: CADILLAC SRX Starting problem, liftgate problem

chicfreakstyle
03-01-09, 05:40 AM
Hi all

Thanks for the help if anyone can help.

I have a 2006 SRX and i just got it from the USA it arrived the other day I started it fine and then left it there to clean it the next day.
The next day I could not start it at all , the key is stuck in the ignition , verything works , absoluteley everything but it does not crank , and I cannot open the rear liftgate neither and I have a huge package in the trunk I need to get out ..and last , the key cannot be removed from the ignition ...
I am pretty sure it is Parking related problem or something similar ( the car is in PArk of course ) , but here in France , no one knows those cars and I live in a small twon, so I am basically stuck with no ideas...

So my questions are :
Any hints on how to make it start?
HOW DO I OPEN THE REAR LIFGATE MANUALLY ( this is important )

thanks for the help
Jean Marc

jdavis
03-01-09, 08:00 AM
To open the lift gate manually, use the door unlock switch located on the drivers door. This should unlock the lift gate as well. Go to the lift gate and lift the handle to open the rear gate.
If the car was parked on an incline without applying the parking brake prior to putting the gear selector into park first, the key could become lodged. To remove the key, try turning the steering wheel hard one way or the other while pulling out the key. This will take some of the pressure off of the steering wheel lock and should release the key.
I do not have much to offer on the starting problem other than to check fuel level. Often automobiles are shipped with little fuel in the tank for safety reasons.

n7don_srx
03-01-09, 08:55 AM
If the battery is low you can't remove the key, get it out of park and the rear lift gate won't open. Try either replacing the battery or jump starting with a good battery.

jpettit
03-01-09, 10:06 AM
Not being able to remove the key and unable to start the car can be a legitimate security system function (or malfunction). The key only turns in the steering lock because it is cut correctly, while the electronics under the Cadillac symbol may not be talking to the car and the key fob. The car may not recognize the key or the key has lost its programming.

Unlock the car with the key fob, open the car with another working key, put the working key next to the steering lock and see if that allows you to start the car or remove the non-working key. Quit using the bad key. Use the good key until you can get the other key re-programmed by a Cadillac dealer with your VIN and proof of ownership. Hope this works.

chicfreakstyle
03-01-09, 12:46 PM
To make things clear

The car has gas and I have two new batteries that I used for testing but ONLY ONE KEY..

The powerlift gate is not working anymore ( it worked saturday when we started the car to move it ), the car is unlock, there is no handle to open it it is a power opening , i have a corvette c6 and there is a cable hidden when there is no battery and we can open it even without no key or no battery in it .
The steering is moving freely
once started the key was easily released from the steering
One fuse is blown, the het fan lower control.

I want to thank you for your answers but I have done it all already , but please keep sending me idea about the problems...
Can we get a second key with the title copy directly from the US?
Jean Marc

srx05v8
03-01-09, 01:51 PM
Are you sure the battery is not discharged while you did the cleaning? It happened to me - spent way too much time cleaning it the first day I got the car. Couldn't start it the next day because the battery was completely drained. I heard the car consumes lots of power even all you do is leaving the door open...

chicfreakstyle
03-01-09, 02:51 PM
yes battery is ok , i have in fact two full batteries so when one was discharged I used the second one , and once again EVERYTHING WORKS FINE but it does not crank and the lift gage not working .
There is a handle in fact but it is powered ..
Jean Marc

jdavis
03-01-09, 06:22 PM
Jean, the handle will work if the car is unlocked. Use the unlock button on the drivers door to unlock all doors or press the unlock button on the fob two times. The handle should be lifted to open the gate and allow you to lift the gate manually.
If you know of a GM dealer in France, you should be able to have a second key made locally.

chicfreakstyle
03-02-09, 05:58 AM
Hi , i agree with you this works normally like this , but since I think it is a PARKING sensor related problem ( which prevents the trunk from opening if not in the right position ) this is why I am looking for a manual solution ...if there is one and I am sure there must be one .

I have done all what you say believe me .
my problem is to start the car and eliminating the starting problem that causes all the other problems ...
chain reaction:crybaby:

JM

srx05v8
03-04-09, 01:09 AM
Quel Dommage! I would still think it MIGHT be the battery. here is my experience - when i drained my battery, i tried to jump start it with another battery and it didn't work. I then called in the professionals, who bundled two jumpers together without any success. Everything worked, but it just wouldn't crank. Finally I had it towed to the dealership and all they did was REPLACING the battery. I still don't understand why it worked that way...