: Is this SRX a hoax it V badged

Saabsnob
03-01-09, 01:46 PM
I was having new Bilsteins put on my saab and this is the second time I've seen this SRX. I know that some people I've known had special cars ordered that were not "official".

But is this a hoax SRX-V?

concorso
03-01-09, 01:51 PM
most likely ;)

z32drifter
03-01-09, 02:09 PM
For a few dollars on ebay you can transform your SRX to a V... or your 318i to a M3. In reality with a CTS-V donor car a SRX-V could be very intresting project.

c5 rv
03-01-09, 02:25 PM
Just so it doesn't say "Type R".

smithb
03-01-09, 02:30 PM
Yea, give me $50k, and I will turn yours into a Ferrari SRX.

ewill3rd
03-01-09, 03:22 PM
You can buy V badges and put them on anything you want.
I thought about putting one on my bike, but then I thought that would be pretty stupid.

jdavis
03-01-09, 04:11 PM
Definitely a poser! The smaller exhaust tips are a tell that it is a common V6 model.

GMJim
03-01-09, 05:10 PM
let alone 17" tires.

dreamer

TSS
03-02-09, 09:00 AM
..and non chrome roof rails..... What a :2fiddy:

c5 rv
03-02-09, 12:03 PM
..and non chrome roof rails..... What a :2fiddy:

Hmm, what would a V-Lade have under the hood? A supercharged and intercooled 6.2?

The Tony Show
03-02-09, 02:48 PM
There is a guy here on the forums who swapped the 469hp Northstar SC from an STS-V into his N* SRX, but I don't think he put V badges on it.

TSS
03-02-09, 04:32 PM
There is a guy here on the forums who swapped the 469hp Northstar SC from an STS-V into his N* SRX, but I don't think he put V badges on it.

I have heard of somebody here thinking about it, but never actually doing it. I would be real interested in that vehicle!

TSS
03-02-09, 04:36 PM
Hmm, what would a V-Lade have under the hood? A supercharged and intercooled 6.2?

There are guys on the forum supercharging and turbo-ing Lades. As for me, no poop, it is plenty fast as is and becomes dangerous due to handling issues with the added HP of a SC or Turbo. Seriously, if you have never driven one, they are freaky fast for something that big with a NA engine. Or, maybe I am just getting old ..... :(

Superjim
03-02-09, 07:43 PM
Or, maybe I am just getting old ..... :(

^^^^^ You think????? :hmm: :stirpot: :cool2:

TSS
03-03-09, 08:55 AM
^^ Yeah, guess I can't deny it. Especially looking at some of my recent posts - including one to you about driving in triple digits. Just look for me going 55 in the left lane with my blinker inadvertently left on...on my way to the early bird special. What happened to me!?!?! :eek:

wait4me
03-03-09, 09:53 AM
That aint my srx,

But, i have put on ALL the sts v suspension and brakes and rims on my SRX.
Inside i have the CTS V steering wheel, the better gauge cluster, radio, and trim..

It made my srx look a lot better AND stop better, and handle better, and drive better, and sound better, and show me alot more information on the dash..

It was worth the trouble.

But, i didnt put on the v badges or put on the screen mesh front end.... :D

TSS
03-03-09, 10:23 AM
^^ why tease us? :tisk: Where are the pics of the revised interior and with the V rims/brakes? I would love to see the photos.

Todd

Superjim
03-03-09, 11:03 AM
^^ Yeah, guess I can't deny it. Especially looking at some of my recent posts - including one to you about driving in triple digits. Just look for me going 55 in the left lane with my blinker inadvertently left on...on my way to the early bird special. What happened to me!?!?! :eek:

I was just pulling your leg a bit. :yup:
I didn't mean anything bad.

It happens to all of us...sooner or later.
Makes us wonder where in the world the time went.
You walk by a mirror, catch a quick glimpse of yourself, and wonder...who is that OLD GUY?
I have about 25 years on you....you young'ens. :)

Texas Jim

TSS
03-03-09, 11:33 AM
I was just pulling your leg a bit. :yup:
I didn't mean anything bad.

Texas Jim

I know Jim, it's all good. I still feel really good, am healthy, and take good care of myself, but this being tamer/cautious thing really did sneak up on me. :helpless:

GMJim
03-03-09, 03:58 PM
Todd, in your personals, age equals how old you are, not your waste size. lol

TSS
03-04-09, 08:50 AM
Todd, in your personals, age equals how old you are, not your waste size. lol

Ouch.

Klei14
03-04-09, 02:01 PM
That aint my srx,

But, i have put on ALL the sts v suspension and brakes and rims on my SRX.
Inside i have the CTS V steering wheel, the better gauge cluster, radio, and trim..

It made my srx look a lot better AND stop better, and handle better, and drive better, and sound better, and show me alot more information on the dash..

It was worth the trouble.

But, i didnt put on the v badges or put on the screen mesh front end.... :D
Please post up pics of this!!!!!!!!!!!11 :worship:

57TBird
03-05-09, 11:40 AM
Quote from above (The Tony Show) - "There is a guy here on the forums who swapped the 469hp Northstar SC from an STS-V into his N* SRX, but I don't think he put V badges on it."

I would be very interested in a write-up with pictures of how this was done, especially whether the 4.4L N* SC intake, intercooler, etc. fit without modification on the 4.6L N* and also how it was tuned. I would love to SC or Twin Turbo my N* SRX, if there is a viable way to do this (without an aftermarket PCM).

57TBird