: 75 FB is gone

GenrlRodes
03-02-09, 12:50 AM
Well, today I 'said goodbye' to my 1975 Fleetwood Brougham, though I was not present for the sale. It was my third Cadillac, but it was my baby.... Bought her back in 99 with 43,xxx miles and was nearly perfect, aside from some minor issues. Well, she is going to a new owner primarily as a parts car now.

Someday I will find another, but for now, my 65 Fleetwood and 90 Brougham D'Elegance should keep me happy. :)

Cadillac_Fan
03-02-09, 01:01 AM
Sorry you had to let it go. While these cars are nothing more than material things, there's no doubt we develop a kinship with them under our ownership. What circumstances led you to depart with it?

I had to say goodbye to my beloved '88 Brougham last year. There was just no end in sight for repairs and it forced my sale. I already spent so much money on it it makes me delirious. Oh well, I guess it was money well spent for the joy and good times I had with it. But I do miss it dearly.

GenrlRodes
03-02-09, 01:34 AM
Yes, they are material, but wow, material things can take control of ones life. It was in PA and I live in IA now. Needed restoring. Some minor rust repair and repaint. I wanted to rebuild the engine - with closer specs to the early 500's. That was just after I would be able to trailer it here. 800+ miles to transport. Felt it would better suit someone else.. Someday, a 76 Brougham D'Elegance would be nice to rest in my garage :sneaky::D:yup:

So, I can use the money towards some things my 65 Fleetwood needs. A/C work, weather striping....

Cadillac_Fan
03-02-09, 01:39 AM
I hear you - practicality and the voice-of-reason kick in at some point. Perhaps you could find a Fleetwood Talisman? Those are extraordinary.