: Questions about Hog's DIY wheel-hop fix

Unkie Barrels
02-28-09, 11:19 PM
So I decided to give Hog's wheel-hop fix a try on my '06. I am having a problem figuring out exactly what I am supposed to do about the rubber bushing. I know that Hog said he grinded it down, but it seems like I am going to have to do a lot of grinding to make everything work.

This is a picture of the rear cradle bushing in it's stock set-up. Notice how much rubber there is at the top of the assembly.

Unkie Barrels
02-28-09, 11:22 PM
Here it is:

Unkie Barrels
02-28-09, 11:28 PM
So I figured adding a washer would compress the bushing and at least help a little, so I added one since I already had the car on the lift. But after I torqued it down, I noticed that I could move the washer without having to try very hard so i took it back out. Which left this friggin' gap.

That just goes to show how soft that bushing it and why it is such a major cause of our hopping problems.

So I am hoping some of you guys could let me know how you were able to trim the bushing. Any help from someone with experience on the fix would be appreciated.

heavymetals
03-01-09, 01:14 AM
I suggest you get a hold of SPECTER as they were asking about interest for this very application.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/161383-interested-06-07-cradle-bushings.html

Unkie Barrels
03-01-09, 09:19 AM
I suggest you get a hold of SPECTER as they were asking about interest for this very application.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/161383-interested-06-07-cradle-bushings.html

Thanks, kinda. They decided not to make them since they couldn't modify their 04-05 bushing to work.

NormV
03-01-09, 11:26 AM
Not sure if it's as effective as on 04-05, buy you'll need 2-3 washers for each of the 4 cradle bolts.

Worked great on my 05!

Norm

Unkie Barrels
03-02-09, 04:10 PM
Little help...

Unkie Barrels
03-03-09, 11:27 AM
Anyone that has done this fix, PLEASE give me some input on how you modified the rubber bushing.

If you did this on an 04-05 and the bushing looked different, let me know.

PISNUOFF
03-03-09, 12:39 PM
Don't cut the bushing, you don't have to. You will need to put washers on the top and bottom to properly compress the rubber. How many is still up in debate. I cut the bushing and added 2 on top and one on the bottom. Still had the same wheelhop and decided to remove the washers. Now when it hops it's worse due to removing the rubber. If you're bent on trimming it, use an extendable razor cutter with a long blade.

Unkie Barrels
03-03-09, 01:00 PM
Don't cut the bushing, you don't have to. You will need to put washers on the top and bottom to properly compress the rubber. How many is still up in debate. I cut the bushing and added 2 on top and one on the bottom. Still had the same wheelhop and decided to remove the washers. Now when it hops it's worse due to removing the rubber. If you're bent on trimming it, use an extendable razor cutter with a long blade.

I am thinking about trimming the upper edge just so that the rubber doesn't push out and start to tear.

So it didn't work at all for you? Did it make it worse or was there no difference?

lollygagger8
03-03-09, 01:53 PM
Do the washers go on each side of the rubber mount, or only on the bottom?

ichpen
03-03-09, 02:43 PM
subscribing to this. Been asking this for a while. :(