: This should be a fun project

davids78bronco
01-20-03, 02:44 AM
Quick background - I'm building a '75 Dodge D300 CC dually with, right now, a '74 Pontiac 400 and TH400 tranny. Engne, so I'm told, has been built with high compression heads and an RV cam. Here's an overhead shot of that engine as it sits. Since then, I've cleaned up the engine bay by removing nearly all the wiring, leaving enough for the starter and charging system

http://davids78bronco.netfirms.com/P-engine.JPG

And this is the truck. Not bad for 150 bucks - including the engine/tranny huh?

http://davids78bronco.netfirms.com/side-profile.JPG

I still don't have it finished, and haven't been able to start it yet. Because of financial situations - ie, i'm a po' mofo - I'll be running this engine for awhile....IF it even runs at all. If not, then I've got my eye on a '76 Caddy with a 500 for a few hundred bucks.

But that's where the beauty of the Cad 500 comes in. With getting one - eventually, and it IS in the plans - It'll get 20's in back, 18's in front, bagged, 4-link rear suspension, 3D flames, updated front clip and interior, 69-72 Suburban rear half for the bed/canopy with the barn doors, and a full complement of audio-visual components....you know, DVD and PS2(or whatever) for the kids. I'm not sure how long this will take, but it's all going to start with that 500

BeelzeBob
01-20-03, 07:39 AM
Damn! How "po" can ya be with 4 automobiles?! Or is that why? :p

davids78bronco
01-20-03, 02:49 PM
LOL - that's why I'm po'. But as it is, we only drive the Blazer, since it's the only one that actually runs....lol. One Bronco is mine, one is my wife's. Hers will be running with my '70 429 after I get the Dodge running, which will be soon

I REALLY can't wait to see if I can get this other Caddy or not. I'm hoping I can. I've never driven, or even ridden in a Caddy, and all I hear about is how powerful those cars are. Am I correct in assuming this '76 I want is a RWD car?

lux hauler
01-20-03, 07:45 PM
In '76 all DeVilles and Eldorados came from the factory with 500's (it was the last year for the 500 too).
DeVilles were RWD and Eldos were FWD.