: RAM Slave = no go

Kmajecki
02-28-09, 12:37 AM
Well in my efforts to get all ready for the track tomorrow i thought i'd finally throw a ram slave in there and cure my high rpm sticking clutch pedal issue. What was to be a 1 day event turned into 3.5 days. Long story short, RAM slave 78170 apparently will not work in the V and im just hoping i will be able to return it.

The "old" clutch was only about a year old, but i thought i might as well go ahead and swap it out while they're in there. So in reality i could have just left it all together and been fine. Now i just spent about $1,200 (minus ram slave IF it can be (returned) to get a new stock clutch, and a new stock slave cylinder installed. I thought, well at least i'll still have the remote bleeder installed :) DEEE-NIED! Apparently the fittings of the RAM 78510 remote bleeder are different from the stock slave and there wasnt enough time to get or try any adapter. So they put in a new stock slave with a small shim which has nicely placed my clutch engagement almost dead center in the pedals range.

They filled up my shiny new stock slave with some Motul 600, and flushed my brake system with the same, and all was good until halfway home. Engine light comes on, so i pull into my work parking lot to see whats up. I find a wire and connector hanging down, so over to the loading dock which has a steep ramp and i drive up it with half the car hanging off (McGuyver jack). Apparently the top driver side cat came un plugged (oh yea i got my new cats put on too :) ) So i sear my hand on the kooks and reconnect it but the engine light remains. I make it home, light is still on. I disconnect the battery so i can uninstall my subs and just hope when i reconnect it and start the light is gone, no luck. So i decide to drive back around downtown Dallas for a bit in hopes the light goes off. Well after about 10 mins i end up at a light with some punk kid in his RX8, chrome up front and stockers in the rear, i guess he had his battle armor on :histeric: Light turns green and mr roll back and forth just couldnt time it right and BOO YA! just another casualty :want: My reward... engine light is off when i look back to the dash!

Long story i know, but just wanted to vent on my $1200 early maintenance story. The pedal hasnt stuck yet, but im sure the real test will be tomorrow on the track. I also have that kooks cat with the hole in it, the honeycomb interior has really deteriorated and was no doubt blocking some flow on the passenger side cylinders

814V
02-28-09, 12:57 AM
dont forget to put up pics from the track!

thebigjimsho
02-28-09, 01:19 AM
ouch...

KaMaSuTrA
03-02-09, 11:47 AM
The RX8 had no chance lol

lollygagger8
03-02-09, 11:52 AM
Killin the rotary softly...well played sir

CTS2NV
03-02-09, 03:08 PM
damn... i could have bought alot of ammunition with 1200 dollars.

lollygagger8
03-02-09, 03:54 PM
damn... i could have bought alot of ammunition with 1200 dollars.

Not after Barack Hitler taxes the $hit out of it!