: Package comparison

s4ologist
02-27-09, 08:33 PM
As a relative newbie to automotive modification, I have a question about two setups that have been mentioned here so far:

The Hennessey 650 HP package (94 over stock), as I understand it, involves intake, complete exhaust, from headers on back, and a pulley and tune.

Wait4me's setup puts 559 to the ground (over 100 HP over stock, per his 429 stock dyno) with only intake, pulley and tune (without altering the exhaust).

I simply am having trouble reconciling these results. Would someone wise in these matters please comment?

At some point, I will likely have some modest mods done to the car, and basically, if I can get a 130 HP increase to the ground with a tune and intake only, well... (no flaming intended here, I just need an education, so to speak)

Thx.

jjsC6
02-27-09, 10:55 PM
As a relative newbie to automotive modification, I have a question about two setups that have been mentioned here so far:

The Hennessey 650 HP package (94 over stock), as I understand it, involves intake, complete exhaust, from headers on back, and a pulley and tune.

Wait4me's setup puts 559 to the ground (over 100 HP over stock, per his 429 stock dyno) with only intake, pulley and tune (without altering the exhaust).

I simply am having trouble reconciling these results. Would someone wise in these matters please comment?

At some point, I will likely have some modest mods done to the car, and basically, if I can get a 130 HP increase to the ground with a tune and intake only, well... (no flaming intended here, I just need an education, so to speak)

Thx.

Google Hennessey and do some research on him. If you spend enough time doing so, you might come up with some interesting information.

urbanski
02-28-09, 08:03 AM
w4m has a solid rep here and is an active participant.

s4ologist
02-28-09, 10:13 AM
Thanks, guys.

My question above wasn't intended to cast doubt on either individual or his respective work, I just wanted to know if s.o. knew if the differences were related to different dynos and/or aggressiveness of tune or pulley (or have to do with something entirely different).

thebigjimsho
02-28-09, 06:30 PM
hmm...