: 2005 Escalade Won't Start

cadigirlj9
03-01-09, 09:54 AM
Hi guys I need some help. I have a 2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD bought it used and have had it for about 9 months recently in the past month I have had a problem with it starting. I can go out start it no problem and then out of no where I will go out to get in and it won't start, espcially if it sits longer then it normally does. I have had the alternator tested and its putting out fine, I have had the battery replaced as well as tested and the battery is fine. I have been told that I could possibly have a bad spot in my starter, but as well I have been having a problem with the traction control. I will pull out of my driveway, off a light, out of a gas station and my traction control comes on, ON DRY PAVEMENT!!! I have had it to the dealership I purchased it from and they say they can't find what is wrong with it. I really think they are just jerking me around because I'm a girl, but I filed a complaint with the BBB and got all my money back that I have paid them do to poor service and the way I was treated. I really am just looking for some ingisht to see if anyone else has had these kinds of problems. Someone else has also asked me if my security light was on when it won't start, no it won't its my check engine light? Sometimes it will be so dead it won't even click and I can't unlock the doors or anything, please help! Thanks!

shore
03-01-09, 10:31 AM
What comes 1st to my mind is a grounding problem somewhere.A chaffed wire or loose terminal.A ground strap on the engine or frame that has worked loose somehow.

Voltage propblems(high or low) will cause little electrical gremlins to appear.

My 05 last week had a weak battery and would not start.Only sat for 2 days.It usually sits for 5 days at a time and has never done it.

I have to ask what you mean by "won't start"...does that mean the starter is turning and the engin will not fire or does you mean it just clicks when you turn the key.I say this because the chances of having a starter with a bad spot is about as common as one of these motors grenading from normal driving.It just doesn't happen from normal use.

bstiffmanofsteel
03-01-09, 01:18 PM
I remember a similar thread a few months back, here is the link. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/152402-2003-escalade-will-not-start.html GOODLUCK