: After you got it home....

Silver04
03-02-09, 12:49 PM
What did you find that needed to be fixed? replaced?

I bought mine sight unseen so...

1. Replace pass side foglamp...lense missing $60
2. Dump both diffs and transfer case $50
3. Wiper blades $12
4. Tow hooks (Mine came with a grill guard, blah) $20 plus rattle can paint
5. Both Daytime running lights burnt out $14
6. Re adjust hood latch...there was about a 1/4" play in mine (hour of time)
7. Replace leaky power steering hose...havent done yet.

About $156...50k miles on my truck

d-dash
03-02-09, 01:24 PM
We will have to see. It is currently in the local shop getting some whines and whirring checked out. hopefully it isn't the diff. i don't want to replace that when i just bought the truck on tuesday.

joee5
03-02-09, 02:11 PM
Buttons in steering wheel for the radio and a strut. Otherwise besides brakes and oil changes, nothing. :) God Bless, Joe

luxurylife33
03-02-09, 02:38 PM
nothing.... I got mine in perfect shape! I just replaced all the fluids and engine oil for preventative maintinence.

d-dash
03-02-09, 03:33 PM
Turns out to be a wheel bearing. Dealer said they would fix it for $150 bucks(half of their cost) but i have to drive it back to where i bought it from. Just under 300 miles away. Otherwise, everything else seems to be fine as far as i can tell. Will pry do a change on the oil, dif's, and tranny here after a short while just so i know where it all sits.

bstiffmanofsteel
03-02-09, 11:49 PM
There is not a closer dealer that will service you? 300 miles is a nice drive, 4.5 hours each way and thats if you push it... Goodluck

bigdaddy's caddy
03-03-09, 10:47 AM
I bought my lade at the end of December Ive changed the fluid in both diffs the transfer case and done tranny fluid and filter now shes at the dealer getting new bearings in ft diff a transfer case seal and the tranny and oil cooler lines replaced I got lucky with this one still under warranty until 6/2010

themadhatter
03-03-09, 07:45 PM
looks like this is a good place for my first post.

'05 Escalade EXT

replaced the following in the first week of having the truck:

wipers - not sure how the previous owner drove in the rain with the original set.
front diff fluid - did nothing to get rid of the whirring sound, must be bearings...ugh.
oil - Q synthetic 5w30 with an AC Delco filter
rear pads - these things were on the backing plates. replaced with Akibono Pro Ceramic pads, rotors were still in great shape
DRLs - replaced with the newer style 14 volt bulbs.

one of the fog light bulbs was burned out so I installed HIDs in their place.

I also just replaced the radio with an old Kenwood Excelon KVT-815 DVD with the Garmin nav module, Sirius and an Ipod connection. The truck makes for an excellent cross country commuter with 10+ hours behind the wheel being far easier then with other cars that I own.

KrazyKeith
03-03-09, 08:15 PM
Lets see..

Front diff bearings

Replace 3rd brake light as it was cracked/broken

replaced navigation units buttons

probably more that i'm forgettin

obxdiver
03-04-09, 06:01 PM
05 ESV Platinum
Intermediate Steering Shaft replacement due to knocking in steering wheel at low speeds. Cadillac paid the bill.

I have a pulsating sound coming from the front end at 40mph. Is that the front diff or wheel bearing?
At times I can even feel it in the pedals very faintly.
If so, then add that to my list.
And now, my rear window defogger has stopped working.

Silver04
03-04-09, 06:05 PM
Pulsation-tire out of balance perhaps?

obxdiver
03-04-09, 06:08 PM
Pulsation-tire out of balance perhaps?

No..I had them rotated and balanced.
Truck drives and rides smooth as ice. I just hear this sound at 40mph.

d-dash
03-05-09, 12:14 PM
Does it kind of sound like a rubbing of metal, almost like the rotor rubbing but its not the rotor. That is what i am hearing with mine. I drove it to the dealer i bought it from 300 miles away to have them replace the wheel bearing. My local dealer said that it was the right front wheel bearing. When i got it to the dealer i bought it from they said it was the left front wheel bearing and said that they replaced it. Well, i am still hearing that pulsating sound when the tires are spinning.

KrazyKeith
03-12-09, 05:10 PM
Lets see..

Front diff bearings

Replace 3rd brake light as it was cracked/broken

replaced navigation units buttons

probably more that i'm forgettin

And an alignment!

Last things I need to do are plug in my drivers rear park sensor and hope thats the problem with that and replace the relay for the rear heat.

Love the lade !!!

Edit:

Them front diff bearings take some abuse, the guy showed me how when all that muck on the magnetic plug gets in with the oil from neglected changes how it messed teh bearings up, the sleeves were all gouged and the bearings even were, I could so see how it was LOUD and did what it did. Best $567.50 I spent on the truck so far!

blkesv2004
03-13-09, 06:45 PM
Hello all!
On our first 'Lade, we bought a late 01 in 02, it had 17.000+ miles, the air bag light stayed on. after about a month of driving, I kept hearing this rubbing noise as I drove. From then on Cadillac had it and I stayed in a rental. After about a year of that off and on, we went back and bought an ESV in 04 and we have had it every since. Now, the problem that I had with the first one, after about two years of driving, I had again, but this time it was fixed right away. My speedometer has stopped working ( I missed the recall), we have replaced the center brake light, and have had work done on the transmission. Hope she holds up.
We plan to keep this one from now on.
Yall have a great day!
J.

jordan00escalade
03-14-09, 02:38 AM
I have to purchase the Manual and the chrome strip and rear end cap for the running board on the drivers side. Time to get my onstar activated.

obxdiver
03-14-09, 07:57 AM
I have to purchase the Manual and the chrome strip and rear end cap for the running board on the drivers side. Time to get my onstar activated.

I wouldn't waste your money on the OnStar
You have a NAV system in your truck. Why do u need OnStar to give u directions?
$200/year is quite steep

jordan00escalade
03-14-09, 11:44 AM
200 a year is for the basic road assistance program. Not to mention the monthly maintenance emails, the navigational package is 300. I like having the road side assistance and the phone capabilities. I find that stuff very useful.. Just my opinion.

scottlutton
08-19-09, 10:52 PM
O5 EXT

Check engine light on way home from dealership.
Replaced Mass air Flow sensor
New battery
New wipers
In shop right now having transmission work done. either a rebuilt or a new one. I have put less than 600 miles on this rig in the 3 weeks I have had it. Dealer has taken care of everything so far. Without me having to use my extended warranty. Even put me in a rental for at least a week while working on transmission.
Back up sensors, one was not working. dealer replaced.