: Bucking, Hesitation in 08 SRX

cannon1017
03-02-09, 03:25 PM
I am having a problem with my 08 SRX. When I am backing off the accelerator I feel a little hesitation and bucking. I also hear a rattling sound when cornering. Anyone else having anything similar happening? I have called OnStar for a diagnosis, but that was about as useless as I expected it to be.

cannon1017
03-06-09, 02:59 PM
I got an answer to my probem. My "change oil" light came on at roughly the same time the symptoms started. Apparently when the oil loses its' viscosity it can throw off the timing and cause the engine to misfire. I was very leery of this, but after an oil change it is purring like a kitten again.

orangeflash
03-07-09, 09:07 PM
Hello Cannon 1017, I am very interested in your hesitation and bucking problem. I had a slight bucking problem under light acceleration at highway speeds on my 07 SRX, but it went away after it reached about 10,000 miles. The dealership could not duplicate the problem. I have never let my oil changes go beyond 50% on the oil life index so I never had my change oil lamp come on. How many miles were on your oil when this started? Was the oil level OK? Was this happening with the original factory fill Mobile 1 oil in the engine? Just curious.

cannon1017
03-09-09, 09:11 AM
Orange,

I will admit to being more than a little late on the change. I was at about 12K when the problem started and, according to OnStar diagnostics, I was not due for an oil change until 13.6K. I have never used synthetic oil before and was following their recommendation. The dealership said that they recommend changes at about 5K intervals which is what I will do in the future.

cadillacroadside
03-11-09, 09:06 AM
its not so much the viscosity..its the level. if your oil is a couple qts low you will get this situation, the rattling is actually the timing chain and the tensioner starved for oil. check your level first