: STS N* Rough Idle/Miss at Startup

chubbyranger
03-01-09, 02:58 PM
So over the course of the past week when I've lit off the STS it idles rough like it has a miss. Revs up fine and it clears up after driving. It did it yesterday and I pulled codes while it was skipping and got no PCM codes. I'm hoping its just the FPR but anything else I should check? Motor was out for HGs ~8000 miles ago and its been straight premium and occassional WOTs since then so I don't think a dirty TB is likely. New spark plug wires last month. :hmm:

Ranger
03-01-09, 06:29 PM
It WAS timeserted wasn't it?

chubbyranger
03-01-09, 07:29 PM
It WAS timeserted wasn't it?

Oh yes. I saw the block and inserts before it was reassembled. The guy who did it explained the whole process to me to the point I could believe he knew what he was doing. I played dumb the whole time...

Ranger
03-01-09, 07:47 PM
I wonder if you could have a leaky FPR or injector.

chubbyranger
03-01-09, 08:53 PM
If it wasn't getting ready to snow for Armegeddon here I'd go out and check the FPR. Was on my list for today but didn't quite make it. Just can't convince myself to go pop the hood when its 35 degrees - inside the garage.

Ranger
03-01-09, 09:16 PM
35 degrees! I hope you are not looking for sympathy.

chubbyranger
03-02-09, 08:25 AM
35 degrees! I hope you are not looking for sympathy.

C'mon man - I might break a nail or mess up my hair in that kind of cold.

chubbyranger
03-02-09, 02:07 PM
So I checked the FPR today - its dry. Come to think of it, the couple of times it has done it has been on the second start after a drive; once leaving work after it sat for ~9 hours and another time after ~3 hours. Started it today and it ran fine, but then it hasn't left the garage since Friday or Saturday. :hmm: Any simple test for leaky injectors?

Ranger
03-02-09, 07:16 PM
Only way to check them is to pull the fuel rail and energize the fuel pump.