: 2000 catera sport with center tail light problems

bustah49
03-01-09, 12:15 PM
i just got this car . it has 72,xxx miles on it. i had replace brake switch and all the bulbs in the rear of the car. 1st question. are the tail lights in the decklid suppose to be brighter than the outer tails? and 2nd quest. the bulbs are blown again. :banghead: is there another bulb i could use instead? something lil more dependable?

AHazzardToAll
03-03-09, 06:44 PM
i wouldn't guess the third brake light is actually supposed to be brighter than the outer taillights, if that's what you're asking. Or maybe you're talking about the running lights? I think all 3 are supposed to light up equally. If you want to bright them up a little or find better/other brake light bulbs check out the below thread.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/135190-led-bulb-conversion.html

bustah49
03-04-09, 07:39 PM
i am talkin about the left and right tail lights on the decklid, not the 3rd brake light. when the bulbs were put in new they looked almost like a rear foglight on european cars. they were brighter than the actual tail/brake/turn signal lense thats on the quarters.

Southern-Hospitality
03-06-09, 01:13 PM
I don't know about different more reliable bulbs but the strip on the trunk lip is a little brighter since it's LED, It's like this on the first generation of Devilles with LED strips as well. Wasn't corrected until the CTS came out with LED tails.

JRomano
03-09-09, 09:39 PM
i am talking about the left and right tail lights on the deck lid, not the 3rd brake light. when the bulbs were put in new they looked almost like a rear fog light on European cars. they were brighter than the actual tail/brake/turn signal lens that's on the quarters.

you probably installed an 1156 bulb in the deck lid housings, they are 21w, you will melt the taillights with those in there, the correct bulb is an R5W (a.k.a. 5007), 5w, equal lighting to the regular parking light filament in the outer taillights