: Help!!

cadillac6
07-04-04, 10:57 PM
Ok so I have noticed lately when I brake it pulsates really rough when I am coming to a stop. Got really annoying. So today I go to advanced auto parts, get BRAND new rotors, and BRAND new pads for the front. Had them changed...told my mechanic that id be right back I wanted to take it for a test drive. Did so and STILL brakes rough!!!! He told me it was probably my rear rotors and pads! is this my problem???

BeelzeBob
07-04-04, 11:03 PM
The parking brake applies only the rear brakes so you can use this to isolate the rear brakes to see if it is the rear brakes causing the roughness. Make sure the the automatic parking brake release is working correctly (depress the parking brake pedal while sitting still in drive...it should return to the none applied position when you release pressure if the automatic release is working) and then drive along and apply the parking brake with your foot with varying pressure to see if you get the same pulsations. If so, then it has to be from the rear brakes as the parking brake applies only the rear brake.

cadillac6
07-05-04, 12:38 AM
I mean my car is a 97 and I bought it off of ebay, I have no history of service records so who knows when the last time the rear rotors and pads were changed?