dealers showroom

Sandy
07-05-04, 10:37 AM
What's the ugliest Cadillac (new) that you ever saw placed upon a Caddy dealer's showroom floor ?

Beyond belief, but my dealer actually ordered this monster and had it on the floor for over 100 days. It finally was sold.

1993 Sedan deVille ordered in Academy Gray (a medium metallic gray - like a business suit gray), ordered with white leather, BUT with medium blue accents (steering wheel/dash/carpeting & rear hat shelf). Car was ordered with the blackwall tires, no whitewalls and the optional factory wire wheel hub caps. When it arrived, they put a simulated convertible top on it, in "salt & pepper tweed!!!

The assistant sales manager that ordered it (for stock, no less) was :blasted: fired!!

What "beast" has anyone else ever seen "on the floor" ?

Msilva954
07-05-04, 10:52 AM
That horrid rust colored CTS with a Black Tuxedo type top.

CoupeDevilleRob
07-05-04, 04:11 PM
I didn't see it in a dealership, but it sure was ugly. There is a private car service based in Manhattan that uses mostly Devilles, they are dark blue with a light blue vinyl top. The cars are hideous, they kind of resemble Massachusettes State Police cars. If I'm paying money to be driven around, I'd sure wouldn't want to be seen in one of those things.

LacSeville
07-05-04, 05:16 PM
Tan 1991 Seville with a (get this) BROWN top...

DopeStar 156
07-05-04, 06:17 PM
Tan 1991 Seville with a (get this) BROWN top...
Oh I know. In my several months of Caddy searching among one of my viewings was a tan Fleetwood Brougham with a brown vinyl top, brown leather and.....GOLD EMBLEMS. It didn't look right at all.

RERM
07-05-04, 08:08 PM
1. Any Cadillac with a fake top.
2. Any Cadillac with a fake top and Vouges.
3. Any Cadillac with a fake top, Vouges and spinners.
4. Any Cadillac with a fake top, Vouges, spinners and gold trim (regardless of car color).
5. Any Cadillac with a fake top, Vouges, spinners, gold trim and gold "interlaced" license plates.
6. Any Cadillac with a fake top, Vouges, spinners, gold trim, gold "interlaced" license plate and fake Rolls Royce grill.
7. Any Cadillac with fake top, Vouges, spinners, gold trim, gold "interlaced" license plate, fake Rolls Royce grill and gold On Star antenna.
8. Any Cadillac with fake top, Vouges, spinners, gold trim, gold "interlaced" license plate, fake Rolls Royce grill, gold On Star antenna and gold pinstripping over the hood, sides, and over trunk.
9. Any Cadillac with fake top, Vouges, spinners, gold trim, gold "interlaced" license plate, fake Rolls Royce grill, gold On Star antenna, gold pinstripping over the hood, sides, trunk and fake flower arrangement on a wood shelf behind the rear seats.
10. Yes, it was in a Cadillac dealership, Vouge section (MB has AMG, BMW has Alpina, Audi has Wetterauer and Cadillac has ...Vouge!!!) it was white, garish and the dealership should've been sut down by GM for even creating such a monstrosity. At one point it was a 2004 Deville DTS, untill it became Don "the Bishop" Magic Juan's wet dream.

Msilva954
07-05-04, 08:46 PM
LOL...you hate every cadillac Im for....hahaha...including mine....Fake Top...Vogues..Goldtrim...hahahaha.

I think you forgot the Chrome Rocker Panels and Chrome Fender Flares though......or do you like those????LOL

RERM
07-05-04, 08:55 PM
LOL...you hate every cadillac Im for....hahaha...including mine....Fake Top...Vogues..Goldtrim...hahahaha.

I think you forgot the Chrome Rocker Panels and Chrome Fender Flares though......or do you like those????LOL

Yep. Why chrome, MAKE THEM GOLD!!! :canttalk: :banghead: :hide: :madtalkin :D

Pete Benson
07-05-04, 09:32 PM
Rerm, you took the words right out of my mouth - I couldn't have put it better myself.

509Rider
07-05-04, 10:10 PM
4. Any Cadillac with a fake top, Vouges, spinners and gold trim (regardless of car color).
5. Any Cadillac with a fake top, Vouges, spinners, gold trim and gold "interlaced" license plates.
6. Any Cadillac with a fake top, Vouges, spinners, gold trim, gold "interlaced" license plate and fake Rolls Royce grill.
7. Any Cadillac with fake top, Vouges, spinners, gold trim, gold "interlaced" license plate, fake Rolls Royce grill and gold On Star antenna.
8. Any Cadillac with fake top, Vouges, spinners, gold trim, gold "interlaced" license plate, fake Rolls Royce grill, gold On Star antenna and gold pinstripping over the hood, sides, and over trunk.
9. Any Cadillac with fake top, Vouges, spinners, gold trim, gold "interlaced" license plate, fake Rolls Royce grill, gold On Star antenna, gold pinstripping over the hood, sides, trunk and fake flower arrangement on a wood shelf behind the rear seats.
10. Yes, it was in a Cadillac dealership, Vouge section (MB has AMG, BMW has Alpina, Audi has Wetterauer and Cadillac has ...Vouge!!!) it was white, garish and the dealership should've been sut down by GM for even creating such a monstrosity. At one point it was a 2004 Deville DTS, untill it became Don "the Bishop" Magic Juan's wet dream.Wow your car must look really boring I dont like all that stuff but some of it I do.

Caddy Man
07-06-04, 10:56 AM
10. Yes, it was in a Cadillac dealership, Vouge section (MB has AMG, BMW has Alpina, Audi has Wetterauer and Cadillac has ...Vouge!!!) it was white, garish and the dealership should've been sut down by GM for even creating such a monstrosity. At one point it was a 2004 Deville DTS, untill it became Don "the Bishop" Magic Juan's wet dream.
i agree with you! i think it depends on the car, i used to have a 1991 towncar and i put vogues on that with wire wheels, but on newer cadillacs it looks nasty as hell. Go to any detroit dealership and thats all you see, no STS, no DTS in the showroom, instead all u see are SLS and Devilles with carriage top, pinstriping , vogues, UGLY aftermakeet wheels and castle grills. They look so damn gaudy. :rant2:

Msilva954
07-06-04, 01:20 PM
Those are the best....imo........

Vesicant
07-06-04, 04:32 PM
No, a Cadillac Catera with the Vogue package now THATS ugly. Full landeau top, chrome wheel option, vogue whitewall w/gold outter line, and various gold-ified Cadillac symbols and nameplates. :(

The look goes good with older 60-80's model Cadillacs, but not today where the curves are nice and the car looks modern. :tisk:

Sandy
07-06-04, 05:07 PM
On my '93 Sixty Special I had Vogue W.W.s put on before I took delivery. They are beautiful and I keep them sno-white at ALL times. They enhance the factory chrome wheels. But nothing else, that become "permanent" after-market. My '03 Town Car has the factory W.W.s that are the thickness of a cigarette. When spotlessly hospital-tested CLEAN, they look dull. I'd love to put on Vogues, but with the factory rims, it would not look good. Vogues NEED chrome rims! A DTS has a sporting flair, and I would not put Vougues on that, but a DHS or a base model.....probably, but only with the factory chromed wheels.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/data/503/26sandy1-med.jpg

Msilva954
07-06-04, 05:16 PM
Even without Chrome rims I think Vogues add alot of style to any deville or town car.....mine arent chrome....but with the vogues in the rear and crappy Michelens in the front you can really tell the difference........Getting Vogues at all 4 corners is my goal instead of getting rims with black wall all around.

CoupeDevilleRob
07-06-04, 07:30 PM
When you say "fake top" I assume you mean fake convertible tops, which I agree are horrible. Vinyl tops are fine though, but only on older Caddies like mine. A half vinly top on a newer Deville should be illegal or something. Cars, especially Cadillacs, look fine the way the factory made them, there is no reason to start adding crap onto them, like fake tops, Vogues, spinners, gold emblems, etc...

illumina
07-06-04, 08:24 PM
i have to say that any late-80's model FWD caddy with little 13 inch gold daytons poking out from the fenders along with a homemade window tint job is a tad ugly.

Msilva954
07-06-04, 08:32 PM
I much prefer the Vogue/Cadillac assosiation better then I do the Mercedes/AMG crappy kits. But thats just my opinion.

RERM
07-06-04, 09:29 PM
When you say "fake top" I assume you mean fake convertible tops, which I agree are horrible. Vinyl tops are fine though, but only on older Caddies like mine. A half vinly top on a newer Deville should be illegal or something. Cars, especially Cadillacs, look fine the way the factory made them, there is no reason to start adding crap onto them, like fake tops, Vogues, spinners, gold emblems, etc...

Granted, the old late 70's and early 80's Coupe DeVilles looked good with the vinyl tops....and if you're riding wire wheels, white walls do look better....MAYBE, in some LIMITED applications, Vouge tires MIGHT look ok.

Caddy Man
07-07-04, 02:01 AM
Granted, the old late 70's and early 80's Coupe DeVilles looked good with the vinyl tops....and if you're riding wire wheels, white walls do look better....MAYBE, in some LIMITED applications, Vouge tires MIGHT look ok.
we have a 1991 towncar in our family, black on black, with black vinyl top, chrome fender flares, chrome rocker panels, i put wire wheels on it with a lower profile vogue tyres (lower profile than stock) and belive me that car get sso many compliments and looks so damn good. but on a newer car i would never do those kinda things, they look very cheap and cheesy especially on newer cadillacs.

Ralph
07-07-04, 02:06 AM
we have a 1991 towncar in our family, black on black, with black vinyl top, chrome fender flares, chrome rocker panels, i put wire wheels on it with a lower profile vogue tyres (lower profile than stock) and belive me that car get sso many compliments and looks so damn good.

That's because they probably think you are in the Mob with that thing, and don't want to offend you. :p

Caddy Man
07-07-04, 10:53 AM
That's because they probably think you are in the Mob with that thing, and don't want to offend you. :p
:cool: shhhhh :shhh: :bouncer: lol

Smokey
07-07-04, 11:17 AM
Mine does have the fake top, but I like it and that's all that matters.

http://mycaddy.smokeys.org

Sandy
07-07-04, 11:57 AM
'Ya, but it's NOT a salt 'n pepper tweed over a dark gray, with blackwalls and wire wheel hub caps over a white leather interior with BLUE accents !

Smokey
07-07-04, 04:56 PM
Yeah, your right ... that does sound pretty ugly. :)

JohnnyO
07-09-04, 02:48 PM
:coolgleam Florida old fart special, red metallic with Vogues, chrome, gold, cream padded landau, and Continental kit seen in Ft. Myers, FL. My dad got his there, fortunately his is stock except for the vinyl roof which thankfully is body color. Back in 1983-84 when I sold Cadillacs we got a navy blue Fleetwood coupe, brand new, on a dealer trade with dull crappy paint. Wouldn't shine no matter what, we sent it back to the other dealer. Another time I special-ordered an '84 Fleetwood sedan for a customer, it was the rose color popular at the time with a maroon velour interior. I didn't care for it, but it looked a lot nicer than the seafoam green (with matching leather) '81 they traded in. :rolleyes2

LacSeville
07-09-04, 05:28 PM
i didn't see it in a showroom, but, i just can't imagine looking at this car and drooling over its body lines and "chick appeal". must be an acquired taste?

Msilva954
07-09-04, 09:07 PM
How about "Vomit Appeal"....... I better go and clean up now...

(Why is this the only forum Ive ever been too without a Vomit smilie??)

LacSeville
07-09-04, 10:03 PM
:vomit: like this one?

Msilva954
07-09-04, 10:48 PM
:yeah: ...stupid me didnt find [More]

JohnnyO
07-10-04, 09:19 AM
:coolgleam Cimarrons don't need a lot of help to look any worse.

Fritzi
07-12-04, 12:01 PM
so like mine! ?

RERM
07-12-04, 12:05 PM
Bishop!!!! Welcome To The Forum!!! :d :d :d