: supercharging pulleys??

illumina
07-05-04, 01:04 AM
i have a rather interesting question, i have always been under the impression that to get more power from a supercharger, you would have to put smaller pullys on the device. am i wrong here? because i know this guy that argued with me that you should make the pullys larger to make more power, but i always thought that you should make them smaller for the power gain. after all, smaller means more revolutions right? someone, please let me know what the real deal is here, and if i am right, i will print this thread and show him off:devil:..thanks in advance, illuminaP.

Msilva954
07-05-04, 09:22 AM
You are 200% correct. By adding a smaller pully the revolutions increase...therefore increasing the boost that the supercharger creates. Take in mind a SVT Cobra with the 390hp supercharged V8. By going to a smaller pully many have dinoed the cars at 430hp compared to the 390. And owners of Grand Prixes and Buick Regal GS's have gotten as much as 275hp from just goin to smaller pully's.

Elvis
07-05-04, 07:47 PM
I'll second that. Works on turbos, too.

DaveSmed
07-06-04, 12:05 AM
How do you change the pulley on a turbo??

Msilva954
07-06-04, 08:57 AM
I didnt know that about turbos only superchargers......you can up the boost on turbos buy computer usually but not pullys.....maybe im wrong???