: 98 Seville STS Front door speakers

Roosterace
03-02-09, 02:21 PM
Hi guys,

I've got a problem with the passenger side front door speaker (RH drive) the sound appears muffled and distorted. Is there any way of knowing if the speaker is the problem? or could it be anything else?
Is the speaker unique to the Bose system or is it a standard fit?
If it is the speaker, any ideas where I can get one from? bearing in mind I'm in the UK.
Thanks in advance.

cadillacnick99sls
03-03-09, 10:46 PM
Hi guys,

I've got a problem with the passenger side front door speaker (RH drive) the sound appears muffled and distorted. Is there any way of knowing if the speaker is the problem? or could it be anything else?
Is the speaker unique to the Bose system or is it a standard fit?
If it is the speaker, any ideas where I can get one from? bearing in mind I'm in the UK.
Thanks in advance.

I have some rice krispie sounds coming from mine. I just bought 4 used speakers on ebay. just make sure they have good feedback, alot of crooks out there. check www.car-part.com if nada on ebay

chazglenn3
03-06-09, 01:07 PM
I bought a set on eBay, too. There was a TSB issued by GM to address the front door speakers. Bose redesigned them. If you do buy used, make sure the rear of the speaker cone is all black. The first design speakers had a yellow/black cone. New ones can be had from gmpartsdirect.com for $115 each.